Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Bolted on bits, factory and aftermarket accessories

Bolted on bits, factory and aftermarket accessories Discussion of after-market extras: winches, bull bars, tow bars (and Towing), roof racks, snorkels, and other cool stuff

Old 30-03-16

Default Drawers for an NS

Hello learned people,

I'm chasing drawers for my LWB NS. Had a quote from Get Off Road here in Wodonga but they've unfortunately been unable to supply them and have instead quoted me ARB drawers for an extra $230... so I'm on the hunt.

Any suggestions? I want drawers, fridge slide and cargo barrier. Get Off Road have a good and fairly well priced cargo barrier but as I'm experiencing sadness with their customer service I'm happy to look elsewhere.

Thanks!

~ryv~

Check out the blog: http://dejero.wordpress.com
Old 30-03-16
Valued Member

Have you looked at the ORS drawers? They have a aluminium range which are about a 1/3 lighter but still rated to the same capacity. They also do slides and cargo barriers...

Ironman also have a brand new range which apparently has improved on their previous models.
Jonny Tig FMIC, 3" Exhaust, RalliArt remap, Provent, FuelManager, CouplerTec rust protection, ARB bar, Runva winch, TJM Snorkel, Bilstein/Lovell/Airbags, full Bushskins kit, Asfir AC+fuel, Stedi driving/fog light combo + LED headlights, dual battery, Uniden UHF, RedArc TowPro Elite, BRC breathers, Honda sprayers, Automate lockup/paddles, Rhino platform/backbone
Old 30-03-16

Yeah I'm looking into the Ironman stuff a bit more (which Get Off Road sell). I'll look at the ORS drawers too. Thanks!

Old 30-03-16
Valued Member

Have you looked into the 4x4 Supastore. I thought they looked ok but I am not in the market so to be honest, I havent looked into them very much, just browsing realy. Also I saw some at Bunnings the other day. Once again, I was only walking past but they looked ok

Steve
2009 NT VRX, Rear Battery Pack, 18" Bridgestone D-697, SPVi EGR mod, BushSkinz Intercooler & Sump Plates. BOO's Transmission & Transfer Case Plates. GME 3550, HID HB's and 22"LED Bar, Pioneer Avic F80DAB Audio/Coms/Nav system MM4x4 TC Lockup Mate. & 1/2 tank of Diesel

Pretty Stock but very Capable

Wish List: ARB Deluxe Bar & Winch, Snorkel, Diff Breathers, & 1/2 tank of Diesel
Old 30-03-16

Hi Steve - had a bit of a look, but they're all quite long. There's only 800mm back there and I couldn't see on 4WD Supastore ones that short. Thanks for the weigh in

Old 30-03-16
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryv View Post
Yeah I'm looking into the Ironman stuff a bit more (which Get Off Road sell). I'll look at the ORS drawers too. Thanks!
Yeah I liked that as with the aluminium, they are so much lighter than a full MDF set, which when kids and all the associated 'stuff' that comes with them is taken into account, every weight saving counts towards a legal GVM!
Jonny Tig FMIC, 3" Exhaust, RalliArt remap, Provent, FuelManager, CouplerTec rust protection, ARB bar, Runva winch, TJM Snorkel, Bilstein/Lovell/Airbags, full Bushskins kit, Asfir AC+fuel, Stedi driving/fog light combo + LED headlights, dual battery, Uniden UHF, RedArc TowPro Elite, BRC breathers, Honda sprayers, Automate lockup/paddles, Rhino platform/backbone
Old 30-03-16

I'm still slowly going through the evaluation/research phase myself for rear storage options for my NW.

Been looking at the ORS 2 drawer unit and their platform as well. Also looking at the Drifta units. Really like the space saving and weight reduction
of the Drifta units that use teflon slides.

Still mulling over the many options and trying to be careful to avoid any caveats. I feel that using the spare seat well for water tank is good place to
start from as its probably the best use of that space. Seen some great installs on here with included pumps/taps etc.

Then for me its either side by side drawers with a drop fridge slide on top, or 2 medium drawers next to an ORS or IRS fridge slide. I'm leaning heavily
towards the flat top option as its more versatile when not touring ie most of the time for me.

http://www.offroadsystems.com.au/pri...ero_nm_nx.html
http://www.drifta.com.au/mitsubishi-...rawer-package/
http://www.indrub.com.au/hardware/dr...dge-slide.html

Any opinions, especially firsthand observations very welcome

Cheers,
Jim.
Old 31-03-16
Valued Member

I built my own drawers, but if I ever change them, it will be for the ORS aluminum drawers with two drawers stacked on top of each other with the fridge on a standard slide next to it.
My current MSA Drop slide weighs 30 kg alone, add another 6 or 7 for my fridge cage and 69 kg for my drawer system and its well over 100kgs with nothing in the drawers.
Most of the commercial steel drawer systems will be in excess of 75kg and every kilo counts when you start piling on the mods. The ORS aluminum drawers are expensive, but they are a quality unit.

Current vehicle: 2016 Y61 GU Patrol Legend series Auto, (Last of the Breed)
3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | ECU Remap |
Old 31-03-16

Thanks for the info people. I appreciate that. The great search continues.... Get OffRoad have chased around for me and the ARB drawers are 850mm - which seems a bit long for the back of the old girl. They had a bit more of a think and rang me back again (kudos to them for trying to improve customer service) and have 700mm drawers made by the guys who used to do the Black Widow draw system. They have a slam shut thing, no carpet inside but are all heavy duty and full on. Also quite a bit cheaper so I'll nip over and have a look. Thanks again gang!

~ryv~

Old 31-03-16

I have seen a draw system that was, 2 draws flat side by side, but one draw could be used as a fridge slide.
The top folded up to become a divider when the fridge was in, or top laying flat when used as a draw.
Can't find pic at the moment but thought it was a great idea.
MY14 VRX 3.2D Auto|OL Premium post bar | Runva 11XP | Bushskinz Int/Sump | Rhino platform 42102B | 2.5x2.1 Oztrail | HD Parkside Hitch | Grande 17x8 | 697 A/T 265/65R17LT | Flexitank 140L | Primus 92L DZone | Rhino Luggage bag | Maxtrax | 10.1" tablet | Redarc SBI12, BCDC1240LV, TowPro | Century N70T | Fullriver DC105-12 | 120w Light bar | 7"HID 100w | CAT3 ERP | ARB CKMA12 | Alpine MRVT1000, MRVF540 | MBQuart DSC216 x 2 | Alpine SWR-1221 x2 | Enough cable, switches to run a city