• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kiwi horan
    • Sep 2014
    • Melbourne

Originally posted by aussieintas View Post
    Hi all posted a couple of weeks ago about getting a new stereo and thought I'd do a quick write up on the one I got. Link below to the one I purchased off ebay.

First up seller was good with communication and only took 10 days to deliver from placing the order. Came packaged really good with everything needed.

just to confirm, is your head unit the Kunfine brand, I might look at the 10"
    cheers Grant
    Pajero NS 2008 Exceed MY07

Comment

• aussieintas
      Valued Member
      • Feb 2013
      • Sorell, Tasmania

Yeah bud it appears they go by Kunfine or Ekunfine. The 10" one lookes pike is got the same internals and operating stuff just size screen.
      2014 VW Touareg V6 diesel

Previously
      88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
      92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
      92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
      99 Landcruiser Gxl 4.5 manual with all the fruit
      95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
      08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

• aussieintas
        Valued Member
        • Feb 2013
        • Sorell, Tasmania

Bit of an update on head unit as there is a problem.

Last night the unit just stopped working. All of a sudden it just powered down and now nothing.....no screen, no illumination, nothing. Took it out of dash and checked power, checked fuses then wiring with meter and all good.....12v permanent and 12v on ignition. Checked wires etc and all good. Plugged original unit back in and all worked. Tried reset on new unit no good, left unplugged for few hojrs and still no good just completely dead.

So today had a good look to see if something not right and went back to basics, looking for the simple thing. Found that the Home button on front panel appears stuck in, doesn't click in and out like the other buttons. Tried to free it up but no good.

I am presuming this to be the issue as if home button stuck in the unit will not be able to power up. I've emailed the seller and awaiting a reply. Obviously being weekend I may have to wait until Monday for response.

Not real happy as unit only a month or so old but will see how seller deals with it before saying further.

Previously
        88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
        92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
        92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
        95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
        08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

• rodsfromday
          • Jul 2017
          • Kingaroy

That's not good. Hope it gets sorted.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

• Cammo15
            • Sep 2015
            • Wodonga

Originally posted by aussieintas View Post
            Bit of an update on head unit as there is a problem.

Last night the unit just stopped working. All of a sudden it just powered down and now nothing.....no screen, no illumination, nothing. Took it out of dash and checked power, checked fuses then wiring with meter and all good.....12v permanent and 12v on ignition. Checked wires etc and all good. Plugged original unit back in and all worked. Tried reset on new unit no good, left unplugged for few hojrs and still no good just completely dead.

So today had a good look to see if something not right and went back to basics, looking for the simple thing. Found that the Home button on front panel appears stuck in, doesn't click in and out like the other buttons. Tried to free it up but no good.

I am presuming this to be the issue as if home button stuck in the unit will not be able to power up. I've emailed the seller and awaiting a reply. Obviously being weekend I may have to wait until Monday for response.

Not real happy as unit only a month or so old but will see how seller deals with it before saying further.
            Any update on a response back from seller?

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk
            2011 NW - OL Deluxe Bar, Runva 11xp - Toyo OC AT - Rhino Trade Rack - 2" lift - Kick Ass dual batter for 65l Evakool Fridge - Bushskinz

Comment

• aussieintas
              Valued Member
              • Feb 2013
              • Sorell, Tasmania

So sorry I've only just seen your question Cammo.

Well still in discussion with the seller regarding getting it fixed. I've been very busy with work, selling house and have been away so most of the delay is on my part.

They are still saying it needs a reset then an upgrade......but I'm still of the opinion its the home button stuck in causing the issue. Will update once I know.

