• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vrx26
    • Sep 2014
    • Melbourne, Victoria

Unexpected source of rattle noise

Just like most of the guys and gals in this forum, I always get annoyed with rattle noise. I've done a few measures to minimize if not totally eliminate it which all came from this forum. I've done the cable tie fix on the glove box area but somehow there is still persistent rattle especially when I drive on corrugated roads.

Fast forward today, while me and my mates were in the recent 4wd Muster in Broadford Victoria joining a world attempt, one of my mates noticed that my passenger side fog light is depressed iinwards and when I press it with my finger there was a lot of play. It is just basically hanging. Fiddled with it early this morning. Took out the plastic panel inside the wheel arch to access and fog lights and low and behold the fog light is just held by one loose screw. Supposed to be held up by 3 screws in different spots but only one is attached. Out of curiosity check the driver side as well while at it and the same thing only one screw holding up the fog lights. The screw holding it is just tight so there was not a lot of play in the fog light but it still move when you depress it.

Very surprise with this. Dont know if the screw just fell off but very strange it happened on both sides. Bought the car second hand and never had modifications up front i.e no bull bars installed previously and fog lights are still original. The good thing though is the persistent rattle is now gone.
    09 NT Pajero Exceed V6 (OEM Nudge bar, Bonnet Protectors+Headlight Protectors, Stedi light bar, IDrive throttle controller, Lifted with Dobinson IMS Suspension)
    Bucket list: Bushkinz plates
  • GHendo
    Valued Member
    • Mar 2012
    • Northern NSW

Definitely sounds as if the fog lights have been removed at some stage – vehicle could have been in a bit of a dingle and the repair guy left the screws out.

Geoff
    03 NP Manual Di-D Exceed, 2" lift, Dobinsons Springs, Lovells Shocks, ORU Winch, ARB Bullbar, Scott's Rods 3" Exhaust, ARB Compressor, Rear Air Locker, Cooper S/T Maxx, Hella Rallye 4000 S/Lights, Pioneer AVH-X5850BT DVD/Tuner w/- Reversing Camera, Sensa Tyre monitor, Uniden UH8080NB UHF, Rhino Platform Roof Rack, Hema HN-7 GPS, Engine Watchdog, CouplerTec, CTEK D250S DC-DC Charger, Snorkel, Towbar.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
    Working...
    X