• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sharkcaver
    "2000"+ Valued Contributor
    • May 2009
    • Perth

The olive is a compression fitting.......Drill and tap the dump pipe. Screw fitting in. Secure thermocouple at the right depth and secure this with the swage nut on top of the fitting. Detailed instructions with pics are on chip-its site.

Shane.
    MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• Pujo
      • Nov 2011
      • South Oz

Originally posted by sharkcaver View Post
      The olive is a compression fitting.......Drill and tap the dump pipe. Screw fitting in. Secure thermocouple at the right depth and secure this with the swage nut on top of the fitting. Detailed instructions with pics are on chip-its site.

Shane.
      Thanks Shane. Problem is there is no swage nut on the fitting. There was nothing at all with a thread on it on the probe Chip it have assured my guy that the fitting was included. I had the egt control, race pipe and the egt blank fitted in my NS but not the chip or probe installed at the time because I changed mind and I ended up getting an NT so it's all going in that. The probe fittings must be laying around somewhere as I have all the parts. My guy has only put the egt control in the NT so far with the wires etc in the engine bay waiting to build up a few kays before connecting it all up. I dont need the race pipe on the NT either because the exhaust is different, it doesn't have the big dpf like the NS. I might get a bigger exhaust though down the track.
      Last edited by Pujo; 05-02-12, 08:56 AM.

Comment

• sharkcaver
        "2000"+ Valued Contributor
        • May 2009
        • Perth

Ok below is a pic of the fitting. The probe is represented by the white stick. The thermocouple has no thread, its a straight shaft. The fitting on the left is screwed into the tapped hole in the dump pipe. Then get your probe. Place the nut (pictured on the right) on the probe. Then place the olive on the probe. Then place the assembled probe/olive/fitting into the fitting you've screwed into the dump pipe. Adjust the probe length, do up the nut you placed on the probe and you will have a probe swaged into the dump pipe fitting.

Shane.
        Attached Files
        MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• Thomo238
          • Apr 2009
          • Perth

Chip It Hands down they did such a great job on my Pajero cant fault them or the product awesome power and more if I want it....If not convinced drive a Paj with one fitted..
          2011 NT RX 3.2DiD.ARB Winch Bar,Avenger 9500lb Winch,ARB Lockers,OME 2' Lifted Suspension,Poly Airs,58lt LRA Tank, Redarc Dual Battery Kit,Snorkel,Rock Sliders,GME UHF TX3340,265/70R17 MTZ's,Full Under Body Protection,48lt S/S Water Tank,HID Spot Lights,LED Light Bar,Custom Made Rear Draws,Diff Breathers,Diesel Smart Module,B&M Tranny Cooler,Dual Wheel Carrier,Rear,Camp Light,In Dash GPS,Coupler Tech,Tyre Monitors,Scan Gauge,3' Manta Exh,HPD InterCooler,RhinoRack etc

Comment

• Pujo
            • Nov 2011
            • South Oz

Well I found the fittings but not where they should have been . Going to get it all fitted up now in the next couple of weeks

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X