Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-1 Pajero

Generation 4-1 Pajero NS Model 2006 - 2009

Old 09-06-09

Thumbs down Doing the Service Manager's job for him

Thought I'd share my recent experiences with the two MM dealers here in Canberra. I bought my 2yr old NS VRX a few weeks ago. Remote control was missing for the rear mounted DVD. Rang up the dealer who had previously worked on the car and asked for a replacement. Sorry, he said - can't find a part number. I can sell you a whole new unit for $900 bucks though.....

OK I'll try the other guys. Sorry they say - MM doesn't support those anymore.

First dealer says he agrees - MM doesn't support them (even though they are still selling them) but they can source a replacement through a car audio place. Great I say. Anything to keep the kids happy.

This was three weeks ago.

Dropped into dealer one today to order two new headsets - this will be the third time they've been replaced in two years. Asked about the remote - ah yes he says - the audio place is still working on a replacement...

I call MM customer service in Adelaide. Turns out they still support the DVD players, the remote has an easy to find part number and they have heaps in stock.

I call my useless service manager and he says he'll order it in with the headphones.

What really annoys me is that I had to do his job for him and I'll still have to pay more than cost on the remote - thereby rewarding them for doing absolutely nothing!

And all this after paying more than $1000 for a 45k service....
Old 09-06-09
Valued Member

Perhaps we could send MM Customer Service an email on behalf of the whole forum with regards to the lack of product knowledge amongst dealers and the lack of pricing consistency for parts and servicing.

Particularly with regard to the latter point.

Pickle??

Cheers, Sam.

Accessories fitted: BFG At 275/65/R17, Rhino Platform Rack, Toyota Cargo Barrier.
Old 09-06-09
Administrator

Well Sam I have been lucky enough to meet some of the staff in Customer Sevice. They are great people and Mitsubishi themselves are I believe very fair with warranties and looking after the customers. Obviously it is the dealers lack of knowledge that reflects back on the brand name. But you do have to remember the dealers are franchises.
As in regards to parts and service prices our club members find the same problem. Many a time has a club member asked why a certain service (say 30,000 klm) is different amongst dealers. Dealers set the pricing for services and of course it all reflects on how many staff and how well trained they are.
Servicing and parts you really need to shop amongst the dealers. As for them not knowing about a new remote....well they should have their butt kicked because they should know.
Dave
Old 09-06-09
Valued Member

Mate, if its anything like my experience with a major MM dealer in South Canberra , then all I can so is absolutley shocking, wouldnt touch them again ever.
Old 09-06-09
Valued Member

Agor, I agree, you should send Mitsu an email with the dealers name ect, it's can't hurt..

I've found an email to Mitsubishi customer service gets a quick reply or phone call.
They seem very willing to answer questions and have been very friendly.

Dealers on the other hand appear lazy to me.

I emailed the dealership where I bought my Pajero asking for a price on a towbar and a spare wheel.

almost a week - no answer - sad.

I don't think they will getting my service business..

www.twigwater.com - My fly fishing blog.

http://www.dsaphoto.com
Old 09-06-09

I think we all agree - head office are helpful - the service guys at dealerships are not all that crash hot.

The most frustrating part as I said is that it took me five minutes on the phone with a helpful call center operator to solve my issue. This really is something the 'Service Manager' should have been able to do in about three minutes....therefore providing me with 'service'. I mean really, is he a service manager or just a money taker?
Old 10-06-09

Yep same here. MM are great, my dealer was also hopeless.
Its a shame because the dealer is the one that you have the most contact with. The best thing is, my dealer hasn't said sorry once for any inconvience!
I am still waiting for a report of the work they done on my car before easter...

Josh
* Roof Rack, Dual Batteries, Water Bladder
* Kings 2", Diff Breather, Silent Armors
* Comming Next: A For Sale Sign!
* Pajero now sold!
Old 10-06-09

Yep, agree AGOR... I reckon one of the problems is the amount of staff turnover (here in Canberra at least)... seems every few services there is either new service managers or staff.

Until a few years ago there was one Service Manager in Phillip for quite a few years and he was great knowledge and service wise, but since then, Phillip and the City have had some turnover...
Old 11-06-09
Valued Member

Slightly off this particularly topic, but relevant.

Recently brought a brand new Mitsi from a dealership here in Adelaide. Whilst picking up the vehicle and the obligitory paperwork they tell me Mitsubishi head office will send me out a survey to complete regarding the dealerships service, professionalism etc. At the same time they give me a copy of a completed survey(?).

When I ask why they have given me a copy of a completed survey, they tell me that's the way the would like it to be completed, and the sales person even winks at me when telling me this! I open this completed survey in front of said sales person and note that this survey has rated this dealership "excellent' in every area. It even had additional comments written saying how "wonderful" the experience was.

Suffice to say I promptly told the sales person they had to be kidding, and kindly handed back the survey. Although my experience buying the vehicle through this dealership wasn't bad, I hought it very cheeky of them to try such a tactic and possibly influence the feedback going to head office! Good to see they value true customer feedback...
Old 11-06-09
Valued Member

There wasn't a 100 folded up in the completed survey was there.