• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pwoffey
    Valued Member
    • Jul 2013
    • Adelaide

Clearview PowerFold for Pajero

I have just been notified that today Clearview have released their PowerFold mirrors for the Pajero. I know a few of us agitated for Clearview to include the Pajero in their development program, so it's nice to see them come up with the goods. I have just purchased the first set after release.
    BY13/MY14 Pajero NW GLX Auto, Cooper ST Maxx, factory towbar, Drifta drawers, SmartBar, Airtec snorkel, Koni Raid 90 front and 88 rear shocks with KIngs 34-HD springs front, 35-EHD rear, Brown Davis i/c, sump and transmission bash plates, Piranha diff breathers, Fuel Manager pre-filter, LRA 81L auxiliary fuel tank, Piranha steel battery tray, Sherpa 9500 lb winch, HPD catch can, LockUp Mate, Kaon cargo barrier, Harrop front e-locker, DBA T3 rotors and Xtreme pads, Mark's 4WD reduction gears
  • Old Paj
    Pajero Club Life Member
    • Jun 2007
    • Heathcote, Vic

Clearview Powerfold

I feel that I will probably line up for a set also. I did actually express an interest in them in writing, but have heard nothing since.
    NX Pajero, Duel Batteries (under bonnet), Factory Nudge Bar, Kings Springs, Bilstein Shocks, TowPro Elite, Icom IC-450, Cooper ST-Maxx Tyres (off road), AutoMate, towing 2015 Vista Crossover XL.

Comment

• Nab
      Valued Member
      • Mar 2012
      • Perth

Why does adding a motor increase the price appox 50%? Almost $1200 for a set of mirrors is a bit hard to swallow for me.
      SOLD 2004 NP 3.2 auto
      NOW 2014 Ranger XLT auto

Comment

• Pwoffey
        Valued Member
        • Jul 2013
        • Adelaide

Originally posted by Nab View Post
        Why does adding a motor increase the price appox 50%?.
        Why does anything cost what it does? I suppose it's a combination of cost of development, production, distribution etc, and then profit. And profit is a slippery quantity, a company will try and maximise profit consistent with its goal of market share. Evidently Clearview reckons that there will be enough customers who will bear this price point to get what they need/want. I suspect, as you do, that the extra motor is not the main driver of the price.

Everyone decides the value, not just the cost, of a purchase, and hopes the value deadens the pain of the cost, as it bloody well better in this case .
        BY13/MY14 Pajero NW GLX Auto, Cooper ST Maxx, factory towbar, Drifta drawers, SmartBar, Airtec snorkel, Koni Raid 90 front and 88 rear shocks with KIngs 34-HD springs front, 35-EHD rear, Brown Davis i/c, sump and transmission bash plates, Piranha diff breathers, Fuel Manager pre-filter, LRA 81L auxiliary fuel tank, Piranha steel battery tray, Sherpa 9500 lb winch, HPD catch can, LockUp Mate, Kaon cargo barrier, Harrop front e-locker, DBA T3 rotors and Xtreme pads, Mark's 4WD reduction gears

Comment

• Paul (SA)
          • Apr 2013
          • Australia

Do you have the option of buying the component to retrofit or do you have to buy a whole new set of mirrors?

Comment

• Pwoffey
            Valued Member
            • Jul 2013
            • Adelaide

Originally posted by Paul (SA) View Post
            Do you have the option of buying the component to retrofit or do you have to buy a whole new set of mirrors?
            Not exactly sure what you mean by "the component".

If you mean: if I already have Clearview (non-PowerFolds) Mirrors can I retro fit the Powerfold function to them, then I don't think so.

If you mean: if I only have the OEM mirrors do I have to purchase the entire PowerFold setup, then yes you do. My understanding is that the only part of the OEM setup that you retain is the wiring harness, which is plug and play into the Powerfold end. The mirrors, surrounds, attachments, motors (and indicators on the mirrors, if you require them) are all part of the new Powerfold setup.

I'll know more when I receive them next week.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X