Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Fuel and fuel systems

Fuel and fuel systems Petrol vs Diesel, LPG Conversions, premium fuels, and all that gas

Old 10-07-15
Valued Member

Cooma is a designated alpine area so should automatically get alpine mix, presume michelago is but presume it is nearby but it may be just outside the alpine zone and only get winter mix. That photo is definetly waxing, you can buy an additive to put in yourself from most auto stores or s happens around Bendigo every year the farmers wrap their tanks in electric blankets and turn them on ( yes I'm serious) a few hours before they need the tractor to to get the wax to go back in to the diesel.
Current vehicles: 1995 3.5l nj Pajero x 2, 1995 2.8td Mitsubishi Delica,2011 Jeep Patriot, 2 x 1971 ta 22 celicas, 74 ta 22 celica, ke 35 corollla with 18rg, 95 gtr 1000, 79 leyland terrier bus ( 350 chev),1978 ke 35 corolla, 1980 ra 40 celica 18rgeu,2011 agricat jd495
Currently wrecking nh gls lwb, nh gl pov pack, 2 x nj gls lwb nl lwb, NH glx manual, 92 L300 delica

Last edited by schnitzel; 10-07-15 at 06:36 PM.
Old 10-07-15

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnitzel View Post
Cooma is a designated alpine area so should automatically get alpine mix, presume michelago is but presume it is nearby but it may be just outside the alpine zone and only get winter mix. .
winter mix would be ok most of time , the dim wits at United don't even supply that.
Old 10-07-15
Valued Member

I have read in my Max Ellery manual (covers only up to the NS model, but it is at least the CRD engine) that there is a diesel pre-heater. The photos in that manual are virtually unreadable, so I cannot positively identify and pre-ueater cabling. I have looked around the filter area, but I can see no connectors which I would say are pre-heater plugs. Does anyone know if the NW at least has a pre-heater ?
Old 11-07-15
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by erad View Post
Thanks - I was wondering, now I am convinced. I had doubts about quality as well, although I have not noticed any significant differences in fuel consumption or performance between any of the brands I have used. I have installed a pre-filter, but you can get crap fuel anywhere, not just from United or other cheapies.

Incidentally, Canberra should be in a winter area as well. Does anyone know if they use winter diesel in Canberra?
Yes. Canberra gets the Alpine diesel throughout winter. The most cover my NW gets is a carport and I've never had a problem, in fact haven't even heard of a problem for years, except where summer fuel had been stored and then used in winter. I do tend to stick to the major brand sites, mainly Caltex, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bush dweller View Post
who ever told you that is fulla shit. we have 2 pumps trailer mounted under cover in mid vic when it drops to -3 there not pumpin
Exactly!