• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Xrsteve
    • Apr 2018
    • Victoria

Brake pads

Hi all,

Does anyone have any idea of the Bendix brake pad part number front and rear for the NT Pajero 2010 3.2. Apparently there’s two on the Supercheap data base. I know the LWB has the larger disks but apparently it can’t be worked out from that.

Why can’t buying the bloody parts be as simple as replacing them!.

Cheers Steve
  • Xrsteve
    • Apr 2018
    • Victoria

Pretty sure I’ve nutted it out Bendix show to types on their website. I think the correct part number is 1482 for the front and 1200 for the rear.

Comment

• Muzza
      Valued Member
      • Jul 2007
      • Nsw

Originally posted by Xrsteve View Post
      Pretty sure I’ve nutted it out Bendix show to types on their website. I think the correct part number is 1482 for the front and 1200 for the rear.
      That is correct for NT on, NP were different, not sure about NS
      Muzza
      2014 NW VRX , Alloy ECB bar, Poly air bags, EGR fixed. EDS scan gauge, lockup mate.
      2003 NP DID GLS retired and gone to a good home
      2007 21' Lotus spirit caravan

LH Torana

Comment

• Seigried
        Valued Member
        • Apr 2016
        • brisbane

All lwb gen4 pajeros have the larger brakes. Gen 4 swb front brakes are the same as gen 3 pajeros.
        Also see phots for lwb part numbers

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Comment

• Little Devil
          • Feb 2016
          • Valley View, South Australia

My NT is

I concur with all the findings
          My19 ZL Outlander Diesel Auto. Ultra Gauge MX, Uniden CB, 270 Batwing Awning, Catch Can

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people.

Comment

• aussieintas
            Valued Member
            • Feb 2013
            • Sorell, Tasmania

NS is the same as all gen 4's. The difference is with swb NS and NT's as they have different sized brakes.

Unfortunately the Bendix parts site along others confuses the lwb and swb at times.
            2014 VW Touareg V6 diesel

Previously
            88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
            92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
            92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
            99 Landcruiser Gxl 4.5 manual with all the fruit
            95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
            08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

• Xrsteve
              • Apr 2018
              • Victoria

What’s the opinion on the Bendix pads?

Comment

• Seigried
                Valued Member
                • Apr 2016
                • brisbane

Ive had them on NS for about 600ks. So far so good. I flushed and bled the brakes, cleaned and regreased the caliper, pins etc when i changed the pads. I didnt think my brakes were in bad shape before. However under hard emergency braking scenarios to a dead stop its night and day to how the brakes worked before. Gut feel says under that kind of braking the NS pulls up a meter or more quicker. For normal driving the feel of the pedal is excelent and the braking more controlled. Have not used them off road yet.

Would i recommend them? Yes i would but id recommend doing all af the above at the same time. My old pads were rubbing very slightly and one side was sticking. Not enough to pull the car to one side but enough to cause uneven wear on the front. The old grease on the pins was like tar. I also found out i was missing a clip on each rear wheel! I was not happy about any of this as the brakes were suposedly "overhauled" at a workshop just after i bought it!

Comment

• dc80
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Perth

Originally posted by Seigried View Post
                  Ive had them on NS for about 600ks. So far so good. I flushed and bled the brakes, cleaned and regreased the caliper, pins etc when i changed the pads. I didnt think my brakes were in bad shape before. However under hard emergency braking scenarios to a dead stop its night and day to how the brakes worked before. Gut feel says under that kind of braking the NS pulls up a meter or more quicker. For normal driving the feel of the pedal is excelent and the braking more controlled. Have not used them off road yet.

Would i recommend them? Yes i would but id recommend doing all af the above at the same time. My old pads were rubbing very slightly and one side was sticking. Not enough to pull the car to one side but enough to cause uneven wear on the front. The old grease on the pins was like tar. I also found out i was missing a clip on each rear wheel! I was not happy about any of this as the brakes were suposedly "overhauled" at a workshop just after i bought it!

I read somewhere the Bendix 'Ultra Premium' which are exclusive to Supercheap are basically General CT. I picked up a set front and rear for $80 in a recent Supercheap sale and hoping they are decent. How do they compare to other pads you've used? What rotors are you pairing them with?
                  2016 NX GLS MY16 | MMA towbar | Boo's bash plates | ProVent 200 catch can | 2" Lovells MD (F+R) + Bilsteins | Stedi 28" ST4K | Falken Wildpeak AT3W 265/60R18 | Yokohama Geolandar G015 LT265/70R17 | iDRIVE | Redarc Tow Pro Elite | Nautia switch panel

Comment

• Xrsteve
                    • Apr 2018
                    • Victoria

Originally posted by dc80 View Post
                    I read somewhere the Bendix 'Ultra Premium' which are exclusive to Supercheap are basically General CT. I picked up a set front and rear for $80 in a recent Supercheap sale and hoping they are decent. How do they compare to other pads you've used? What rotors are you pairing them with?
                    I just picked a set up front and rear $67 each at Supercheap.

They seem good so far I’ll re post when I put a few thousand k’s on them.

The front were and they held up well. rear pads were Advics and they were shagged.

Comment

• aussieintas
                      Valued Member
                      • Feb 2013
                      • Sorell, Tasmania

I've used Bendix pads for a number of years now. Have always been great with no issues......good brake feel, stopping power and long lasting.
                      2014 VW Touareg V6 diesel

Previously
                      88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
                      92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
                      92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
                      99 Landcruiser Gxl 4.5 manual with all the fruit
                      95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
                      08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

• Seigried
                        Valued Member
                        • Apr 2016
                        • brisbane

My other 4wds have always had either the factory pads or ferodo pads. I would say there better than oem pajero pads. I had the ferodos on a sierra which is superlight compared to the paj so no real comparison.

Comment

• Xrsteve
                          • Apr 2018
                          • Victoria

Originally posted by dc80 View Post
                          I forget to mention that when I replaced the pads they were marked 4wd/suv in writing along the pad itself so there not the general CT

Comment

• dc80
                            • Jan 2019
                            • Perth

Originally posted by Xrsteve View Post
                            I forget to mention that when I replaced the pads they were marked 4wd/suv in writing along the pad itself so there not the general CT
                            Thanks mate, very interesting!
                            2016 NX GLS MY16 | MMA towbar | Boo's bash plates | ProVent 200 catch can | 2" Lovells MD (F+R) + Bilsteins | Stedi 28" ST4K | Falken Wildpeak AT3W 265/60R18 | Yokohama Geolandar G015 LT265/70R17 | iDRIVE | Redarc Tow Pro Elite | Nautia switch panel

Comment

• TheJanitar
                              • Jul 2022
                              • New Zealand

Alright instead of posting a new thread, I might try revive this one.

Pajero SWB Nx - what brake pads am I looking at? Is there a spec? I have heard they aren't the same as the LWB and my local supercheap only have the LWB in their system.

Would like some bendix but not sure which ones to get. Front and rear.

Cheers,

Jan

​​

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X