Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-4 Pajero

Generation 4-4 Pajero NX model 2014 -

Old 11-01-17

Battery tray.
Baz I left liner in place cut the bumps of liner out to make level surface. Used a Pirahana battery tray that fit the battery nicely. Simply drilled holes through floor of tub carefully avoiding strengthening strakes & the like & sealed nuts with silicone. Tip save the $60 on the tray & make 1 out of some angel & plate steel if you are able. I was time poor so bought 1.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Old 11-01-17

Default IsaRodeo TLC Kt

Mate I have used it when towing my then Websters 4.3m Twinfisher tinnie which weighed about 750kg loaded. Found the TLC useful for locking up 4th gear to avoid the problem you / we have. Anything from this weight and above I think it is worth it, lock up to give the temps some relief and unlock when extra power is required. It can be fiddley if you let it be and try to use it too much. If you get one do not use in 5th your truck will soon let you know when it doesn't like the converter locked up. Some extra direct engine braking 5 to 10% I suppose handy, not the only reason I would purchase though. It is handy though for this purpose when not towing and in the high country like I am a fair bit and the long descents on the bitumen the extra engine braking can save some brake pad wear. I know it is too fiddley to use in the bush as for ever locking and unlocking and quickly get sick of flicking the switch. I havn't got gage for ATF temps so cant tell you temps difference. I can tell you to give Rocket Rod a call and someone there will give you all the info you need about the kit. Be careful though if Rocket answers the phone you will spend a fair bit of time absorbing a lot of information about your tranny that you never knew and also the kit. Great people to do business with before during and well don't know about after havnt had any need to call them yet... Maybe about the Nomad valve body, hope the cook doesn't read this.