• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fb3800
    • Jul 2016
    • tatura

Were 6g74 heads painted from factory or is my engine a reco

When doing the timing belt a couple of weeks ago i couldn't help but notice my heads looked like they'd been painted with silver paint while attached to the block. Also under the rocker covers was as clean as ive seen an engine especially for a 300k one. Do i have a reco engine maybe? I have no service history for the car. Thanks adrian
  • erad
    Valued Member
    • Mar 2015
    • Cooma NSW

my fading memory tells me that the heads on my NL Pajero were plain aluminium.

Comment

• Josht
      • Nov 2014
      • Streaky bay

I have a nl and a year ago i did the water pump and timing belt and i was surprised how clean and new the motor looked for 320000klm so I asked my mechanic and he said it was the original motor!! I also have an ns exceed and id rather drive my nl anyday (nl gls with exceed pack) just because i hate independent rear suspension!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• KiwiNTPajero
        Valued Member
        • Aug 2014
        • Wellington,New Zealand

i think that all aluminium parts that are easily seen would be painted ex factory,painted silver
        2009 NT GLS(NZ) diesel LWB auto
        BFG AT,Rhino Rack Vortex Bars,Foxwing Eco Awning,BUSHSKINZ I/C, sump guards and steps

"do not check the button for faster communication, this will throw a wobbly with some dongles"

Comment

• fb3800
          • Jul 2016
          • tatura

Thanks for the replies. Internally at least from the top of the heads it looked like it was almost new. I guess its just a really clean running engine although the previous owner told me he changed the oil every 5000k

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X