• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rosahan
    • Apr 2010
    • Heidelberg Vic

Spare wheel lift kit

Hi there to all you NS and NT owners.
    Can anyone tell me what a spare wheel lifter looks like? Would it be possible to make up a reasonable copy of one? Any photo's would be appreciated.
    We tried coupling our van yesterday and discovered that the bottom inch or so of the spare tyre fouls the handle of the caravan coupling. I guess my alternatives are to buy or make a lifter or cut off the top part of the coupling and attach a pivoting handle, has anyone done the latter and have some photo's?
    thanks
    Lindsay
    Landcruiser 200 series 2012 Diesel VX with similar set up to the Paj.
    New Jayco Sterling van 23.72.1 bought December 13
    Have now sold our 2010 MY10 GLS Auto DID,Cool Silver.
    Home made rear shelf, provision for 2nd battery in dicky seat space, roof bars, nudge bar and Varta driving lights . Other Toys: 1971 MGB & Benson Clubman Kart, Boat out of use at the moment. 25 ft caravan bought Feb 2010. Lots of touring to come. More hobbies than time allows.
  • KaDWill
    • Sep 2009
    • Kilsyth, Melbourne

Wheel Lifter

Originally posted by rosahan View Post
    Hi there to all you NS and NT owners.
    Can anyone tell me what a spare wheel lifter looks like? Would it be possible to make up a reasonable copy of one? Any photo's would be appreciated.
    We tried coupling our van yesterday and discovered that the bottom inch or so of the spare tyre fouls the handle of the caravan coupling. I guess my alternatives are to buy or make a lifter or cut off the top part of the coupling and attach a pivoting handle, has anyone done the latter and have some photo's?
    thanks
    Lindsay
    G,day Lindsay, here is the photo that you asked for.
    Keith
    Attached Files

Comment

• KaDWill
      • Sep 2009
      • Kilsyth, Melbourne

Wheel Lift

Sorry forgot to include this info in my first reply.

Lindsay, you could change the hitch on the caravan with one from http://ozhitch.com.au/ or one similar that sit flat and allow you to open the rear door.
      Cheers Keith

Comment

• Bing
        Valued Member
        • Sep 2009
        • Currently QLD

Do a forum 'search' as there have been some good pics posted up before.
        Somebody I think made up there own and posted pics.
        Some altered their hitch handle.
        2010 Platinum LE. Cool Silver, Auto, DiD, MM Rear Difflock. HD MM Tow bar and Lift Kit. Buzz Racks.

Comment

• Angry
          Valued Member
          • May 2009
          • Riverina

I made my own froma piece of 10mm plate.

need some HT counter sunk bolts

Made my plate lift the wheel 60mm , factory kit ;ifts wheel approx 50mm, however we didint think about the rear wiper !!!

Mine misses by abount 4mm

do a search in the NS Threads
          Angry.

My Photo site.
          AAA-Photography.smugmug.com

07 NS VRX, DID Auto, Nudge Bar, 130W 215 Nitghtstalkers, 50w HID H/Beams, Kenwood Touchscreen Natsav/DVD/CD/Rev camera, Rear Alpine DVD Player, Recaro Orthopedic drivers seat, DIY Spare Wheel Lift.

Comment

• bushman
            Valued Member
            • Mar 2009
            • Wollondilly Shire NSW

As done by another member and now mine. though i didn't need to in the end but did anyway.
            Attached Files
            09 NT Di-D Auto RX (Now Gone)
            2014 Golden Eagle Escape in tow ( Now Gone)
            2021 QF Pajero Sport
            ​​2020 Vacationer Roadtracker in tow
            LOVE'N THAT CAR"

Comment

• Isa paj
              • Apr 2009
              • Mount Isa Queensland

I have the spare wheel lifter fitted. What I have found is the lower bar is rubbing on the spare wheel leaving a mark that cannot be removed. If you remove the rear fog light and look in with the cover closed and bolted up the bar can be seen hard up against the spokes on the rim. I ended up cutting a section out of the bar and it clears the spoke.
              NT GLS Manual.

