• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mac1
    • Jul 2014
    • Adelaide

Vent or breather on differentials

Does anybody know if their is a breather on the front diff? The manual shows a "Vent" on the rear diff but not the front.

Is it thought to be a good idea to fit an extension on the vent/s to ensure water isn't sucked in when driving through water with hot diffs?
    Thanks
  • Lando
    Valued Member
    • May 2013
    • Lake Maquarie NSW

Front diff breather actually comes up to just below the airbox so isnt too bad at all...but can afford to be raised when you do the rear breather

Rear is simply plugged into a part of the chassis maybe 2 inches above the diff...definently worth a breather up to the engine bay

I did both diff and the winch so far...and really wanna do the transmission but its not that easy
    MY14 NW GLX-R

This thing goes freaking everywhere!!

Comment

• Mac1
      • Jul 2014
      • Adelaide

Thanks Lando

Comment

• Lando
        Valued Member
        • May 2013
        • Lake Maquarie NSW

All good mate
        MY14 NW GLX-R

This thing goes freaking everywhere!!

Comment

• Pajshomoneroguntero
          Valued Member
          • Jul 2013
          • Sydney

I think I've got a pic of the front diff in my build thread. Link in the sig. It should be near the beginning as it was one of the first mods done.

Incidentally I decided to leave the transmission breather for now. I recall that the obvious breather was not a sufficient fix for it. The transfer breathes to the gearbox and then to a cavity IIRC.
          NX GLS MY16 Auto: MM Towbar | Spare Lift Kit | Cooper ST MAXX 265/65R17 | SPVi Module mk3.1 | Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier | Torque Pro App | Donaldson 3um 2ndry Fuel Filter | Diff Breathers | GME4500 UHF | Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform | Roley's Rear Bash Plate | Bushskinz Underbody Protection | Airtec Snorkel | Onboard Compressor | Awning | ARB Deluxe Bar | Lightbar | Sherpa4x4 Winch | Bushskinz Sidesteps | Masten TPMS

Build Thread

Comment

• DAUMULLER
            • Oct 2010
            • Capetown

Diff breather

The gearbox on my manual NP has breather from gearbox and transfer case joining into one line going to up near the fire wall. It is hard to find but on drivers side looking from underneath near the fire wall towards the air conditioner drain out let. If you look at the one near the air box (front diff breather) with a rubber cap / breather on it you will know what you are looking for.
            I would like to extend both of these as I have got water in them after several weeks up the cape doing deep water crossings. I thought about putting them in the air box on back left corner under the filter but no one seems to do this for some reason. I have a petrol V6 with snorkel and this would keep the breather away from the normal air stream.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X