Previously
              88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
              92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
              92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
              95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
              08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

• Hatto
                Valued Member
                • Nov 2013
                • Mandurah WA

Still no news? Had my heart set on the same unit .
                Cheers, Hatto

2012 NW GLS Diesel Auto with:
                ARB delux bar, full length Ocam ally roof rack with rear LED work light, dual batteries, DIY rear ally drawers with fridge slide, 2" lift oztec/kings, Polyairs, Kings awning 2.5 x 2.5m with LED strip light, pair of genr8 40w LED spot/flood driving lights, iron man 4x4 22" LED light bar, mounted thumper compressor, 70L water tank & 12v pump, 120w solar, LED interior lights, Boo Boo's bash plates, Safari snorkel and Grande mk lll 12000lb winch.

Comment

• aussieintas
                  Valued Member
                  • Feb 2013
                  • Sorell, Tasmania

So sorry for the delay in replying. It's been a long long fight with the seller regarding getting it fixed. They have finally agreed to replace the unit with a new one. I am awaiting the new one to arrive. Part of the problem is language barrier then they were closed for a couple of long periods.

I'm a bit cheesed off and it would have been easier to deal with an Aussie based seller. Hopefully when the new oone arrives there will be no issues.

Previously
                  88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
                  92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
                  92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
                  95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
                  08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

• aussieintas
                    Valued Member
                    • Feb 2013
                    • Sorell, Tasmania

So bit of an update. This should probably go in Gripes section but I'll keep it brief as there a lot more to it than written below.

After numerous emails back and to from me to the seller they have been lying to me and delaying getting it sorted.

I sent the headunit back to them for fixing and after many many weeks didn't hear a thing. Finally got a response saying they will replace with new one. Again didn't hear for weeks. Got hold of them again and they ask me can I operate the unit and video what the problem is.......I say how can I you have the headhnit in China! They reply...have we???

So this goes on and I finally crack the shits and request refund. They say yes ok we give you refund.......after some time with no money showing in paypal account for this I ask them again....numerous times. They say we have paid it etc etc.

So to today.......paypal say it hasn't been paid and are sending them a friendly reminder email requesting payment. Ebay will step in if this doesn't help.

To say I'm cheesed is an understatement.......currently no refund and no headunit and $471.74 out of pocket.

Safe to say when I get my money back, if I do, I'll be purchasing a headunit from an Aussie seller.

And won't be endorsing the seller I purchased this unit from in China.

Previously
                    88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
                    92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
                    92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
                    95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
                    08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

• phazza79
                      • Oct 2010
                      • Geelong

Hi,

Sorry to hear your experience with this.

Just wondering if you ever received a refund from the seller?

I am tempted to give one of these a go, but am also very concerned about being able to receive a refund if something does go wrong.

Did you ever end up going with an Australian seller for these types of units? The only ones I have seen seem quite expensive and don't seem to have the same functionality.

Pete

P.S Sorry for the late reply. I see it has been quite a time since this post.

Comment

• cruisn06
                        Valued Member
                        • Jan 2011
                        • Perth WA

I have had 2 of these units blow up for the china ones.

First one stopped shutting off on my parents when they borrowed the wagon, and killed 1 battery.
                        Got a full refund.

Second one shut off but was drawing 0.5amps with car off and killed both batteries somehow.
                        no refund. doubt ill get one as I cant be bothered sending it back.

3rd try - bought a cheap kenwood deck, no draw works perfect, no touch screen but dual blue tooth inputs which is nice for me and the missus.
                        07 Mitsubishi Pajero Shorty - Currently rolling around... Parked in Armenia for the moment

Insta: https://www.instagram.com/wrongturnadventure/

Comment

• aussieintas
                          Valued Member
                          • Feb 2013
                          • Sorell, Tasmania

Yes i didn't update sorry. I finally got most of money back but not all......some bullshit fee of around $50 from memory. But I'd had enough and wanted it finished.

Up to you bud about purchasing one, but as previously stated I won't recommended them.

Decided to buy a cheaper unit which will do for me for now......link below. At the time I got it paid around $250. I'm pretty happy with it and doe the trick but doesn't have all the features of the first one I bought.

The Plug & Play wiring harness feature connects ACC, battery, ground, illuminator and speaker wires to your Mitsubishi Pajero ISO plug directly. - Designed for Mitsubishi Pajero (4th Generation) Year 2006-2015.

Previously
                          88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
                          92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
                          92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
                          95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
                          08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

• gas55
                            • Apr 2015
                            • Port Macquarie

Interesting to read these posts as I have also been thru' this problem with a HU for my NW Pajero.
                            I finally settled on the digOptions unit, as being an "old fella", I am always cautious about sending that amount of money to an overseas country, PARTICULARLY China, as I have actually been there, and enough said.
                            My unit came with every thing, was relatively easy to install, and only had to modify the original brackets slightly. Also got the reverse camera, as the original was only 6volt; (good on you Mitsubishi! ) This also works well.
                            Also got the dash cam, which is about useless to me, as all sound is turned off when it is activated on the screen, and I never really knew if it was actually recording otherwise.
                            Have since replaced that with a Uniden dash cam which is great and have hooked that up to a hardwire harness thru' a three way switch (for car parks).
                            The unit has been in just on a year now, and originally had trouble with the time setting, as I am on sensible time in Qld. and it just would not accept any thing other than day light saving time.
                            They finally did a software update after telling me there wasn't a problem(?)
                            Now, if I happen to be in reverse when the unit FINALLY comes on, there is no sound from the radio. Has to be turned off and back on again. Also occasionally the sound will turn up or down for no apparent reason.
                            This is also being looked at.
                            But my biggest gripe would be the time it takes for the boot-up, which is about 50 seconds, and this has to happen every time the car is turned off for more than 10 mins. and to my knowledge, no way to lengthen the time.
                            I keep saying to them that the RADIO should not have to wait for the computer to boot for it to come on. It should be instant and then if you want all the Wi-Fi, GPS, maps etc. then it boots up. The radio should be a separate entity as far as power goes. It's not rocket science, but lazy science.
                            Otherwise, every thing seems to work ok. but we still use Google maps on the phone as it's just easier and quicker.
                            My experience has been fairly good, they are approachable and answer emails.
                            But I do think these units have too many bells and whistles which you may or may not use, and the software some times struggles. It uses Android 4.1, from memory, which may have some thing to do with that problem.
                            I do think I would have been just as happy with a cheaper name brand such as Sony, Kenwood, Pioneer, with Android Auto etc.
                            Hope this helps!
                            Greg.
                            Greg

Comment

• phazza79
                              • Oct 2010
                              • Geelong

Thanks for your replies an info on this gents. Very helpful.

I think I will stick with a well known brand with screen (for reverse cam).

Originally posted by cruisn06 View Post
                              I have had 2 of these units blow up for the china ones.

First one stopped shutting off on my parents when they borrowed the wagon, and killed 1 battery.
                              Got a full refund.

Second one shut off but was drawing 0.5amps with car off and killed both batteries somehow.
                              no refund. doubt ill get one as I cant be bothered sending it back.

3rd try - bought a cheap kenwood deck, no draw works perfect, no touch screen but dual blue tooth inputs which is nice for me and the missus.
                              cruisn06 - When you mounted an after market 2 din unit. Did you use one of the Aerpro facia's?

Would I need the FP9100 or the FP9100B (with the extra brackets) when mounting a Kenwood 2 din unit?

Comment

• davwal
                                • Jan 2019
                                • Ringwood

Hey Phaszza,

I've had an Xtrons 706pl installed for the past month or so. Its a PX5 octo-core model which works really well for me.

Used https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Aerpro-C...d/291699170047 to get the steering wheel buttons working.

I picked up one of these: https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/For-Mits...l/141243566140

Used the brackets off the old system to mount the new one. If you want it to mount flush then you will need to drill the old brackets to get mounting points. I didn't bother and it sits about 10mm forward of the dash, so its not bad.

Hope that helps,
                                D.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X