Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Fuel and fuel systems

Fuel and fuel systems Petrol vs Diesel, LPG Conversions, premium fuels, and all that gas

Old 28-01-18

I tried a Ryco filter in my NW, but it caused a vibration in the airbox so I went back to OEM. A few other people around the forum here have experienced the same thing.
Old 28-01-18
Valued Member

Yeah I've found the rubber seal around the filter on ryco ones is slightly thinner and therefore when you clamp the top of the air box back on, it's not clamped down tight on the rubber. This causes vibration in the air box and would probably be letting unwanted particles through too. I'll be using Mitsi ones from now on.

2012 NW GLS Diesel Auto with:
ARB delux bar, full length Ocam ally roof rack with rear LED work light, dual batteries, DIY rear ally drawers with fridge slide, 2" lift oztec/kings, Polyairs, Kings awning 2.5 x 2.5m with LED strip light, pair of genr8 40w LED spot/flood driving lights, iron man 4x4 22" LED light bar, mounted thumper compressor, 70L water tank & 12v pump, 120w solar, LED interior lights, Boo Boo's bash plates, Safari snorkel and Grande mk lll 12000lb winch.
Old 29-01-18
Valued Member

Donít use a Ryco air filter! They donít fit properly and cause dust to get past. When you look at the ryco vs genuine the genuine one has a thicker rubber seal.
You may get the ryco one to fit if you run some foam edging like someone else mentioned.
Old 29-01-18

I bought a cheapy air filter from RockAuto and it was exactly same size as OEM. Seems to work great without any dirt by-passing filter.
Old 29-01-18
Valued Member

So how much are original filters from Mitsubishi ?...

Gemster....
97 NL 3.5 GLS AUTO (Formally owned by geopaj)__ARB bar, Snorkel ,2 Uniden Uhfs , Roof Console, 2"lift, Terrain Tamer Suspension, Dual bat, Redarc System, BFG KO2's All Terrains, 55L sub tank, Pioneer sound, Milford cargo barrier, Extractors, SS exhaust, 3 core radiator, Rear camp light, Free Wheel Hubs, Improved Rear Storage unit, Alarm, Led interior lamps, and a New Heart to come
..and No Airbags. We die like real Men
Old 29-01-18
Valued Member

Here is some light reading

Thread one

Thread two
Old 29-01-18
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemster View Post
So how much are original filters from Mitsubishi ?...

Gemster....
Call them ask for trade. .
2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) - OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch front #plate light bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T,Dash cam, 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap
Old 30-01-18

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhula View Post
Here is some light reading

Thread one

Thread two
Very interesting. Thanks for posting.

Benny
2011 NT Pajero Platinum, dual batteries, MM alloy bar, Stedi 8.5" LED driving lights, Bushskinz side steps & bash plates, Provent catch can, Auto-mate TC lockup, Derale fan forced transcooler, 2 micron secondary fuel filter, custom 3inch exhaust, JT intercooler, Bilstein + Lovells 2 inch lift, Airbag Man bags, DBA slotted rotors & Bendix 4WD pads, braided brake lines, diff+gearbox+transfer breathers, Redarc boost & EGT gauge, H-Reese Compact brake controller, Uniden UH7760NB and Scangauge II.
Old 30-01-18

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTBenny View Post
Very interesting. Thanks for posting.

Benny
It was a good read. Think I'll check mine more closely as its an aftermarket cheapy that reaplaced my OEM.

jim
Old 30-01-18

So when I bought my Paj mid last year it had just been serviced with a new air filter. Not sure on the brand but it says "Made in Indonesia" written on it. I bought a Ryco filter but had not installed it yet as the current filter still looked in pretty good nick. After reading the above today I decided to remove and measure the thickness of the seals on both filters. "Made in Indonesia" filter was 10mm and the new Ryco was 12mm. I inspected the box internals and could not see any signs of dust getting past the filter. I don't drive dusty roads very often though. I've since decided to ditch the Indonesian filter and install the Ryco which I will monitor over the coming months.

Benny.
2011 NT Pajero Platinum, dual batteries, MM alloy bar, Stedi 8.5" LED driving lights, Bushskinz side steps & bash plates, Provent catch can, Auto-mate TC lockup, Derale fan forced transcooler, 2 micron secondary fuel filter, custom 3inch exhaust, JT intercooler, Bilstein + Lovells 2 inch lift, Airbag Man bags, DBA slotted rotors & Bendix 4WD pads, braided brake lines, diff+gearbox+transfer breathers, Redarc boost & EGT gauge, H-Reese Compact brake controller, Uniden UH7760NB and Scangauge II.

Last edited by NTBenny; 30-01-18 at 05:40 PM.