• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mintox
    • Sep 2013
    • Western Australia

Originally posted by PradoEater View Post
    Was the main conclusion about the pajero that has ageing inerior? Almost every recent review I have read has this pathetic excuse..
    I bet if Mitsubishi had a full page add paramedic would have come out in better place
    LOL you are right they said that "its like I stepped back 10 years!" WTF! I had a 2002 Patrol and the interior looked nothing like the Paj interior. The Paj looks as good as the Prado as far as I am concerned, in fact I liked it better thats why I brought it instead of a Prado. The only thing I dont like about the Paj like all other 4WD, is the smallish fuel tank as standard.

Oh and the price quoted for the VRX was $70,000.00 "For that price I'd rather spend it on a Prado" Er the last time I looked the VRX here (Perth) was about $55,000.00.

And no mention of auto headlights, auto wipers, puddle lights, door courteous lights, 12 speaker sound system, dual zone climate air con with separate controls for the back rows and the more powerful but more fuel efficient diesel motor etc etc.

Actually they did credit it with the best fuel economy of all the cars tested quote "surprisingly returned the best economy of all cars tested". They also said it did every thing they asked of it. I'm confused!
    My12 NW Platinum DID Auto, ARB Delux Bar, RidgeRyder 12000LB winch, Rhino Roof Racks, Twin Rhino Jerry can holders, OffRoad Battery Tray + Yellow Top D34, OME suspension (Hvy duty front, medium duty rear), Poly airbags rear, Toyo 265/70/R17, GME TX3220 UHF, TJM snorkel, TJM sump and transmission bash plates, ARB compressor, KOR LED 80Watt driving lights, RedArc BCDC1220.

Comment

• Mintox
      • Sep 2013
      • Western Australia

Originally posted by picard View Post
      You cant believe everything these magazines post, its common knowledge now, that these mags are a platform of advertizing for manufactures.
      The is now more honest, hard hitting journalism anymore....all of these magazines are paid to flog a product.....maybe toyota paid a premium for the front page sweep.
      They did say the Prados engine was "wanting" but still good enough to be second place. If anything the Patrol should have been second not the asthmatic Prado.
      My12 NW Platinum DID Auto, ARB Delux Bar, RidgeRyder 12000LB winch, Rhino Roof Racks, Twin Rhino Jerry can holders, OffRoad Battery Tray + Yellow Top D34, OME suspension (Hvy duty front, medium duty rear), Poly airbags rear, Toyo 265/70/R17, GME TX3220 UHF, TJM snorkel, TJM sump and transmission bash plates, ARB compressor, KOR LED 80Watt driving lights, RedArc BCDC1220.

Comment

• Chill
        • Jul 2011
        • Brisbane

Put a blind fold on the guys testing them out then see what they have to say. It's all about the dollars
        My13 VRX Pajero
        MY17 Pajero Sports exceed

Comment

• Darwiniandude
          Valued Member
          • May 2008
          • Adelaide

I had a family member needing a cheap second car. Suggested a 2003 Magna sedan I found with approx 180,000 k's for $1500. You can often pick these up for $1500-$2000.

Instead they spent the same money on a 1988 Volvo.

"I don't like Mitsubishi's"

Fine.

Some people don't like some brands, I see a lot of journalists just don't like Mitsubishi.

Just bought a CJ lancer LX. Much more car for the money than other offers currently, to get a manual hatch with boot space, leather interior, and smart key you're looking at +$10k even for Kia. Yet the reviews don't like it. We did.
          Adelaide
          2004 NP Exceed 3.8 V6, SVI LPG, Factory alloy bar and sunroof, 55w HID converted IPF spots, Safari Snorkel, custom rear storage/fold out sleeping platform, Alpine iLX-007E Apple CarPlay head unit & reverse cam

Comment

• Mintox
            • Sep 2013
            • Western Australia

Originally posted by Chris.
            I had an 08 Prado GXL that I bought new, had it for 2 years before I stupidly traded it on a SSV Commodore. The new/current model Prado is pretty ugly I think hence why I just bought a Pajero (didn't even consider a Prado), however I'd just as happily sit in an older model Prado... both cars are really good IMO.
            yeah I have nothing really against Prados. I neither hate them or like them. I've seen some awesome kitted out Prados but I have to wonder at these Best Of tests. If they all make it through the tracks, hills, obstacles etc then doesnt that prove that any of the 4WD tested are capable and worthy of purchase? Seems the testers might be a bit one-eyed in this review.

