• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • daw
    • Feb 2016
    • Melbourne

Digital scanner radio sound

Please remove if in the wrong section.....

If i was to install a digital scanner unit in my pajero, and I wanted the sound from my scanner to go through into the vehicle's sound system, how would l do that exactly???

Thank you in advance!
    2016 GLS NX Midnight Black Pajero, diesel, factory fitted towpack & low profile chrome nudge bar, legal tinted front windows & UV clear tint on rear windows, 23 inch 336W Osram LED Lightbar with a full LED conversion of the factory standard bulbs all together with full canvas seat covers and the SPVi mod....

Sometimes, it not all about going bush. Instead, its all about the looks!!
  • Peter5111
    • Jun 2014
    • Tasmania

Conceptually, if your stereo has an aux-in, you would run a speaker line from the radio to the aux-in.

BUT
    I don't know what sort of levels (voltages) are coming out of your scanner or what sort of levels will do damage to your stereo.

Comment

• daw
      • Feb 2016
      • Melbourne

Originally posted by Peter5111 View Post
      Conceptually, if your stereo has an aux-in, you would run a speaker line from the radio to the aux-in.

BUT
      I don't know what sort of levels (voltages) are coming out of your scanner or what sort of levels will do damage to your stereo.
      Thank you for the info...
      2016 GLS NX Midnight Black Pajero, diesel, factory fitted towpack & low profile chrome nudge bar, legal tinted front windows & UV clear tint on rear windows, 23 inch 336W Osram LED Lightbar with a full LED conversion of the factory standard bulbs all together with full canvas seat covers and the SPVi mod....

Comment

• Mike DiD
        Valued Member
        • Jun 2007

All earphone sockets have to have approximately the same audio output levels.

www.jaycar.com.au have a cable from 3.5mm stereo earphone to 2x RCA plugs.

Alternately, but at greater cost you can get an FM Transmitter that plugs into any audio source with 3.5mm socket.

Of course with either of these options, you won't be able to listen to any Broadcast Radio or USB music.

That's why I've installed a mini loudspeaker near the headrest, so I can listen to the scanner will minimal distortion and interference, while the car sound sound system can be used to listen to Traffic Reports on Broadcast Radio.
        Mike R. Sydney. Pajero GLS NX Silver Jan15. DiD Auto. STILL grossly disappointed with the errors in Speed Limits on major roads in my TomTom.

Comment

• psproule
          Valued Member
          • Jun 2007
          • Googong, NSW

The speaker out socket on most UHF's is much too high a level to plug into a line level input on a head unit. If it was headphone out OK but not speaker out.

Uniden do a UHF with Bluetooth streaming integration if that floats your boat. Their models also feature combo speaker mics so if you mount the mic near the driver the audio is fairly well in earshot.

Pat
          2016 Mitsubishi NX Pajero GLX
          2011 Landrover Freelander II SD4

Comment

• daw
            • Feb 2016
            • Melbourne

Thank you all for your advice...

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X