Below Nav Bar Ad Module

Collapse

v6 dohc oil flow diagram?/ pump failure.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • le cheekster
    • Feb 2017
    • gold coast

v6 dohc oil flow diagram?/ pump failure.

hi to all, i dont know if anyone can help out on this- i rebuilt my dohc heads, rebuilt all replaceable parts, belts tensioners, water pump EXCEPT the oil pump, as there was no sign of engine wear ( i resealed/ repaced every part possible due to a few oil leaks and 235k on the dials and a cheap buy)

New lifters were fitted (imported from pattern parts usa -aswell as belt tensioner)

******* now*****
    she was running like a sports car, fantastic for about 2 months- then i noticed some lifter noise sometimes, which got worse, though ceased when i revved up..

Then it got a 'diesel engine knock' sound all the time- continuous so it sounds like a old diesel
    *fear*
    i decided to get to the bottom of it, and whipped off the valve covers- lhs head seems to be starved of oil- lifters can be pushed in by hand- RHS cover off and there is PLENTY off oil spraying - so i am assuming that the LHS ( passenger seated side) has a oil blockage somewhere..

I actually screwed 2 self tappers into the rhs (drivers side) lifter oil jets at the end of the lifter oil flow galleries- to see if increasing the oil pressure would bring through oil to the LHS lifter gallerys... nothing noticable- though i will be trying for longer today due to flat battery.
    1) i havent done a oil pump pressure test yet-so i will do, but has this been encountered before?
    2) i didnt replace the oil pump, or remove the engine sump as the engine is in excellant internal condition with no visible scoring on soft bearing surfaces (camshaft /bores , etc)
    3) is this a blocked oil gallery?- has anyone had this before?- resolved it? -any fixes?

4) is it likely/ possible it has a stuffed piston pin, due to lack of oil to top end (assumed) or are they indestructible?
    5) i looked on you tube, and found similar symptoms from a DOHC where it was the timing belt tensioner knocking- but with a you tube vid its hard to hear- mines a pattern part tensioner..

6) anyone who has knowledge of this, who can give me info would be much appreciated as i have carefully rebuilt this with no expense spared over 18 months..

Matched content

Collapse
Working...
X