Comment

• gregory0011
              • Jun 2011
              • Brisbane

Whats this rubbish about high fuel consumption, looks like they got a dud for the day.
              Auto 2013 NW EXCEED Turbo Diesel
              Mainly used for towing Off-road Jayco Expanda,Off-road camper trailer,
              Shopping trolly and school bus.

Comment

• PradoEater
                Valued Member
                • Aug 2012
                • Oatley

im sure if MMA had same budget for advertising things would have been defferent...
                NT 2011 DiD 30th Anniversary Edition, factory RD Lock, Toyo RT 33”, PWR interCooler, PWR radiator, MRT EcuTek tune, OL Steel Loop Bar, VRS 9500, ARB Awning, Kings rear awning, Full bushkinz, HD lovells + Koni RAIDS, front & back nolathane, EGR Block, 52'' LED bar, Scan Gauge 2, Projecta 150A, Optima + Fullriver, ProVent 200, Airtec Snorkel, Beaudesert Exhaust.
                Towing 2015 New Age Manta Ray 19BC

Comment

• Mintox
                  • Sep 2013
                  • Western Australia

Originally posted by gregory0011 View Post
                  Whats this rubbish about high fuel consumption, looks like they got a dud for the day.
                  The article did credit the Paj with the best fuel economy. While on the subject, here is what I have gotten my NW stock standard configuration down to on the freeway at 100Kmh for 30Km.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• gregory0011
                    • Jun 2011
                    • Brisbane

Originally posted by Mintox View Post
                    The article did credit the Paj with the best fuel economy. While on the subject, here is what I have gotten my NW stock standard configuration down to on the freeway at 100Kmh for 30Km.
                    They actually said it was terrible with 14liters /100kms,did we watch the same movie???
                    I get low 8.5 litres/100kms on a trip and around 10 litres/100km normal use for schoolbus etc.
                    Auto 2013 NW EXCEED Turbo Diesel
                    Mainly used for towing Off-road Jayco Expanda,Off-road camper trailer,
                    Shopping trolly and school bus.

Comment

• 1mak
                      • Sep 2011
                      • Brisbane

Wir lieben den Pajero!
                      See my Pajero NL 3500 SOHC @ DownThunder

Pajeros in Action

Comment

• GC007
                        • Nov 2013
                        • with me mum

Originally posted by gregory0011 View Post
                        They actually said it was terrible with 14liters /100kms,did we watch the same movie???
                        I get low 8.5 litres/100kms on a trip and around 10 litres/100km normal use for schoolbus etc.
                        I was trying to figure how you could get up to 14 litres/100 but I can't solve that one. You would have to do an extreme amount of maximum revs and holding them for extended periods. Then again it took them 14s to get to 100km/ph. ....
                        Loving the PAJ
                        |04 NP DiD GLS|Manual|ARB Bullbar|Lightforce lights|Dual Batteries|Snorkel|

Comment

• nj swb
                          Resident
                          • Jun 2007
                          • Adelaide

Originally posted by GC007 View Post
                          I was trying to figure how you could get up to 14 litres/100 but I can't solve that one.
                          Victoria to Adelaide at 110+ km/h, into a stiff headwind got me up to indicated 15.2 l/100. Torque converter wouldn't stay locked, did the last couple hundred in 4th.
                          NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• NTX
                            Valued Member
                            • Apr 2010
                            • Niddrie, Melbourne.

I haven't looked inside a new Patrol since I sold my 05', but isn't the interior still the same basic layout as a 2000' GU? They have added a few accent changes perhaps. Funny how in a Patrol the fact they never change the style is a strong point, but in a Pajero due to the styling not being upgraded for a few series, it renders it last place???
                            2009 NT Pajero. SWB X ARB Sahara bar. Xray HID converted Spot lights. Mickey Thompson STZ 265/60 R18. Unicorn Performance upgraded Intercooler. NP 16" rims under house, still no rubber! Rhino sports racks and Rhino aluminium basket and bag.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Matched content

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X