• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Outbound Brown
    • Dec 2010
    • Gold Coast

Head light fittings / connectors - Illuminator LED spot lights

I have purchased the 9" LED Illuminators from 4WD Supacentre. I also bought the wiring loom which was great in principle except neither of the two sets of adaptor fittings match the Pajero (NX).

Can anyone please help with a name of the type of fittings / connectors that the wires connect to the high beam bulb. I have attached a photo.

Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files
    04 NP Exceed - Lovell 2" lift, LR tank, ARB Bull bar, Rhino roof track, Hankook AT, Airtec snorkel, 2nd battery, Bushskinz sump guard, rusty IPF spotties

16 NX GLS - Bilstein / Lovell 2" lift, Airbags, Bushskinz side steps and intercooler / sump guards, TJM Bull bar, Airtec Snorkel, GME TX3550, Illuminator 9" LED spotties, 17" NS alloys BFG 265/70/17 AT, Rhino Pioneer platform, Frontier LR fuel tank
  • vladguan
    Valued Member
    • Mar 2015
    • Adelaide

Originally posted by Outbound Brown View Post
    I have purchased the 9" LED Illuminators from 4WD Supacentre. I also bought the wiring loom which was great in principle except neither of the two sets of adaptor fittings match the Pajero (NX).

Can anyone please help with a name of the type of fittings / connectors that the wires connect to the high beam bulb. I have attached a photo.

Thanks in advance.
    Do a search here using Google. Don't use the connectors that came with it. Use an add-a-circuit fuse tap to tap into one of the high beam fuses to trigger the relay and source battery power for the LED lights. No need for isolation switches.

OK me if you want detailed instructions
    Please call me Vlad.
    -----------------------
    MY15 NX GLS - SPV EGR; Donaldson filter; Front sensors; Compass; DEI506T and DEI507M; LED interior and exterior lights; Blue LED step lights; 3T tow bar; 20% front & clear tint over privacy windows; Chrome handle protectors; 3x Bushskinz guards; Nudge bar; Hella Sharptones; Dual alarm horns; STEDI lightbar; TC mod loom; Paddles; ProVent 200; Dobinsons springs and MRR shocks; Bonnet struts; OCAM awning; Rear work light; Air compressor. TBD - UHF.

Comment

• Outbound Brown
      • Dec 2010
      • Gold Coast

Ok , I think I might need more detail please Vlad.

I have found the fuse tap - I am summing I will cut off the existing connector and attach the fuse tap it to the wires?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      04 NP Exceed - Lovell 2" lift, LR tank, ARB Bull bar, Rhino roof track, Hankook AT, Airtec snorkel, 2nd battery, Bushskinz sump guard, rusty IPF spotties

16 NX GLS - Bilstein / Lovell 2" lift, Airbags, Bushskinz side steps and intercooler / sump guards, TJM Bull bar, Airtec Snorkel, GME TX3550, Illuminator 9" LED spotties, 17" NS alloys BFG 265/70/17 AT, Rhino Pioneer platform, Frontier LR fuel tank

Comment

• vladguan
        Valued Member
        • Mar 2015
        • Adelaide

Originally posted by Outbound Brown View Post
        Ok , I think I might need more detail please Vlad.

I have found the fuse tap - I am summing I will cut off the existing connector and attach the fuse tap it to the wires?

Whether you can use the harness depends on how many wires are on that adaptor plug. If just one then yes, cut it off and crimp or solder on the fuse tap. Otherwise, best to ditch the harness and make your own with the following from Jaycar:
        1. add-a-circuit fuse tap
        2. 5a mini blade fuse
        3. inline fuse holder
        4. suitable fuse for the light bar
        5. relay rated above the current draw of the light bar
        6. 10A red cables.1m length will do.
        7. 10A black cable. 1m length will do. 3m if you want an isolation switch (not needed for ADR compliance).
        8. suitably rated red cable for the light bar. 2m length will do.
        9. suitably rated black cable for the light bar. 2m length will do.
        10. bullet connector (for fuse tap), blade connectors and ring connector (for grounds and battery +ve).

Disconnect the battery before proceeding.

Steps:
        1. Remove one of the high-beam fuses (27 or 28) and insert it into the lower slot of the fuse tap.

2. Insert the 5a mini blade fuse into the top slot of the fuse tap and then insert it into the empty high-beam fuse slot.

3. Connect a length of 5a red cable to the fuse tap via a bullet connector and then connect the other end to pin 86 of relay via blade connector.

4. Connect a length of 5a black cable to pin 85 of relay via blade connector and then connect the other end to ground point via ring connector.

Alternate 4. Connect a length of 5a black cable to pin 85 of relay via blade connector and take it into the cabin to connect to +ve of a switch via blade connector and then ground the -ve of the switch via another length of the 5a black cable.

5. Connect a length of suitably rated red cable to battery +ve via ring connector and then connect the other end to the inline fuse and finally connect the inline fuse to pin 30 of relay.

6. Connect a length of suitably rated red cable to +ve of light bar and then connect the other end to pin 87 of relay.

7. Connect a length of suitably rated black cable to -ve of light bar and then ground the other end.
        Please call me Vlad.
        -----------------------
        MY15 NX GLS - SPV EGR; Donaldson filter; Front sensors; Compass; DEI506T and DEI507M; LED interior and exterior lights; Blue LED step lights; 3T tow bar; 20% front & clear tint over privacy windows; Chrome handle protectors; 3x Bushskinz guards; Nudge bar; Hella Sharptones; Dual alarm horns; STEDI lightbar; TC mod loom; Paddles; ProVent 200; Dobinsons springs and MRR shocks; Bonnet struts; OCAM awning; Rear work light; Air compressor. TBD - UHF.

Comment

• Outbound Brown
          • Dec 2010
          • Gold Coast

Wow, thank you so much for such a detailed reply

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X