Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 2 Pajero

Generation 2 Pajero NH - NL Models 1991 - 2000

Old 20-05-14
Valued Member

Default ciggy lighter sockets

Hi, just went to plug the fridge into the rear socket and found that I had no power to the socket. It worked last time I used it, about 3 mths ago. Also no power from the ciggy lighter socket in the centre console.
The only power socket I had to use was the one in the dash.
Is there any fuses that I could have blown. I don't think that these would be on a separate fuse but everything else seems to work, clock etc.
Bob

Forget the health food, I need all the preservatives I can get. Alcohol is a preservative isnt it?
Old 20-05-14

The 2 accessory sockets are on the same circuit and have a common fuse. this is a different fuse to the cigarette lighter. Also each socket has a fusable link on the back that can blow. If that blows you need a new socket. Since both don't work I would be more inclined to say its the fuse under the dash.
Old 20-05-14
Valued Member

When I blow the fuse on the ciggy socket my electric mirrors also stop working. The fuse is in the under dash fuse box
Old 20-05-14

Hi guys.... my NL pajero had a similar issue with the one in the rear, any idea where to get a spare socket from in the event the fuseable link behind the actual socket is the drama?

Also, the diagram once on my fuse boxes dash and bonnet seem to have worn away over the years and are illegible.... any idea where to get a copy of the diagram which was on the plastic covers of each box, which highlights which fuse pertains to which power application?

Cheers
1998 NL Pajero 6G74, ARB Bullbar, Full Length Roof Rack, GME TX4440 UHF, Mickey Thompson Baja MTZs, 2 lift kit, XGS shocks n Coils, Airman Airbags, Top Dog RTC steering damper, Airtec Snorkel, TJM IBS Dual Battery System, Black Widow Rear Draw set, Cargo Barrier, Extractors, 2.5 Scotts Rods mandrel bent exhaust, Transgo HD Trans Valve Body, UNICHIP, Australian Off Road Camper ZR Oddessy.
Old 21-05-14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikesherwood View Post
socket is the drama?

Also, the diagram once on my fuse boxes dash and bonnet seem to have worn away over the years and are illegible.... any idea where to get a copy of the diagram which was on the plastic covers of each box, which highlights which fuse pertains to which power application?

Cheers
Google
Old 21-05-14
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikesherwood View Post
Hi guys.... my NL pajero had a similar issue with the one in the rear, any idea where to get a spare socket from in the event the fuseable link behind the actual socket is the drama?

Cheers
The fuse box diagrams:

Recently picked up another NL that's knocked about. Might be a new project.

Last edited by dbomba; 21-07-16 at 10:40 AM.
Old 21-05-14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Day VG View Post
Unhelpful.... but different strokes for different folks I guess
1998 NL Pajero 6G74, ARB Bullbar, Full Length Roof Rack, GME TX4440 UHF, Mickey Thompson Baja MTZs, 2 lift kit, XGS shocks n Coils, Airman Airbags, Top Dog RTC steering damper, Airtec Snorkel, TJM IBS Dual Battery System, Black Widow Rear Draw set, Cargo Barrier, Extractors, 2.5 Scotts Rods mandrel bent exhaust, Transgo HD Trans Valve Body, UNICHIP, Australian Off Road Camper ZR Oddessy.
Old 21-05-14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbomba View Post
The fuse box diagrams:
Thanks a lot dboomba, greatly appreciate the 'leg up'
Old 21-05-14
Valued Member

No problems.
Thanks

Recently picked up another NL that's knocked about. Might be a new project.
Old 21-05-14
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scruffy View Post
Hi, just went to plug the fridge into the rear socket and found that I had no power to the socket. It worked last time I used it, about 3 mths ago. Also no power from the ciggy lighter socket in the centre console.
The only power socket I had to use was the one in the dash.
Is there any fuses that I could have blown. I don't think that these would be on a separate fuse but everything else seems to work, clock etc.
Bob
I have had the same xperience. But I could see some melted plastic around socket. Pulled the plastic cover from the left rear inside to find socket had melted wire on it under the cover. The wiring is not up to coping with a fridge. I disassembled the socket and cleaned it up good. Reconnected it and it works again. Had to find an alternative surround which acts like a collar on the top side of plastic cover. Didn't cost a cent.
99 NL Escape 3.5L V6 LWB Wagon, "Aisin Auto", MM Alum Protector Bar, MM factory 'steel' underbody protector plates, Engine oil cooler, Transmission oil cooler, Side rails, Flares, MM Alloy wheels, HANKOOK Dynapro ATM LT tyres, Aftermarket Alarm, MM A.I.S. HPR15 Penrite engine oil. Penrite LS140 diff oil with 250ml LIMSLIP additive 7098.