• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MELONHEAD
    • Apr 2010
    • Curlewis NSW

NX steering wheel on NT?

I bought my NT RX with the leather missing from the 12 oclock position on the wheel and it looks ugly and annoys me. I have seen a couple of wheels for sale from wreckers on ebay but they are from NXs. Is there any physical difference between the steering wheels on the NT and the NX. The ones I am looking at look identical to mine, and have the phone control buttons on the bottom the same as mine. I cant see why they would be any different, but wanted the brains trust to confirm/deny please.
    2010 NT RX diesel manual, bushskinz intercooler + sump guards, factory alloy bulbar, GME TX3400 UHF, Donaldson secondary fuel filter, Bilstein/Kings/Polyair lift, Hankook Dynapro ATM 265/70/17.
    1998 NL GLS V6 auto LWB with ARB Deluxe Winch Bar, ALDI 9500lb winch, ARB onboard compressor, Hankook Dynapro AT/M 265/70/16s.
  • nj swb
    Resident
    • Jun 2007
    • Adelaide

Originally posted by MELONHEAD View Post
    I bought my NT RX with the leather missing from the 12 oclock position on the wheel and it looks ugly and annoys me. I have seen a couple of wheels for sale from wreckers on ebay but they are from NXs. Is there any physical difference between the steering wheels on the NT and the NX. The ones I am looking at look identical to mine, and have the phone control buttons on the bottom the same as mine. I cant see why they would be any different, but wanted the brains trust to confirm/deny please.
    I've had my steering wheel off too many times, have also seen NW off, have removed NX. I've never noticed a difference, wouldn't hesitate to buy NX.
    NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• MELONHEAD
      • Apr 2010
      • Curlewis NSW

Thanks for your help mate. Just bought the NX wheel.
      2010 NT RX diesel manual, bushskinz intercooler + sump guards, factory alloy bulbar, GME TX3400 UHF, Donaldson secondary fuel filter, Bilstein/Kings/Polyair lift, Hankook Dynapro ATM 265/70/17.
      1998 NL GLS V6 auto LWB with ARB Deluxe Winch Bar, ALDI 9500lb winch, ARB onboard compressor, Hankook Dynapro AT/M 265/70/16s.

Comment

• MELONHEAD
        • Apr 2010
        • Curlewis NSW

Fitted the NX wheel to my NT today and can confirm 100% that it is identical and fits perfectly. All switches work as they should too.

Comment

• selaga
          • Jan 2008
          • Sydney Western Suburbs

Can also confirm NX leather wheel on POVPACK GL (polyurethane) all PNP and additional switches on LHS work a treat and match the amber/red illumination of the head unit.
          NT SWB VRX DiD - rare beast in burgundy...

Comment

• outbackogre
            Valued Member
            • Jul 2010
            • Melbourne

Mate, does this mean that the stereo controls on the left side of the NX wheel will work on your GL(given that GL's don't have the switches)?
            My friends call me Rob; you can call me .... Rob.
            -------------------------------------------------------------
            MY12 NW GL DiD auto. 2" MD Lovells/Bilstein lift. Bushskinz underbody protection. Home made rear platform with sliding boxes above and lots of space underneath.

Comment

• selaga
              • Jan 2008
              • Sydney Western Suburbs

Yes. You got two options, swap entire wheel, or buy the LHS switchpack and plug it in. Harness is in your GL wheel already.

Just be aware there are two backlightings, white (early NT) and amber (later NT) in case you just go the switch part.

Comment

• outbackogre
                Valued Member
                • Jul 2010
                • Melbourne

Thanks. Can I ask what you paid for the wheel? Feel free to PM me if you prefer.
                MY12 NW GL DiD auto. 2" MD Lovells/Bilstein lift. Bushskinz underbody protection. Home made rear platform with sliding boxes above and lots of space underneath.

Comment

• MELONHEAD
                  • Apr 2010
                  • Curlewis NSW

I paid $160 from a wrecker on ebay.

Comment

• selaga
                    • Jan 2008
                    • Sydney Western Suburbs

Originally posted by outbackogre View Post
                    Thanks. Can I ask what you paid for the wheel? Feel free to PM me if you prefer.
                    $165 delivered, wrecker on eBay in a v.g.c. They wouldn't separate the air bag although I was happy with the price, so now have a spare airbag that came to me via AusPost

I think new switchpack ia about $130 landed ??? But I liked the feel of leather wheel as mine started to perish on the top (poly).

Cheers,

Sel

Comment

• outbackogre
                      Valued Member
                      • Jul 2010
                      • Melbourne

Thanks guys.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X