X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toasta
    • Oct 2014
    • Northern Beaches, Sydney

I'm about to get into this - they have to replace my airbag under warranty as well as do the service. What should I be asking for in relation to the service and tappets? I thought they had to have the head off for a clean in this service anyway?

Comment

• spot01
      Valued Member
      • Apr 2011
      • Adelaide

Originally posted by toasta View Post
      I'm about to get into this - they have to replace my airbag under warranty as well as do the service. What should I be asking for in relation to the service and tappets? I thought they had to have the head off for a clean in this service anyway?
      Some NWs have tappets at 60k & some at 75k - what does your service book say?

There is no "clean" in the services & certainly no head removal, only fuel lines & rocker cover if tappets are manually adjusted.

Main thing to ask is for a quote & what is included, then ring a few dealers for quotes - they can vary considerably & I always negotiate price.
      Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• Dicko1
        Valued Member
        • Dec 2014
        • Cairns, FNQ

Had my NW tappets manually at around 40,000. One was slightly loose. Very slightly but it got adjusted anyways. Will next get done at 150,000.
        Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• Pajaru
          Valued Member
          • Dec 2013
          • Perth

We paid about $860 for ours, but I think that price should not be your only consideration. More important is that the price you pays reflects the work done. So maybe on $1000 75000km service more is done then a $860 75000km service.
          If you have has previous services done at the same dealer/workshop and have faith in the work then this to me is more important then getting a service done cheaper.
          Building Now: MY20 GLX Pajero.

Retired: MY14 GLX-R Pajero
          To go where very few have gone before https://www.pajeroforum.com.au/core/...ilies/wink.png

Our Travels & Our YouTube Channel

Comment

• Gwyno
            • Nov 2015
            • Port Macquarie

I just had my 75 K Service done at the local dealer. I mainly wanted the tappets done so asked them to exclude a number of items which I had taken care of like oil change with filter,cabin filter etc. They reduced price from $960 to $460 and still signed the service book off. I had my original valve adjustment at 30 K but was keen to find out how the engine was going at 75K. I asked them to do a simple report for me as per the attached drawing completed by the MM service technician. Let me add that of the 75K the car has done about 40K has been towing a 2.3 ton caravan all over eastern Australia.
            Attached Files
            2014 NW GLXR.Cool Silver, ARB bullbar, Catch Can, Donaldson Secondary Fuel Filter, Clear View Mirrors,Scangauge II, Set up for towing.

Comment

• 2007_pajero
              • Oct 2012
              • Adelaide

Yeah thats what Adelaide dealer quoted me for my upcoming 75K service. All up for $950. Am still looking around if I can get it done from local mechanic. Any suggestion on good mitsubishi mechanic for service up Northeast of Adelaide.
              2007 NS--- Sold
              2014 NW--Current

Comment

• flyboy
                Valued Member
                • Mar 2017
                • SA

Any suggestion on good mitsubishi mechanic for service up Northeast of Adelaide.
                I can suggest where NOT to go in Adelaide.

Agostino and Portside tend to quote a bit cheaper than the muppets near the showgrounds, so if you want to stay with dealerships give them both a call and compare. Agostino will provide trade discount if you’re a member of the SA Mits 4wd Club.

Comment

• _jp_
                  Valued Member
                  • Dec 2013
                  • Adelaide Hills, SA

Originally posted by flyboy View Post
                  I can suggest where NOT to go in Adelaide.

Agostino and Portside tend to quote a bit cheaper than the muppets near the showgrounds, so if you want to stay with dealerships give them both a call and compare. Agostino will provide trade discount if you’re a member of the SA Mits 4wd Club.
                  2 out of my 5 scheduled services at one of these aforementioned dealers has been sub par. Both of these issues would have gone unnoticed to most, but after checking my car when I got home they were discovered. First was that the coolant was not changed, despite being charged for it. Second was that the rocker cover breather was not connected. Who knows what damage this may have caused after the next 15000KMs.
                  Given I'm only 1 person and I've had such a bad strike rate, it makes me question how many other people get their cars serviced by this dealer and are oblivious to their regular oversights.
                  I'm happy to pay a slight premium for dealership servicing, but only if the work is performed to a competent level.
                  NW GLXR - SOLD
                  --------------
                  EVO 6 TME

Comment

• littleriver
                    Valued Member
                    • Jan 2013
                    • Queensland

there needs to be a quality control officer's that checks every vehicle before it's ready to be picked up ... our dealer has this, maybe the rest should follow suit ...

to be charged for something that has not been done is near criminal ... (should be compensated at least) ...

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X