Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > GPS Tech / Navigation

GPS Tech / Navigation Discussion on GPS units. Maps and laptops

Old 08-04-16

Quote:
Originally Posted by sybernetics View Post
Cool thanks! Have you ever tried connecting any non apple devices to it? like samsung galaxy phone or something?
I have a Samsung Galaxy Ace which is a low end Android, but turning on the BT function on it causes it to go into the 'sleep of death', a highly frustrating defect. So, haven't tried with that. I have a HT tab, maybe i shall try off that over the weekend, and let you know.
Old 09-04-16

Well, having no luck getting the MMCS unit in my NT Exceed going at 3 Mitsi dealers, and being told by the last one that a new unit would cost about $6500 and I'd be better off going after market, I decided to ring around some of the radio installers. The auto electrician told me to try Polaris, as apparently they supply a lot of the car manufacturers, but talking to numerous people, they all said they were rubbish. That may explain why there are so many problems with these units in a lot of vehicles. I ended up going to a place not far from home, so trying to fill in 4 hours while they install it, wasn't so much of a problem. They fitted a universal unit, a Mongoose Q260, which seems to do what I need. It has the ipod cable which they stowed in the glove box, although I haven't tried that yet. I'm not really in to high end audio stuff, but I can vouch for the fact that this system sounds a lot better than the original unit. Wasn't happy about spending the $1300, but it was sure as hell better than $6500. Just posted for members info.
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by sybernetics View Post
Cool thanks! Have you ever tried connecting any non apple devices to it? like samsung galaxy phone or something?
2009 (Kenwood) MMCS with Rockford (Premium) sound

Galaxy Note8

iPhone 8 and 6+

The Bovee Viseeo WMV 1000 works perfectly.

Bought here: https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Bovee-Vi...72.m2749.l2649

Take/Make calls via the OEM BT Hands Free

BT audio via the Bovee 1000 at 100% source audio quality with no radio interference issues or audio signal distortion (unlike FM modulators) and no messy intermittent aux power socket issues.

Connect Android and Apple devices easily to the Bovee via BT with auto reconnect with the last paired device or manual reconnect for previously paired "remembered" device.

The only functional differences between Apple and Android devices is no song title display and I can't select individual playlist items using the Android except via next track/previous track

Play/Pause/next track up/previous track/vol up/vol down all 100%

Last edited by tedshred; 4 Weeks Ago at 09:22 PM.