Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Challenger > PB -PC Challenger 2009 - 2014

PB -PC Challenger 2009 - 2014 Covering 2.5 HP diesel

Old 29-10-15

Default Irregular idle when cold

My car has developed a weird idle thing Three days. When I start the car in the morning the idle fluctuates up and down about 200rpm for about 30 seconds straight after startup. I know this isn't really a big deal but the car only has 2000kms on the clock and I wouldn't expect this from a new car. Has anyone else experienced this. I have contacted Mitsubishi and they want to keep it over night but I would like to leave this as a last resort as it is hard for me to organise due to work.
Old 29-10-15
Valued Member

I have had it on occasion and I've put it down to a poor tank of fuel or the self injector relearn which tends to happen in the morning. The injector relearn whilst driving feels like mild surging and slight changes in engine noise/rattle which lasts around 1min or so.
Old 29-10-15
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by micha3l1985 View Post
My car has developed a weird idle thing Three days. When I start the car in the morning the idle fluctuates up and down about 200rpm for about 30 seconds straight after startup. I know this isn't really a big deal but the car only has 2000kms on the clock and I wouldn't expect this from a new car. Has anyone else experienced this. I have contacted Mitsubishi and they want to keep it over night but I would like to leave this as a last resort as it is hard for me to organise due to work.
sure it's not the airconditioning cutting in and out (as 200rpm is about what our car fluctuates with A/C).
try starting it with the airconditioning turned off

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) - OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch front #plate light bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T,Dash cam, 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap