• Gus
    Administrator
    • Mar 2008
    • Traralgon. Vic

Recall June 29th 2016. NW Pajero

Product description
    Various Mitsubishi models: ; NS, NT, NW & NX Pajero;

HERE

Note this thread is for NW Only & please keep to subject any threads opened will be closed.

Admin.
    VX 200 Series 4.5L Twin Turbo-Diesel V8 Landcruiser HERE
    NM Exceed 3.2 DID Auto Pajero. (SOLD) With a few Mods. HERE

How to get Forum Decals
  • Steve879
    • Jan 2014
    • Canberra

Interesting. I have noticed twice in my NW my high beams haven't come on after flicking the stalk. But the high beam dash light did. Maybe related. We shall see I guess.
    2012 Pajero Activ.. ARB Bar, LED Driving ights, TJM Coils and Shocks, TJM Snorkel. Dominator winch. BFG KM2 265/70/17 Stedi Led fog lights and DRL's. Icom UHF.

Comment

• neilo
      • Feb 2008

taking car in for recall tomorrow

I am taking my 2012 NW for recall work tomorrow. I will also ask about warrantee. My car I bought second hand its an ex Mitsubishi motors vehicle. It has only done 20000ks I bought it with 15000 on the clock having just been serviced by dealer. I have only had it 8 months. None of the log books have been filled in apart from the 15000 service done by the dealer when I bought it. The car is now 4 yrs old. The log books are blank with nothing written in them apart from the one service recorded by the dealer non Mitsubishi dealer where i bought it from. Without the log books filled in when it was a mitsubishis own vehicle i have no record of when servicing was done timewise. I will see what response i get from Mitsubishi dealer when i ask some questions.
      NW diesel auto

Comment

• neilo
        • Feb 2008

Took car in and had the recall job done only took an hour. Asked about service costs for next scheduled service which included tappet adjustment quoted $950. Might do some shopping around see if I can get a more reasonable quote. I used to work on engines and have done a lot of tappet adjustments myself. The tappet adjustment itself would take about half an hour to do its not hard. Most of the work and additional time is removing manifold ,rocker cover and injector pipes. Shopping around you can get oil filter,air filter and fuel filter non mitsi but still approved by mitsi for about $80. Plus oil $70. Plus seals and rocker cover gasket $100 . Could do the whole job myself for around $250. Question is do I trust dealers to do the job from past experience I don't. And as far as warranty goes most warrantees aren't worth having and have found in most cases the companies do their utmost to get out of them.
        NW diesel auto

Comment

• Lazarus
          Valued Member
          • Jan 2008
          • Melbourne, Western suburbs

Looks like you know all the answers to your own questions mate
          NW 2014 MY14 GLX-R, auto, BushSkinz bashplates, Pedders TrakRyder foam cell 2' lift, Falken AT3W LT, Rhino Pioneer 6 platform, flip key, Redarc BCDC40 and 135 amps lithium battery, Torque Pro OBD, EVC Throttle controller, ARB Compressor, LED lights (internal and outside), Uniden UHF, ARB Frontier 128L long range fuel tank.

Comment

• neilo
            • Feb 2008

The mitsi dealer said even though the car has only done 20000ks its due for 4yr or 60000k service. Which includes the tappet adjustment. According to a diesel mechanic the tappet adjustment is not necessary until the motor has actually done at least 50000ks. Typical
            NW diesel auto

Comment

• Dicko1
              Valued Member
              • Dec 2014
              • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by neilo View Post
              The mitsi dealer said even though the car has only done 20000ks its due for 4yr or 60000k service. Which includes the tappet adjustment. According to a diesel mechanic the tappet adjustment is not necessary until the motor has actually done at least 50000ks. Typical

That would be the last time I,d be stepping onto that dealers property. No wonder they get such a bad name.
              Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• deekay
                • Oct 2009
                • Perth WA

I just rang South Side Mitsubishi where I bought my pajero & asked why I had not received my recall notice in the post & was told that if you get it serviced by Mitsubishi it will be done when it is serviced. If you don't get it done by Mitsubishi you have to ring and book it in to get done, there will not be any recall notice being sent. If you don't know about it you miss out. Mine is booked in early October. The earliest they could do it.

Comment

• deekay
                  • Oct 2009
                  • Perth WA

I just rang South Side Mitsubishi where I bought my pajero & asked why I had not received my recall notice in the post & was told that if you get it serviced by Mitsubishi it will be done when it is serviced. If you don't get it done by Mitsubishi you have to ring and book it in to get done, there will not be any recall notice being sent. If you don't know about it you miss out. Mine is booked in early October. The earliest they could do it.

Comment

• Pajero12
                    • Dec 2015
                    • Adelaide

I was at Mitsubishi on Monday for something unrelated and asked them about the recall - the service manager promptly said that the indicator stalk just needed greasing and it would take less than 5 minutes. He then said that I should wait for a letter in the mail regarding it before coming back in.

I was a little disappointed as I was right there, he had my VIN on the computer and could have had it sorted with one click and a mechanic to grease it but sent me on my way.

Sometimes I do wonder about customer service from Mitsubishi
                    NW GL. DiD Auto with 265/75 St Maxx on 17" Alloys, Factory Steel bullbar
                    MODS: TJM Airtec Snorkel | Bilstein Shocks with King Springs | full bushskinz bash plates | LED Lightbar | Rhino Platform | GME XRS UHF platform mounted antenna w folding bracket | Kings Awning | Ultragauge | Dual Battery | Rear Storage System | Paddle Shift | M&M Lockup Mate

Comment

• Gus
                      Administrator
                      • Mar 2008
                      • Traralgon. Vic

Guys no more threads on recalls we have added them in each Gen specific, make your posts in those so we can keep all on subject.. AS stated earlier all other threads will be deleted..
                      In this case we have merged.

Admin.
                      VX 200 Series 4.5L Twin Turbo-Diesel V8 Landcruiser HERE
                      NM Exceed 3.2 DID Auto Pajero. (SOLD) With a few Mods. HERE

How to get Forum Decals

Comment

• 11T.Co
                        • Oct 2013
                        • Brisbane

Originally posted by Pajero12 View Post
                        I was at Mitsubishi on Monday for something unrelated and asked them about the recall - the service manager promptly said that the indicator stalk just needed greasing and it would take less than 5 minutes
                        I'd love to know how a bit of grease improves the rigidity of a component.

From recall notice: "The turn signal and lighting switch connector terminals may become worn during switch operation due to insufficient rigidity."

Comment

• vladguan
                          Valued Member
                          • Mar 2015
                          • Adelaide

Originally posted by 11T.Co View Post
                          I'd love to know how a bit of grease improves the rigidity of a component.

From recall notice: "The turn signal and lighting switch connector terminals may become worn during switch operation due to insufficient rigidity."
                          I have been told that the connectors are tight, but do have air gaps allowing moisture to get in so the contacts corrode over time and create contact issues. The dielectric grease is meant to prevent moisture from getting in.
                          Please call me Vlad.
                          -----------------------
                          MY15 NX GLS - SPV EGR; Donaldson filter; Front sensors; Compass; DEI506T and DEI507M; LED interior and exterior lights; Blue LED step lights; 3T tow bar; 20% front & clear tint over privacy windows; Chrome handle protectors; 3x Bushskinz guards; Nudge bar; Hella Sharptones; Dual alarm horns; STEDI lightbar; TC mod loom; Paddles; ProVent 200; Dobinsons springs and MRR shocks; Bonnet struts; OCAM awning; Rear work light; Air compressor. TBD - UHF.

Comment

• pajtastic
                            • May 2017
                            • Melbourne

I have a 2012 NW which has developed indicator stalk issues but unfortunately my car doesn't fall into the recall VIN ranges.

The problems include high and low beam headlights flashing on or off when indicating, indicators often failing to activate or cancel and constant flickering of instrument lights/MMCS display between day/night brightness. These faults sometimes make driving downright dangerous.

After some reading on the forum I removed the indicator assembly, cleaned the contacts with contact cleaner and applied some dielectric grease to them. It fixed the problem for about 2 days but it then returned again.

My Pajero is having an airbag recall done at Mitsubishi next week and I raised the indicator issue with them, but they're not interested because it's not listed as an outstanding recall for my vehicle.

I can't seem to find any brand new indicator stalks online (ebay, Amayama etc) and I'm hesitant to spend the $75-150 asking price on a second hand one which may already have, or may soon develop, the same problem.

My questions:

1. Has anyone else had these problems on a vehicle not listed on the recall?
                            2. Is it possible to get Mitsubishi to come to the party and replace the stalk?
                            3. Where can I source a brand new NW indicator stalk?

Thanks!
                            Last edited by pajtastic; 07-03-18, 04:58 PM.

Comment

• pajtastic
                              • May 2017
                              • Melbourne

Any thoughts on my post above?
                              Anyone else had the indicator stalk issue on a vehicle not listed on the recall?

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X