• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • garyt
    • Aug 2007
    • Rowville

Misplaced Stereo Security Code

Is there a charge by Mitsubishi to retrieve a lost stereo system security code?
  • Pickle
    Administrator
    • Jun 2007
    • All over Oz

By rights they shouldn't do. They only have to look it up on the computer. Make sure you take your VIN no wth you.
    Dave
    NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
    Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• alex52506
      • Feb 2009
      • Dampier W.A

Stereo code.

Originally posted by Pickle View Post
      By rights they shouldn't do. They only have to look it up on the computer. Make sure you take your VIN no wth you.
      Dave
      I can agree with what Pickle has told you. I recently lost my code and had to contact a dealer in TAS (I am in W.A) where the car was originally sold.
      I provided the cars VIN and current rego no to them and they got back to me within the hour.
      Write it in your service or owners manual when you get it this time and you should be right for the future.
      alex52506
      06 DID Auto VRX Pajero. IPF Spots, Millford cargo barrier, Mitsu Bull bar, Reese hitch, 2" Lift with Lovells, Bilsteins and Polyairs, Gen MM snorkel, 7" Touchscreen GPS... More to come (if the boss allows)!
      Just installed:IPF900XS Spots HID converted.
      Still to come, Custom ali sump guard.
      Wish list, HEAPS!

Comment

• Smiderman
        • Mar 2013
        • Brisbane

What happens when you get the “off” appearing on the lcd display after your successfully entered the wrong numbers in more than 3 times... Mr Mitsubishi gave me pin without any fuss just needed rego and licence. But didn’t have any wisdom for the above issue, other than to discinnect the power for 30 minutes?

Comment

• Smiderman
          • Mar 2013
          • Brisbane

Don’t worry found this thread using googles search engine

I left the ignition on at accessories. The drivers door happened to be open, the stereo showed “off” left it on for an hour .

After 60 minutes the “off” disappears, I hit the on switch on the stereo. Happy days .. code appears ... follow the annual from there
          Last edited by Smiderman; 13-02-18, 10:29 AM.

Comment

• marksierra
            • Jul 2007
            • Melbourne

Thread drift:

At the risk of mozzing myself .. there was never any comment made about a security code for the radio/CD player when I bought my new NM Paj. Nor is there any mention of it in the Owner's Manual.

Even when the battery is disconnected for a day or two at a time, the radio turns on as normal on power-up, although I do have to put the stations back into memory.

Which leads me to wonder if I was sold the 'correct' radio/CD for that model, or whether the dealer or importer has pulled a swifty and put a lesser unit into the vehicle.
            Bog standard 2001 NM GLS Petrol manual. Factory-fitted bull bar.

Comment

• Shano592
              Valued Member
              • Dec 2012
              • Central Coast NSW

I definitely have a radio code card in my car folder. It is about the size of a credit card.
              Gun Metal 2006 NP VR-X Auto DiD | Cabin Air Filter Mod | Tinted Windows | EGR Blanked | Upper Timing Chain Guide - Replaced Twice | Still rolling like a tank.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X