• Show
Clear All
  • LDV60
    • Aug 2009
    • Brisbane

Dirty Weekends Bribie Island

Hi All.
    Just thought I'd share some details.
    My wife and I went for a quick day trip up to Bribie on Saturday, as per the Dirty Weekends planned route.

We entered the beach at Woorim (just keep going past the pub about 1km and veer right to get into beach access area.

Unfortunately the Northern Access Road is currently closed due to flooding, but we still managed to get about 100km of beach/road/sand track driving in on the day.

If you're after an easily accessible and safe alternate beach trip this is worth a little bit of a go. It is especially good and safe for teaching new sand 4wding skills or developing the skills yourself.

The first two pics are of some of the fresh water lagoons emptying into the main beach. I think these ones are about 12km up from the beach entry. Given the speed of the current and the washout angle I figured better safe than stupid, time to get out and take a walk.

The last pic is a shot of the Northern Access Road, which was open from the bottom of Bribie up until Poverty Creek camp ground.

As you can see it's all pretty gentle in terms of 4WDing but good for a relaxing day out.
    Attached Files
    2010 NT Activ 3.2. White. Non OEM Tow Bar and all the Activ goodies. 55w HIDs. Bushskinz Intercooler and Sump Guards. ScanGuage. Safari Snorkel. Dobinsons Springs and Shocks. 5 watt Handheld UHF.

My other ride: Lexus IS250 X - in Red.
  • BrisVegas
    Valued Member
    • Mar 2009
    • Townsville, QLD

no pics of the Pajero mate??? ;-)
    'Shrek' 2002 NM GLS 2.8TD manual. ARB bar. HD King springs & Bilsteins. Bridgestone D674LT. Milford Cargo Barrier. Bushskinz intercooler & sump guards. Exedy solid flywheel. 25mm core radiator. 2.5" exhaust. Airtec snorkel. Engel MT45, Projecta 150A isolator, 120A AGM battery in 3rd row. ARB bar, Fyrlyts & 30" LED lightbar Pics + 2015 Isuzu MU-X with all the fruit.

Comment

• LDV60
      • Aug 2009
      • Brisbane

No, my slack wife refused to wade through knee deep cold water to get some cool photos

2010 NT Activ 3.2. White. Non OEM Tow Bar and all the Activ goodies. 55w HIDs. Bushskinz Intercooler and Sump Guards. ScanGuage. Safari Snorkel. Dobinsons Springs and Shocks. 5 watt Handheld UHF.

My other ride: Lexus IS250 X - in Red.

Comment

• anhie
        • Jan 2013
        • brisbane

hey how are we all i got a dirty weekends book and i am interested in this drive. Anyone done it recently ? I am a newbie to 4wd world any rec appreciated.

Any good swimming holes?
        Iron Bark MY13 VRX NW Pajero 4WD Newbie.
        Ultimate suspension 2 inch lift, ARB Bull Bar, ARB High Intensity lights,Air Tech Snorkel, Rhino Roof platform, Mickey Thompson STZ, Clarion DVD Screen,Waeco CFX 50 Fridge ,UltraGuage EM Plus, MM towbar,Bush Skinz Under Body Protection, Electronic Rust Protection and a few other bits and pieces.

Comment

• martialllaw
          • Jan 2012
          • Narangba

Have done the trip up the beach a couple of weeks ago but unfortunately was unable to do the Northern Access Road(due to a break down of another car in our group). Would like to do the complete loop as per the book one day.

There is a couple of great swimming holes on the beach side. Highly recommend Bribie as a intro to beach driving as its close to town and easily accessible.
          2010 NT GLS, ARB Deluxe winch bar, GME TX3540 UHF, TJM battery tray, DBA T3 Disc's, Front & Rear Harop E-Lokers, AAA rear draw system, Anderson connector for AUX power, kumho mt51 265 / 70 / R 17, Bushskinz sliders and Intercooler/Sump/Transmition/Transfer case Bash Plates, Bilstein/Dobinson combo, 2x2m austrack-deluxe-vehicle-awning, Airtec Snorkel, Wetseat Covers front /rear + centre console cover, SPV EGR MOD Mk3.

Comment

• bennyb29
            Valued Member
            • Nov 2015
            • Brisbane

Looks like this thread has gone real quiet. I did Bribie a few weekends ago, which was my first foray to beach driving. Went in via the inland access track, and drove back using the Woorim beach access. I quite loved the place, and hope to go back soon enough.

A pic of my Pajero at the beach.

Here is a video i created while entering the beach.
            Mitsubishi Pajero NT Platinum 2010

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X