Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Fuel and fuel systems

Fuel and fuel systems Petrol vs Diesel, LPG Conversions, premium fuels, and all that gas

Old 15-10-09

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharky View Post
Gday Brian because its my first go I put about 450ml in, maybe just under. For example:
90 litres of fuel would be 450ml
80 litres of fuel would be 400ml
70 " " 350ml
60 " " 300ml
50 " " 250ml
40 " " 200ml
30 " " 150ml
20 " " 100ml
10 " " 50ml
5 " " 25ml

This was my understanding of the formula from a fuel calculator link and advice that was posted. Thats how I interperted it halve the fuel and add a zero eg:80Litres halved = 40 add zero =400ml.
Just remember that the first top up would be the total fuel in your tank (450ml/90L) as there will be no 2 stroke mixed in with your diesel at this stage. After that you have to do the fill up calculations.

I just added 450ml of Valvoline 2 stroke Racing today before putting 30L in my tank - first go!

I'll report back after a couple of fills.
Old 19-10-09
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wal View Post
Just remember that the first top up would be the total fuel in your tank (450ml/90L) as there will be no 2 stroke mixed in with your diesel at this stage. After that you have to do the fill up calculations.

I just added 450ml of Valvoline 2 stroke Racing today before putting 30L in my tank - first go!

I'll report back after a couple of fills.
Yeah thanks Wal I should have mentioned about initial fill. Hey good luck with yours
Old 28-10-09

Any updates? Anyone?
Marc
Old 29-10-09
Valued Member

Gday Marc I'm currently putting my second lot through I'm just not doing a lot of k's at the moment but up to now I've found quieter running, small increase in power, slightly better mileage(well so far) and I dont reckon it blows as much smoke under acceleration( acceleration is there such a thing on a 2.8 diesel ) not that it used to blow heaps. So I'm still reserving judgment just yet but overall so far it is an improvement, My experience with it.
Cheers Steve
Old 29-10-09

ok sounds good, keep us updated. Thanks.
Marc
Old 29-10-09

Hi,

I'm now onto my second tank. First impressions was that is it much, much quieter. Power delivery seems to be smoother, but this might be wishful thinking. The first tank seemed to be more fuel efficient as well. However, I will need to run another couple of tanks before really confirming the efficency. It may have just been I had smoother runs through town for those couple of weeks.

Cheers,
Rob
Old 29-10-09
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cameltrain View Post
Hi,

I'm now onto my second tank. First impressions was that is it much, much quieter. Power delivery seems to be smoother, but this might be wishful thinking. The first tank seemed to be more fuel efficient as well. However, I will need to run another couple of tanks before really confirming the efficency. It may have just been I had smoother runs through town for those couple of weeks.

Cheers,
Rob
Yep same here I'll reserve my judgement on economy but looking good since all mods on the best to half main tank was 430klms, well I took a pick just to make sure I wasn't seeing things:

I still want to fill & run another tank through before I get ahead of myself.

Guss.

How to get Forum Decals
Old 30-10-09
Valued Member

Default Long run

I tried it on the NL Paj heading north. Perth to Newman.

Used a semisynthetic two stroke oil from BHP. Slight rich mixture (500ml) for the first load in a 90 litre tank. 2nd tank had more the 200:1.

On the way up . Cruising at 100-110, Roofrack with double swag (Left right in the front) and chairs, tent and water on it.

Averaged around 14.5 litres/100k. nothing real exciting. Just got back from Albany the weekend before and averaged 12.5 ish with no roof rack.

Seemed smoother and quieter and didn't struggle but doubt it got better fuel economy.

On the way back (2000km later) I still had the roof rack but the swag was in the back. Height of roof rack load was halved. It got around 12.5 without the two stroke fuel.

At this stage I would be hard to say it was better or worse.
Old 30-10-09

I just filled up this morning with my second tank of diesel since deciding to test this out. This time I had to calculate how much fuel I would put in and then use the 1:200 ratio for adding the Valvoline 2 stroke racing oil. I added 70 litres of diesel and 350 mls of two stroke which went in first

On the first fill two weeks ago I didn't notice much difference in either fuel consumption/power/noise but that time I only added 20L of fuel plus 450 mls of two stroke.

This time I can feel a difference but whether it will last will be the test. The Paj has more pick up at lower revs, sounds quieter and changes gear more smoothly. In 4 days time this could all be different so it will be interesting to see if this new change will continue on.

I'll report back in a weeks time. Opinions regarding how I did this would be appreciated
Old 31-10-09
"2000"+ Valued Contributor

Send a message via MSN to sharkcaver Send a message via Skype™ to sharkcaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus View Post
Yep same here I'll reserve my judgement on economy but looking good since all mods on the best to half main tank was 430klms, well I took a pick just to make sure I wasn't seeing things:

I still want to fill & run another tank through before I get ahead of myself.

Guss.
I find it amazing the difference in fuel economy others are getting, some being quite high, others very low without any additions. Whether oil addition improves economy or not? I do not know, but does anyone have any thoughts on what the longer term implications are for the combustion chambers etc in regards to carbon buildup and implications for turbo bearings and seals? BTW, heres a pic of mine last night, no fuel additives, not quite at the 1/2 way mark yet, will be around the 500 mark when it does.

Shane.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Image097.jpg (47.9 KB, 120 views)

MY16 NX GLX5, Dobinson's HD springs + MRR shocks + Firestone airbags, 17" Toyo Opats, XXX bar, Dominator winch + IB500 relay, Full Bushskinz kit, Rhino track mount, 7" led spots, 23" light bar, SPV block, Ultragauge, Donaldson secondary filter, LRA 81L aux, 105AGM in rear + Projecta IDC25, 2 tier rear shelf + slide, ARB on board compressor, 2.5 x 3.0 awning

NX build

My Journeys