• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lenm555
    • May 2016
    • SE QLD

Evolution Pajero for OZ

After a lot of work and haggling with the authorities, I have managed to get the Pajero Evolution added to the Special and Enthusiast vehicle register (SEVR).
    This means they will be eligible for import as soon as a test vehicle passes emission testing etc.

These were the production vehicle produced by MMC to contest the Dakar rally 1997-2000.
    Should be a fun/collectable off roader, though getting rare in Japan now.
    See here for more info..
    All of the great homologation specials — the BMW E30 M3, the Lancia Delta Integrale, the Plymouth Superbird — have all been discovered and cost more and more every year. Except for one. This is the Mitsubishi Pajero Evolution, and you will be amazed at its reputation just as much as its shockingly low price.
    Last edited by lenm555; 05-04-17, 09:58 PM.
  • andy_q
    • Jun 2014
    • Sydney

Sweet I want one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• craka
      Valued Member
      • Jun 2009
      • Newcastle (Newie)

Nice one,

I'm envious if your getting one.
      NS SWB X 3.2DiD - Factory locker, Hella spotties, GME UHF, 2" lift

Retired: 1991 NH SWB 3.0L V6 5sp Manual, Mickey Thompson ATZs, GME UHF TX3200.

Comment

• RUGGA
        Valued Member
        • Nov 2014
        • Adelaide

Originally posted by lenm555 View Post
        After a lot of work and haggling with the authorities, I have managed to get the Pajero Evolution added to the Special and Enthusiast vehicle register (SEVR).
        This means they will be eligible for import as soon as a test vehicle passes emission testing etc.
        I am a little confused, I know of 2 already in Australia. 1 in Adelaide and 1 in Qld. What am I missing here?
        02 NM 3.2, Auto, Exceed, I/C and sump guards, L&B 2" lift, 265/75/16 OPAT2.

Comment

• twisted32
          • Jan 2015
          • Adelaide

Originally posted by RUGGA View Post
          I am a little confused, I know of 2 already in Australia. 1 in Adelaide and 1 in Qld. What am I missing here?
          One loop hole for importing any vehicle, is to own it overseas for 12 months, then you can bring it in as a personal import and it does not need to be on the approved list.

Or they may have come in under the impression the 15 year import program a few years ago before it was changed.
          MY14 GLX Pajero DID auto with Lift, 265/70 R17 Yoki X-AT's, Full Bushskinz plates , Scotts Rods 3" TBE, Johnny Tig FMIC, TME ECU remap, Provent, OL Bullbar, Ironman 9500lbs winch, dual batteries, Lockup mate lite, nomad valve body, aeroflow AF72-6000 transmission cooler with 9" fan and radiator cooler bypass, 3.15 reduction gears, traction contol mod (on/off), Uniden 8080S, flappy paddles, Rhino flat rack mounted on ARB rails, 42" Stedi ST3K light bar and custom drawers

Comment

• RUGGA
            Valued Member
            • Nov 2014
            • Adelaide

Ah, yes, true. I forgot about those options. Thanks
            02 NM 3.2, Auto, Exceed, I/C and sump guards, L&B 2" lift, 265/75/16 OPAT2.

Comment

• stumagoo
              Valued Member
              • Jun 2014
              • Perth WA S.O.R

there is also one for sale in SA at the moment but it was imported as a race only car.
              1994 NJ 3.0 now with a 2000NL 3.5 engine and driveline, 2.5 catback, 32" MT Deegan 38's, 1" body lift, front diff drop with front tension rods indexed and cranked an 3", 3" on the rear coils
              *** retired to the big wrecking yard in the sky***
              1998 NL 3.5 blisterside, running a 6g75 (3.8) with M90 supercharger at 14psi, 305.70.16's on -44 rims 3.5" suspension lift, Custom Bull bar, winch install, custom front control arms, NJ GLS flares and some camping gear in the back

Comment

• lenm555
                • May 2016
                • SE QLD

Yea all the ones currently over here are personal imports or unregisterable (rally use only).
                To bring one in as a personal import you need to documentry evidence to prove you personally lived and used it overseas for 12 months (rego, repair receipts, occupation proof docs etc).

Under the SEVR anyone can import one for compliance and road use. Just need to get the first cab off the rank (initial test vehicle) certified then any others/more are easy.

Anyway, i hope this has been a nice win for enthusiasts.
                We are really so over regulated in this country when it come to this sort of stuff. They keep harping on about 'safety' concers re imported vehicles, however, in QLD you still dont require annual roadworthy inspections. Very contridctuary.
                Last edited by lenm555; 06-04-17, 10:34 PM.

Comment

• starjunk
                  Valued Member
                  • Mar 2011
                  • Sydney

Good on you for pioneering! QLD will be a good first try. NSW could be trickier.... Depending on condition. They are very strict on imports here in my experience. I bought a QLD registered private import and had to get it engineered before I could register it in NSW.
                  '92 NH GLS LWB 3.0V6 A/T ...sold Please DON'T consider
                  '06 NP VR-X LWB Turbo Diesel Sports A/T..sold Please consider
                  '96 NJ GLX LWB Turbo Diesel M/T..sold . Loved that car
                  '08 NS GLX LWB Turbo Diesel M/T...daily driver. Wake up and Drive!

Comment

• lenm555
                    • May 2016
                    • SE QLD

Originally posted by starjunk View Post
                    Good on you for pioneering! QLD will be a good first try. NSW could be trickier.... Depending on condition. They are very strict on imports here in my experience. I bought a QLD registered private import and had to get it engineered before I could register it in NSW.
                    These will be registerable australia wide as the lesislation i had to go through was Federal not state.

Comment

• jasper361
                      • Sep 2010
                      • Eatons Hill

I'd be happy with just the seats from one!
                      2019 Y62 Ti Patrol
                      MY15 NX Exceed - Ironbark. - SOLD
                      Bash plates, Bilstein/kings, GME XRS330c

Comment

• starjunk
                        Valued Member
                        • Mar 2011
                        • Sydney

Originally posted by jasper361 View Post
                        I'd be happy with just the seats from one!
                        Yeah the seats look awesome!!!!

Re Federal..... My import paperwork was federal too, but federal doesn't talk to state and NSW still insisted on engineering and putting it over the pits.

This may have been because they did not have my particular vehicle (Mitsubishi J53 Jeep) in the electronic system. (I forget what it's called now) The engineer had to submit it with tare weights, dimensions etc...
                        So hopefully this will be already done at a federal level for the Pajero Evo.
                        Last edited by starjunk; 07-04-17, 02:13 PM.
                        '92 NH GLS LWB 3.0V6 A/T ...sold Please DON'T consider
                        '06 NP VR-X LWB Turbo Diesel Sports A/T..sold Please consider
                        '96 NJ GLX LWB Turbo Diesel M/T..sold . Loved that car
                        '08 NS GLX LWB Turbo Diesel M/T...daily driver. Wake up and Drive!

Comment

• PAJERO-EVO
                          • Sep 2017
                          • Perth

Did they ever get around to changing the import rules?
                          1998 Pajero Evolution, Stock Standard

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Matched content

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X