• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BrisVegas
    Valued Member
    • Mar 2009
    • Townsville, QLD

Finally got the steering rack fixed after last year's Cape York trip where it sprung a leak. Fairly big job apparently, but all new seals and a rebuild was still cheaper than putting a new rack in it. While it was there, I got them to check over the CV joints as I'd noticed the boots had split both sides. The CVs were actually in really good nic, just needed a clean out, regrease and new boots.

I think this year will be pretty quiet for Shrek, with the main purchase likely to be some new tyres after tax time. The aircon could also use regassing, as Townsville is bloody hot!
    'Shrek' 2002 NM GLS 2.8TD manual. ARB bar. HD King springs & Bilsteins. Bridgestone D674LT. Milford Cargo Barrier. Bushskinz intercooler & sump guards. Exedy solid flywheel. 25mm core radiator. 2.5" exhaust. Airtec snorkel. Engel MT45, Projecta 150A isolator, 120A AGM battery in 3rd row. ARB bar, Fyrlyts & 30" LED lightbar Pics + 2015 Isuzu MU-X with all the fruit.

Comment

• BrisVegas
      Valued Member
      • Mar 2009
      • Townsville, QLD

New boots today!

Bridgestone Dueler D674LT.
      Attached Files
      'Shrek' 2002 NM GLS 2.8TD manual. ARB bar. HD King springs & Bilsteins. Bridgestone D674LT. Milford Cargo Barrier. Bushskinz intercooler & sump guards. Exedy solid flywheel. 25mm core radiator. 2.5" exhaust. Airtec snorkel. Engel MT45, Projecta 150A isolator, 120A AGM battery in 3rd row. ARB bar, Fyrlyts & 30" LED lightbar Pics + 2015 Isuzu MU-X with all the fruit.

Comment

• BrisVegas
        Valued Member
        • Mar 2009
        • Townsville, QLD

A mechanic mate of mine regassed the aircon for me last week. Cleaned up the condenser, removed the clogged cabin filter as well. Aircon is working great again now!

I've put the lightbar back on top of the bulbar too. I know it's not legal there anymore, but I don't have the roofrack on the Pajero anymore, and it seemed a shame not to use the lightbar.

Otherwise, Shrek is hanging in there. Blows a bit of black smoke under acceleration, which is fair enough I suppose at 375,000km. I put a fresh set of Bosch glow plugs in the other day, so now he starts beautifully again.

Hopefully he keeps on going for a while longer yet, or at least until I get a job again next year.

Comment

• BrisVegas
          Valued Member
          • Mar 2009
          • Townsville, QLD

Originally posted by GHendo View Post
          Enjoy your new toy – that’s what it is, isn’t it – a toy ? Dunno if I'd want to do the Simpson in that.

Cheers

Geoff
          Geoff, the Mu-X did the Simpson crossing (French Line) heavily loaded without fuss. It has plenty of grunt and similar clearance to the Paj. It used 79 litres for 526km from Mt Dare to Birdsville. The sand wasn't too soft, but there was lots of mud and water around to make it interesting, especially around Mt Dare!
          Attached Files

Comment

• GHendo
            Valued Member
            • Mar 2012
            • Northern NSW

Hey mate, good to hear from you and I’m pleased the new machine performed well. I just feel sorry for poor old Shrek – it must be sitting at home feeling pretty miserable that it was left behind

My old girl turned over 300,000km. today – would have been just as I was leaving Brisbane this afternoon. Hopefully she has another 300,000 in her now that I’ve had the fuel pump reconditioned.

Cheers

Geoff
            03 NP Manual Di-D Exceed, 2" lift, Dobinsons Springs, Lovells Shocks, ORU Winch, ARB Bullbar, Scott's Rods 3" Exhaust, ARB Compressor, Rear Air Locker, Cooper S/T Maxx, Hella Rallye 4000 S/Lights, Pioneer AVH-X5850BT DVD/Tuner w/- Reversing Camera, Sensa Tyre monitor, Uniden UH8080NB UHF, Rhino Platform Roof Rack, Hema HN-7 GPS, Engine Watchdog, CouplerTec, CTEK D250S DC-DC Charger, Snorkel, Towbar.

Comment

• BrisVegas
              Valued Member
              • Mar 2009
              • Townsville, QLD

Hey mate, good to hear from you and I’m pleased the new machine performed well. I just feel sorry for poor old Shrek – it must be sitting at home feeling pretty miserable that it was left behind

My old girl turned over 300,000km. today – would have been just as I was leaving Brisbane this afternoon. Hopefully she has another 300,000 in her now that I’ve had the fuel pump reconditioned.

Cheers

Geoff
              Hey mate,
              Don't feel bad for shrek, he gets plenty of attention still. He's my car and gets driven daily. I'm actually heading south to Toowoomba on Friday for 5 weeks in Shrek. The muddies certainly haven't improved the road noise, but he still gets along pretty well.