Comment

• dd58
                • Jan 2011
                • Canberra

I recently bought and fitted the lift kit. Fitted the problem of clearance over the coupling, For the sake of $120 it was an easy and quick fix.

Comment

• draganlada
                  • Dec 2010
                  • sydney

Originally posted by Isa paj View Post
                  I have the spare wheel lifter fitted. What I have found is the lower bar is rubbing on the spare wheel leaving a mark that cannot be removed. If you remove the rear fog light and look in with the cover closed and bolted up the bar can be seen hard up against the spokes on the rim. I ended up cutting a section out of the bar and it clears the spoke.
                  I've same problem(damaged spare wheel spoke) plus right side of the cover is not closing flash cos bar is pushing against the tyre making large gap at the right side when cover is closed and bolted,left side closes fully and there is lot of a clearance between cover and the tyre

Comment

• myilux
                    • Mar 2011
                    • Wagga Wagga

I having just encounted this problem on my new Paj, I'm dissapointed that A) the dealer didn't mention anything about the need for the riser, and B) that MMA don't include riser in the tow pack.
                    How can they go backwards in the design of the Pajero, i remember when a falcon ute came out the if you had a tow bar and bropped the tail gate it resulted in a dinted tail gate, Ford changed the design instead of making a quick fix. MM should have identified this during R&D and either designed the carrier 50mm higher or moved the wheel back to the right where it is on older models.

I have opted for a bar that drops the ball down 50mm, this keeps things level as well as allowing me to open the rear door.

Comment

• MSF
                      Valued Member
                      • Jul 2009
                      • Sydney, Northern Beaches

I just fitted mine after my new trailer hitch fouled on the spare
                      took all of about 10 mins...

Part No: MR 935796
                      PAJERO SPARE WHEEL LIFT PLATE KIT

Comes with...
                      1 x Plate,
                      3 x wheel nuts to hold the spare onto plate (the 3 factory studs become obsolete)
                      3 x countersunk allen key bolts to attach the plate to the existing wheel carrier
                      2 x cable ties
                      1 x self adhesive foam strip
                      1 x instruction sheet
                      The only thing you will need is a 8mm allen key to fit the plate to the existing wheel carrier

The foam strip is fitted to the lower crossbar of the swing out cover to stop the marking on the wheel. The cable ties are to hold the licence plate cables above the upper cross bar so they don't rub on the wheel... all pretty easy

RRP is
                      $109.80 Incl GST

Comment

• Isa paj
                        • Apr 2009
                        • Mount Isa Queensland

Originally posted by MSF View Post
                        The foam strip is fitted to the lower crossbar of the swing out cover to stop the marking on the wheel. The cable ties are to hold the licence plate cables above the upper cross bar so they don't rub on the wheel... all pretty easy
                        Check it after a few kilometers and it will become evident that the foam strip does bugger all to protect the spoke.
                        NT GLS Manual.

Comment

• mattyry
                          • Dec 2011
                          • australia

Where can I buy the spare whee offset mount from?

matt

Comment

• Lance
                            Valued Member
                            • Aug 2009
                            • Melbourne

Mitsu Spare Parts, about $110 I believe.
                            2005 NP Platinum Edition, DiD Auto
                            2009 VW Crafter motorhome

Comment

• owg582pdu
                              • Nov 2011
                              • Brisbane

Replaced Jayco ALKO Hitch with a Hyland Hitch - now door opens fully,
                              12 NW GL DID Auto. MMA: Steel Front Protection Bar, Front Fog Lamps, Roof Rails, Rear Diff Lock, Carpet Mats, Thule Roof Rack Cross Bars, Trail Boss HD Tow Bar, Redarc Electric Brake Controller.
                              Wishlist: Cargo Liner, Dash Mat, Seat Covers, Rear Dust Deflector

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X