• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ian H
    Valued Member
    • May 2015
    • Melbourne

I think speed is the big problem on this one. Most of the trucks will do the limit so judging by the speed he passes the truck, this guy is really travelling.
    2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• Pajshomoneroguntero
      Valued Member
      • Jul 2013
      • Sydney

Date on the dashcam Oct 2015??
      NX GLS MY16 Auto: MM Towbar | Spare Lift Kit | Cooper ST MAXX 265/65R17 | SPVi Module mk3.1 | Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier | Torque Pro App | Donaldson 3um 2ndry Fuel Filter | Diff Breathers | GME4500 UHF | Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform | Roley's Rear Bash Plate | Bushskinz Underbody Protection | Airtec Snorkel | Onboard Compressor | Awning | ARB Deluxe Bar | Lightbar | Sherpa4x4 Winch | Bushskinz Sidesteps | Masten TPMS

Build Thread

Comment

• Keithyv
        Valued Member
        • May 2018
        • Perth

Yeah not unusual, I think the current affairs programs like to recycle stories over and over.
        Others are right ‘though, the Pajero does seem to be going a fair speed. The poor old gen 3 may have had clapped out shockies and that van is massive. Scary stuff.
        2014 NW MY14 3.2 DID GLX-R Auto. Champagne in colour!
        MM Lockup mate. King KCRS-35 rear springs. Monroe Gas Magnum TDT rear shocks. 3M color stable tint all round. Spare wheel lift kit. 'Dynamat' in all doors and rear cargo area. Pioneer AVH-Z5150BT Head Unit. Upgraded Speakers. Rear (2nd row) USB outlet. Factory nudge bar with LED light bar. Provent catch can. LED interior lights. Rear cargo area twin Andersons and Merit socket. Anderson plug in rear bumper. 6 channel TPMS.

Comment

• BruceandBobbi
          Valued Member
          • Aug 2016
          • Greater Sydney

Originally posted by Keithyv View Post
          Yeah not unusual, I think the current affairs programs like to recycle stories over and over.
          Others are right ‘though, the Pajero does seem to be going a fair speed. The poor old gen 3 may have had clapped out shockies and that van is massive. Scary stuff.

Sorry but I can't see multiple newspapers and TV channels all conspiring.

Comment

• Ian H
            Valued Member
            • May 2015
            • Melbourne

I'd be backing the dash cam as being right as I doubt a truck would have an incorrect date set. Those stories tend to gather legs and I think they are distributed by an agency to many outlets so maybe they could all have fallen in to the trap ?

I showed this video at a recent 4WD club meet (not Paj club), which is more of the same.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
            2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• Pickle
              Administrator
              • Jun 2007
              • All over Oz

Originally posted by Ian H View Post
              I think speed is the big problem on this one. Most of the trucks will do the limit so judging by the speed he passes the truck, this guy is really travelling.
              Not so sure it's a truck, judging by the height of the dashcam and the ariels on the front bar.
              Long way to drive from Adelaide to near Townsville with that van in tow without a problem . I reckon it's the aerodynamics of passing the vehicle and cutting back into his own lane a bit to quick that buggered him up.
              NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
              Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• Wazza999
                • Jun 2018
                • Canberra

Originally posted by Pajshomoneroguntero View Post
                Date on the dashcam Oct 2015??

It’s a Transcend dash cam. I have one and if the battery goes flat, which is often they lose the time/date and default to 2015. I’m now sick of resetting the thing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Ian H
                  Valued Member
                  • May 2015
                  • Melbourne

Originally posted by Pickle View Post
                  I reckon it's the aerodynamics of passing the vehicle and cutting back into his own lane a bit to quick that buggered him up.
                  I agree.

i just assumed it was a truck but you're probably right.

Originally posted by Wazza999 View Post
                  It’s a Transcend dash cam. I have one and if the battery goes flat, which is often they lose the time/date and default to 2015. I’m now sick of resetting the thing!
                  That makes sense....albeit annoying.

Comment

• erad
                    Valued Member
                    • Mar 2015
                    • Cooma NSW

Many years ago, I was carrying a trailer load of mattresses to a ski lodge. I had about 18 mattresses in a 7 x 4 trailer - a stack in the middle with 2 mattresses stacked vertically on their sides each side. The whole lot was roped down. The load was, shall we say "Springy". I drove about 70 to 80 km/h all the way because the trailer was twitchy. All went well until i got to the foot of a long, steep hill and I gave it a bootfull of throttle to get a good run up the hill. As I went past the National Park Ranger gate, a wombat wandered out in front of me. I swerved and missed it, but the trailer was really throwing the car around. Fortunately, I was at full power and eventually the trailer settled down because I was able to pull it out of the sways. Coming back down the next day, I saw the skid marks left by the trailer. It was obviously dancing from one wheel to the other. Exactly what angle it tilted to I have no idea, but I guess it must have been interesting to look at.

Comment

• gas55
                      • Apr 2015
                      • Port Macquarie

IMHO there are mostly 3 reasons for these accidents:
                      Speed, speed and speed.
                      Vans are just getting heavier and heavier, with manufacturers understating weights grossly, (personal experience).
                      So we have caravans weighing more than the tow, speeding, with all that weight centered around a 50mm tow ball, and then swerving back into the left lane.
                      Guess what happens next?

Greg
                      Last edited by gas55; 10-02-21, 09:40 PM.
                      Greg

Comment

• Pajshomoneroguntero
                        Valued Member
                        • Jul 2013
                        • Sydney

Originally posted by Wazza999 View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        That’ll explain it.

Originally posted by erad View Post
                        Many years ago, I was carrying a trailer load of mattresses to a ski lodge.
                        Look out ladies
                        NX GLS MY16 Auto: MM Towbar | Spare Lift Kit | Cooper ST MAXX 265/65R17 | SPVi Module mk3.1 | Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier | Torque Pro App | Donaldson 3um 2ndry Fuel Filter | Diff Breathers | GME4500 UHF | Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform | Roley's Rear Bash Plate | Bushskinz Underbody Protection | Airtec Snorkel | Onboard Compressor | Awning | ARB Deluxe Bar | Lightbar | Sherpa4x4 Winch | Bushskinz Sidesteps | Masten TPMS

Build Thread

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X