Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-2 Pajero

Generation 4-2 Pajero NT model 2009 - 2011

Old 02-11-18

Default Transmission fluid ATF-PA

Hi all

I believe I have found an aftermarket oil to suit the AISIN transmission requiring DIAQUEEN ATF-PA

Itís nylons multi vehicle automatic transmission fluid LOW VISCOSITY (link below)

Nulons have always had a multi vehicle ATF that they claimed was suitable but when looked at the manufacturer recommended specs itís was for ATF-SPiii

Found it for 217$ half the price of the genuine stuff

https://www.nulon.com.au/products/au...-low-viscosity

Would like to know your thoughts and if anyone has used this

ARB deluxe bullbar| runva xp11 premium winch|2inch bilstein with kings spring HHD front and constant 300kg rears|safari snorkel|265/65/18 bf Goodrich AT| 270ah battery in 3rd seat compartment run by ctek Ds250 and smart pass 120 |projecta bm320| provent catch can|scan gauge II|Boos bash plate - intercooler,sump, transfer, rear bar plate|Custom made rear drawer system| MSA drop down fridge slide| cfx50 fridge
Old 02-11-18
Valued Member

If you want to be sure write to Nulon and ask if they will guarantee the "Full Synthetic Multi Vehicle Automatic Transmission Fluid" in the Mitsubishi NT auto for warranty purposes.

If they say anything other than YES then it is not an exact replacement eg if they say suitable after the warranty period I would be skeptical.
2010 NT DiD Platinum, MM tow bar, Red Arc electric brake controller, ARB Delux bullbar, Ultimate HD suspension and shocks, Engineers cert for GVM upgrade, Airtech snorkle, Cooper ST Maxx, 2nd Battery+ extra sockets, catch can, intercooler/ sump/ transmission guard, scan guage II, Hid driving lights, Ironman awning, daytime driving lights + other little bits
Old 03-11-18

There is also a penrite fully synthetic at fluid that others have been using.
Old 03-11-18

The Penrite FS is suitable for SPII replacement which is used in the NS trans. I think the gen 4 trans requires a different spec. Might pay to flick them an email all the same and see what they come back with. From my experience the Penrite people are very helpful.
Old 03-11-18

the penrite one is

https://www.penriteoil.com.au/produc...-lv-full-syn#/

says its compatible with the mitsubishi / dia queen PA spec.
Old 04-11-18
Valued Member

Just to clarify benckj the NS is a gen 4 too but they changed the auto box in the NT onwards.

Previously
88 NF SWB 2.6 manual
92 NH LWB 3.0 auto
92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
95 NJ SWB 3.0 auto
99 Cruiser 4.5 manual with all the fruit
Old 05-11-18

Penrite multi vehicle low viscosity is going for $202 from SCA with free delivery. Same stuff as the Nulon. Not sure about standing by it in the warranty period though worth the question.
Old 05-11-18

Default Penrith ATF

I’ve used Penrite ATF for years with no issues at all, firstly in my NP Paj (ATF MHP from memory) and latterly in the NT Paj used ATF LV FS.

Ive never had a problem with the auto using penrite fluids. Also I’m a great believer in the old taxi procedure of partial txmsn oil changes in line with engine oil changes. Every second oil change drain about 4 litres out of the txmsn and replace with same amount of fresh oil, doesn’t cost much and I believe keeps the tranny happy. Bloody autocorrect!

2018 QE Pajero Sport GLS, Factory Accessories: Alloy Bull Bar, Tow Bar, Underbody Protection, Aftermarket: Uniden CB, Redarc Electric Brake Controller, Bushman Cooler, Rhino Roof Bars; Full Tint, OCAM Extendable Tow Mirrors, Fridge Slide, Kickass Battery Box with Projecta DC DC charger, King KCRS-23 with the Peddars 5899 bump stops, home built tinny loader -More to come
Tows a 2015 Billabong Grove 186
Old 21-03-19

Just to revive this thread - I found this on the Repco website which states it is suitable for MM SP2/3 & MM PA; it is a semi-synth multivehicle ATF: https://www.repco.com.au/en/brands/p...-4l/p/A9307306

Not a bad price at $40.59 for 4L or about $140 for 20L.

I'm still looking for other options but this does seem a suitable fluid, no?
Old 21-03-19

When i flushed my tranny i used castrol mecron LV.
If you are sydney based i know a place to get it at 55ish per 4L