Comment

• GHendo
                Valued Member
                • Mar 2012
                • Northern NSW

Originally posted by BrisVegas View Post
                Hey mate,
                Don't feel bad for shrek, he gets plenty of attention still. He's my car and gets driven daily. I'm actually heading south to Toowoomba on Friday for 5 weeks in Shrek. The muddies certainly haven't improved the road noise, but he still gets along pretty well.
                Good to hear - not the road noise - ha ha. I know what it is like from driving mine.

Cheers

Geoff
                03 NP Manual Di-D Exceed, 2" lift, Dobinsons Springs, Lovells Shocks, ORU Winch, ARB Bullbar, Scott's Rods 3" Exhaust, ARB Compressor, Rear Air Locker, Cooper S/T Maxx, Hella Rallye 4000 S/Lights, Pioneer AVH-X5850BT DVD/Tuner w/- Reversing Camera, Sensa Tyre monitor, Uniden UH8080NB UHF, Rhino Platform Roof Rack, Hema HN-7 GPS, Engine Watchdog, CouplerTec, CTEK D250S DC-DC Charger, Snorkel, Towbar.

Comment

• conquistador
                  Valued Member
                  • Feb 2012
                  • sth east queensland

Toowoomba, Thats a culture and a temperature shock all in one. Are we doing a prac?

Good to see Shrek is still kicking, Would it have made it through the simmo?

Comment

• BrisVegas
                    Valued Member
                    • Mar 2009
                    • Townsville, QLD

Originally posted by conquistador View Post
                    Toowoomba, Thats a culture and a temperature shock all in one. Are we doing a prac?

Good to see Shrek is still kicking, Would it have made it through the simmo?
                    yeah mate, teaching prac.

Shrek would have got across the Simmo. It would have taken more skill on my part to get over all the sand dunes. The MU-X has traction control which seemed to kick in just when you needed it in the deep ruts and soft sand, to propel you forwards. We travelled for a while with a mate in an old 1HZ powered 105 series cruiser. He made hard work of it. He had lockers, which he used on the bigger dunes, but he certainly struggled with power (or lack thereof) vs weight in the soft sand.

I actually wished I had Shrek for a couple of days there either side of Mt Dare when we drove through lots of mud and water. I would also have been less concerned about the constant scratching of the spinifex (?) shrubs along the French Line. For most of the trip though, the much newer Isuzu made for a faster, smoother and quieter ride.

Comment

• conquistador
                      Valued Member
                      • Feb 2012
                      • sth east queensland

All the best for toowoomba.

I have no doubt shrek would have made it. The simpson is a special place.

Being an early np did it have a hybrid lsd in the rear?
                      Last edited by conquistador; 27-07-16, 09:39 PM. Reason: grammar

Comment

• BrisVegas
                        Valued Member
                        • Mar 2009
                        • Townsville, QLD

It's an NM 2002 model and yes it has an LSD in the rear.

Couldn't agree more about the Simpson. It's an amazing place.

Comment

• BrisVegas
                          Valued Member
                          • Mar 2009
                          • Townsville, QLD

I'm looking to sell Shrek....

SWMBO wants a small town vehicle, so rather than trade him in on something at a yard where they don't do you any favours, I thought I'd see if anyone wants a decent buy. Was chasing $6k as is. There's a small rear main seal leak and a cracked flex joint in the exhaust that I know of which would need $$ thrown at it (which I don't have) to get a RWC.

The roofrack, awning and fridge have been relocated to the MU-X, but everything else is there as per this thread.

Also selling the camper trailer if anyone wants a really nice camping/touring setup. $9k for the camper. (http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/palla...per/1099192581 )

Cheers,
                          Dion

Comment

• GHendo
                            Valued Member
                            • Mar 2012
                            • Northern NSW

Gee, that's a pity - make sure you send him to a good home

Cheers

Geoff

Comment

• BrisVegas
                              Valued Member
                              • Mar 2009
                              • Townsville, QLD

Gee, that's a pity - make sure you send him to a good home

Cheers

Geoff
                              Hey mate yeah it'll be sad to see him go. We've had some good times for sure. I wanted to see if i could sell privately rather than trading in so that someone else can enjoy him. It's priced at trade in value so hopefully someone sees it for the bargain it is.

Comment

• Shopping Trolley
                                Valued Member
                                • Nov 2013
                                • Brisbane

Originally posted by BrisVegas View Post
                                Hey mate yeah it'll be sad to see him go. We've had some good times for sure. I wanted to see if i could sell privately rather than trading in so that someone else can enjoy him. It's priced at trade in value so hopefully someone sees it for the bargain it is.
                                How many km?

Did Shrek have the fuel pump replaced or is that just a 3.2 issue?
                                2003 NP DiD Auto: 265/75R16 Yokohama Geolander G015 A/T, dual batteries, Kings Springs and Monroe Shocks, to do list that is more expensive than the truck

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X