• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Detonator
    • Aug 2011
    • Traralgon

Playing CDs

Ok folks, Ive got a big CD collection. I don't feel like sitting at a PC and ripping all this music to USB stick. How do other people play their CDs in NX Pajeros ?
    PS there is no CD player as standard fitment.
  • bennyb29
    Valued Member
    • Nov 2015
    • Brisbane

I dont suppose you have much choice here. While the easiest option is to get the songs onto a USB stick, the other option is to use a portable CD player which can plug into the AUX port of your car.
    Mitsubishi Pajero NT Platinum 2010

Comment

• nj swb
      Resident
      • Jun 2007
      • Adelaide

How do you eat an elephant?

One mouthful at a time.

Every journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step.

Don't sit down at a PC to rip all your CDS - sit down to rip one. Then rip another. Then another, when you feel like it. I started ripping my CDs over 10 years ago, and still haven't done them all. I now have music that I've never owned hard copy; I don't remember the last time I played a CO.

Resistance is futile.
      NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• Ian Sharpe
        Valued Member
        • Nov 2000
        • Tasmania

you could always get a replacement headunit or go the external cd route as suggested, but I agree that resistance is futile. Cds are now old almost obsolete technology.

I have my entire music collection now as mp3s, over 20gb worth. But you know what I find that I never really listen to more than a couple of gb worth of songs in the car, so I have a sd card with most of my favoriite music on that .
        NS shorty 3.8l petrol with winch, front/rear E-lockers
        NT shorty 3.2l tdi, pretty stock with rear locker

Comment

• Dicko1
          Valued Member
          • Dec 2014
          • Cairns, FNQ

It is so easy to sit at a computer select 8 gig of random music and download as mp3 to a usb stick. The play in car on random mode. 8 gig is many hundreds of tunes. I have over 250gig of music albums on my desktop computer and hard drives. Not lackingg for variety and I have about 6 sticks of music in the car. So, so simple. I do believe their is a cd in the glovebox but it is used just to run through the cd player every 6 months or so. Good luck and enjoy.
          Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• ticky
            Valued Member
            • Jan 2015
            • Adelaide

Easiest way is to find a few people who have music files and crab a copy.
            You can the set you library to use Itunes (which I hate but need it for our phones) or some other player, and select the type and decade of music you want to copy to a stick.

Seeing how much music others have made me have a look to see how much I have. Just a shade under 40gig, thats a lot of songs. There's probably 1 or 2 repeats in that list I imagine, but getting a quick collection together shouldnt be too hard, a lot of people have chosen to store their music this way these days.

Steve
            2009 NT VRX, Rear Battery Pack, 18" Bridgestone D-697, SPVi EGR mod, BushSkinz Intercooler & Sump Plates. BOO's Transmission & Transfer Case Plates. GME 3550, HID HB's and 22"LED Bar, Pioneer Avic F80DAB Audio/Coms/Nav system MM4x4 TC Lockup Mate. & 1/2 tank of Diesel

Pretty Stock but very Capable

Wish List: ARB Deluxe Bar & Winch, Snorkel, Diff Breathers, & 1/2 tank of Diesel

Comment

• KiwiNTPajero
              Valued Member
              • Aug 2014
              • Wellington,New Zealand

so how do you mp3 guys aquire new music?I have an old ipod so i use itunes but irks me .In NZ we seem to pay more than anywhere else and i dont like the quality of it.I like the ipod itself and lsten to podcasts as well through an ipod cable/My NT gls has a cd player and plays mp3 discs too
              2009 NT GLS(NZ) diesel LWB auto
              BFG AT,Rhino Rack Vortex Bars,Foxwing Eco Awning,BUSHSKINZ I/C, sump guards and steps

"do not check the button for faster communication, this will throw a wobbly with some dongles"

Comment

• Vix2010
                • Jan 2015
                • Wamboin NSW

Sit down with a few beers and start ripping.

Maybe you could just scan you CDs into the computer if you have a printer/scanner and then just click and drag them onto usb... lol...
                NT GLS DiD auto, ARB Bar,22" Cree Light Bar, Oricom UHF, Hankook Dynapro MT 265/70r17, CSA Granite Rims, Dobinsons 2" Lift, Safari Snorkle,Custom 3" exhaust, Thule roof racks,Kings awning,roof cage

Love The Paj 👍👍
                (Everything happens for a reason)

Comment

• RUGGA
                  Valued Member
                  • Nov 2014
                  • Adelaide

Originally posted by Vix2010 View Post

Maybe you could just scan you CDs into the computer if you have a printer/scanner and then just click and drag them onto usb... lol...
                  Lol. Someone is already on the Turps!
                  02 NM 3.2, Auto, Exceed, I/C and sump guards, L&B 2" lift, 265/75/16 OPAT2.

Comment

• Vix2010
                    • Jan 2015
                    • Wamboin NSW

Love a good laugh
                    NT GLS DiD auto, ARB Bar,22" Cree Light Bar, Oricom UHF, Hankook Dynapro MT 265/70r17, CSA Granite Rims, Dobinsons 2" Lift, Safari Snorkle,Custom 3" exhaust, Thule roof racks,Kings awning,roof cage

Love The Paj 👍👍
                    (Everything happens for a reason)

Comment

• KiwiNTPajero
                      Valued Member
                      • Aug 2014
                      • Wellington,New Zealand

Originally posted by Vix2010 View Post

new music.Buy the cd and rip it or ????
                      2009 NT GLS(NZ) diesel LWB auto
                      BFG AT,Rhino Rack Vortex Bars,Foxwing Eco Awning,BUSHSKINZ I/C, sump guards and steps

"do not check the button for faster communication, this will throw a wobbly with some dongles"

Comment

• NFT5
                        Valued Member
                        • Apr 2011
                        • Canberra

I still buy CDs from time to time although I do download some stuff. The CDs I save as a .iso (ao they can be burned again if damaged) and then individual tracks as .wav files. Uses a lot more space, i know, but there really is a significant difference in quality, especially on a home theatre system. I have close to 20TB storage at home now so space isn't an issue and it continues to get cheaper.

For the car I've been ripping to mp3 but, eventually I'll rip to FLAC on an SSD in the carputer.
                        Chris

Comment

• swpearce
                          • Sep 2016
                          • Mornington Peninsula

Try Spotify through Android auto.
                          MY16 NX Pajero GLS / MM tow bar, Redarc tow pro elite, nudge bar, 20 inch led bar light, MT Baja STZ, Kings awning, Firestone airbags, Crispmods egr mod.

Comment

• jackhays
                            • May 2013
                            • Adelaide

Originally posted by swpearce View Post
                            Try Spotify through Android auto.
                            AFAIK unless you have Spotify Premium you can't save music files to a device.

Try running Spotify in the middle of nowhere without an internet connection - I don't think so! If you do have a mobile connection then you need to think about data costs.

"You can have up to 3,333 songs available for offline listening, on a maximum of 3 different devices.

Note: You do need to go onto the internet at least once every 30 days to maintain your offline music settings"

MY16 NX GLX, MM towbar and lift kit, HPD Catch Can, EGR mod, Bushskinz, ECB Alloy BullBar, Lovells/Bilstein 50mm, Bridgestone AT697

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X