• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MatthewP
    Valued Member
    • Jul 2014
    • North of Brisbane

Hyundai Terracan topic

I'm posting this because I'm on holidays and have too much spare time to read the forum but I was wondering,

Since the Hyundai Terracan is basically just a rebadge of a pajero, I thought there would be a section on the forum with a bit of info on them.

I dont have a Terracan so this doesn't effect me at all, but I thought there would at least be a couple of threads indicating what is the same and what few things are different.

Anyway, Happy Holidays and all the best to everyone out there in forum land.

Matt
    05 NP Pajero Platinum 3.2DID Auto
  • Corny
    • Aug 2010
    • Kambalda WA

a hoondy terracan is not even close to a pajero
    2012 NW DID Auto GLS 40mm lift, ARB compressor, ARB Delux Bar, Lightforce XGT spotties, Rhino roof rack, ARB awning, dual Batteries Awesome Car Love it

Comment

• GHendo
      Valued Member
      • Mar 2012
      • Northern NSW

I think he's just taking the piss

Geoff
      03 NP Manual Di-D Exceed, 2" lift, Dobinsons Springs, Lovells Shocks, ORU Winch, ARB Bullbar, Scott's Rods 3" Exhaust, ARB Compressor, Rear Air Locker, Cooper S/T Maxx, Hella Rallye 4000 S/Lights, Pioneer AVH-X5850BT DVD/Tuner w/- Reversing Camera, Sensa Tyre monitor, Uniden UH8080NB UHF, Rhino Platform Roof Rack, Hema HN-7 GPS, Engine Watchdog, CouplerTec, CTEK D250S DC-DC Charger, Snorkel, Towbar.

Comment

• Maximage
        • Mar 2013
        • Darch, Perth, WA

Not necessarily, never had one so don't quote me, but I believe that Hyundai acquired the designs (legitimately) of the Gen 2 and reworked the body etc to get the Terracan. The raw chassis and drive train are the same design, even down to the same flaws with butterfly valves etc.
        SOLD: 2013 DiD VRX, MM locker, Dueller 697s, ARB bull bar, Runva EWX9500-Q winch, full Bushskinz plates and sliders, Lovells/Bilsteins with PolyAirs, Airtec snorkel, Jonny Tig Front Mount Intercooler, Pacemaker 3" exhaust, RalliArt ECU, FuelManager diesel pre-filter, EGR block & catch can, BRC breathers, Hella 4000 HIDs, LED Light Bar, BCDC dual battery system, Tow Pro Elite brake controller, Couplertec, spare tyre lift, Whispbar roof racks.

Comment

• PBding
          • May 2010
          • Canberra

I had one, can I participate?
          NW GLX-R Pajero auto in Champagne; not anymore, it's gone to a new home. Now piloting a Y62 Patrol petrol v8 in pearl white.

Comment

• GHendo
            Valued Member
            • Mar 2012
            • Northern NSW

Originally posted by Maximage View Post
            Not necessarily, never had one so don't quote me, but I believe that Hyundai acquired the designs (legitimately) of the Gen 2 ...
            I heard Toyota 'acquired' the designs of the Gen 1 to base the Prado on ... not sure how 'legitimate' that was

Geoff
            03 NP Manual Di-D Exceed, 2" lift, Dobinsons Springs, Lovells Shocks, ORU Winch, ARB Bullbar, Scott's Rods 3" Exhaust, ARB Compressor, Rear Air Locker, Cooper S/T Maxx, Hella Rallye 4000 S/Lights, Pioneer AVH-X5850BT DVD/Tuner w/- Reversing Camera, Sensa Tyre monitor, Uniden UH8080NB UHF, Rhino Platform Roof Rack, Hema HN-7 GPS, Engine Watchdog, CouplerTec, CTEK D250S DC-DC Charger, Snorkel, Towbar.

Comment

• kerway
              • Aug 2010
              • North West Sydney

Originally posted by PBding View Post
              I had one, can I participate?
              what did you have PBding?
              My son bought about the last one available new in Australia. Petrol V6.
              Has been a reasonably good car for them but is getting a bit worn out now, 210000km and he still tows his 16ft poptop with it. As long as he takes it easy, it doesnt overheat too much
              I think the drivetrains similar, as said earlier, 3.5ltr V6 and 3 speed auto with overdrive.
              NW CoolSilver with things bolted on it. Some better than others

Comment

• Corny
                • Aug 2010
                • Kambalda WA

ok, maybe i'm wrong. i drove one with 300km on it (demo). what a heap of shit, brake shudder shook the whole car and the first corner i went around i thought the car was going to fall over the body roll was so bad. engine and auto were good but, was the v6 petrol. ended up getting an outlander instead
                2012 NW DID Auto GLS 40mm lift, ARB compressor, ARB Delux Bar, Lightforce XGT spotties, Rhino roof rack, ARB awning, dual Batteries Awesome Car Love it

Comment

• kerway
                  • Aug 2010
                  • North West Sydney

Yeah it has a bit of body roll but as I said, it was about the last one in Australia and for just over $30000 on run-out, he got a proper 4wd which they've had a lot of fun in.

Comment

• PBding
                    • May 2010
                    • Canberra

We bought ours/ mine, a second series auto Highlander in mid 2004, petrol only then, based on the earlier Paj SOC, or was it a double, 3500 v6. Torsion bar front end and coils on a live axle rear. Replaced suspension with TJM XGS for much improved handling and caravan control. Traded in 2010 on an XLS auto PB Challenger after about 150 k with a lot of van towing. It never stopped proceeding but did have a few warranty fixes, diff and transfer case items. Apparently the wrong diff oil was used at the factory for a month or so.

Enjoyed owning it and was sort of sorry to see it go.

I still have the original springs and shocks free to a good home.
                    NW GLX-R Pajero auto in Champagne; not anymore, it's gone to a new home. Now piloting a Y62 Patrol petrol v8 in pearl white.

Comment

• kerway
                      • Aug 2010
                      • North West Sydney

Originally posted by PBding View Post
                      I still have the original springs and shocks free to a good home.
                      Next time I'm in Canberra I may come and take you up on that offer. I'm sure they'd be put to good use.

kerway

Comment

• Georgie
                        Valued Member
                        • Sep 2013
                        • Secret Harbour WA

Hi Matthew
                        Look up the Terracan forum on Google you will get all the info you can swallow very good forum I had a Terry 2.8 CRDI but moved to a Pajero to get the bigger tow capacity
                        Cheers
                        Georgie
                        2015 Sahara
                        Black Mica in colour
                        BFG A/T 275x70x18s Black Widow drawers Redark dual battery system GME CB radio Redarc Tow Prow Elite

Wish List lots

SOLD 2013 GLX- R Pajero

Comment

• PBding
                          • May 2010
                          • Canberra

Originally posted by kerway View Post
                          Next time I'm in Canberra I may come and take you up on that offer. I'm sure they'd be put to good use.

kerway
                          No worries

Comment

• old Jack
                            Regular
                            • Jun 2011
                            • Adelaide, South Australia.

I took this photo in February 2014 in Italy, of a Hyundai Galloper, looks awfully like a Pajero to me!

cheers, old Jack.
                            2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
                            MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• Goodsy
                              Who ya gunna call....
                              • Dec 2010
                              • Hervey Bay

Except for the hidious bonnet scoop they use. I'd have to find a replacement.
                              .Previously an NP GLX 3.8 auto RIP
                              NS VRX DiD auto. RIP.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X