• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nairbr
    • Feb 2016
    • Perth

30k Service Cost

Hi what are people paying for their 30K service.
    I had mine done yesterday and it was a lot higher that what I was expecting, $800 with a engine flush plus rotate and balance of the wheels.
    Not sure I will be going back to that dealer again.
  • AstinGC90
    • Nov 2017
    • Innisfail

According to the Capped pricing servicing, 30,000 KM should have been $450 for the service. Don't know what those additionals are charged at.

2016 MY17 Pajero Sport Exceed
    MCC Rocker Bar - Runva 11XP Premium Winch - Tough Dog 40mm adjustable lift kit - Safari V-Spec - 4mm Stainless Bash Plates- Savannah RTT - Front Runner Slimline 2 Rack - All interior lighting swapped to LED's - Stedi 39" LED Lightbar with LED/DRL fogs - Intervolt DC/DC charger - Projecta 120W solar - Dual Battery under bonnet 75AH SLA aux - Provent Catch Can - Idrive Windbooster EVC313 - Miracast HDMI mod - Piranha Breathers.

Comment

• Nairbr
      • Feb 2016
      • Perth

Cheers Astin
      That dealer has lost my business forever.

Comment

• ron2503
        • Dec 2017
        • Alex Hills

Originally posted by Nairbr View Post
        Cheers Astin
        That dealer has lost my business forever.
        Go back and find out why they didn't follow the fixed price. Unless they had to do additional work the only other reason to charge more is if the car was purchased under a lease plan.
        2017 PS. OE Bullbar & Towbar. Uniden 7740NB UHF in Console. Roadvision 7" LED's, Custom Offroad SS bash plates, Outback Armour 2"lift; Outback Accessories 107L LRT, Towpro Elite, Masten 6 wheel TPMS.
        Towing '99 Jayco 16' StarCraft poptop.
        Traded 1997 Terrano II. OME with Kings Springs. ECB Bullbar

Comment

• Amok
          • Dec 2016
          • Sydney

Wow even the merc i used to own was less than that.
          MY17 NX GLX with too much cash blown on it

Comment

• aaron.miller
            Valued Member
            • Aug 2011
            • Epping, NSW

Did u authorise the engine flush and rotating the wheels?
            2012 PB 30th Anniversary Challenger, Arb 2.5m awning, Maxtrax, ORS Platform and MSA dropdown slide, Boo's Bashplates, MSA seat organisers with trays, GME 3120s uhf, GME 4705 UHF, Lovells Springs, Arb Deluxe Bullbar, Mitsubishi tow bar, 265/65 17 D697's At's, triple ram mount with ipad and lots more to come.

Comment

• Nairbr
              • Feb 2016
              • Perth

Originally posted by aaron.miller View Post
              Did u authorise the engine flush and rotating the wheels?
              Hi.
              I did but they were $44.50 and $50 respectively which leaves around $700 for the actual cost of the service because no other work was done. I had a look back in my bank statements and I paid $520 for the same work done on the $15k service.

I'm going to call them today and query the amount, even if they have accidently overcharged me it's inexcusable with computerized accounting systems of today.

Comment

• littleriver
                Valued Member
                • Jan 2013
                • Queensland

Originally posted by Nairbr View Post
                Hi.
                I did but they were $44.50 and $50 respectively which leaves around $700 for the actual cost of the service because no other work was done. I had a look back in my bank statements and I paid $520 for the same work done on the $15k service.

I'm going to call them today and query the amount, even if they have accidently overcharged me it's inexcusable with computerized accounting systems of today.
                can't wait to here there reason for the extra charge ...

(say they can deduct the difference on your next service) ...

Ask what engine flush they used ... as we never have had an engine flush ...

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

• ron2503
                  • Dec 2017
                  • Alex Hills

Originally posted by littleriver View Post
                  can't wait to here there reason for the extra charge ...

(say they can deduct the difference on your next service) ...

Ask what engine flush they used ... as we never have had an engine flush ...

Did they give you a reason it needed an engine flush. ÃŒf they did make a mistake with the amount they charged (and I think they did) have them refund the price of the flush and rotation just to save face.
                  2017 PS. OE Bullbar & Towbar. Uniden 7740NB UHF in Console. Roadvision 7" LED's, Custom Offroad SS bash plates, Outback Armour 2"lift; Outback Accessories 107L LRT, Towpro Elite, Masten 6 wheel TPMS.
                  Towing '99 Jayco 16' StarCraft poptop.
                  Traded 1997 Terrano II. OME with Kings Springs. ECB Bullbar

Comment

• Dicko1
                    Valued Member
                    • Dec 2014
                    • Cairns, FNQ

tHE ENGINE FLUSH WILL BE BULLSHIT. iTS ALMOST A BRAND NEW CAR...JUST THIEVING BASTARDS.
                    Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• Djlech
                      • Dec 2015
                      • Brisbane

Originally posted by ron2503 View Post
                      Go back and find out why they didn't follow the fixed price. Unless they had to do additional work the only other reason to charge more is if the car was purchased under a lease plan.
                      My car is on a lease, called a dealer today and was quoted $930!! for the 30k service. Called a second dealer and was quoted $800.
                      According to the MMA capped price servicing for the MY16 model is $560.

Comment

• Dicko1
                        Valued Member
                        • Dec 2014
                        • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by Djlech View Post
                        My car is on a lease, called a dealer today and was quoted $930!! for the 30k service. Called a second dealer and was quoted $800.
                        Whereabouts in qld are you?
                        Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• spot01
                          Valued Member
                          • Apr 2011
                          • Adelaide

Check inside the front cover of your service book - it should show if capped price is applicable to your car or not - some fleet & gov't cars don't have it.
                          Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• Djlech
                            • Dec 2015
                            • Brisbane

Originally posted by spot01 View Post
                            Check inside the front cover of your service book - it should show if capped price is applicable to your car or not - some fleet & gov't cars don't have it.
                            I'm in Brisbane and I'm not covered by capped price servicing. Got a quote from an independent garage $670

Comment

• spot01
                              Valued Member
                              • Apr 2011
                              • Adelaide

I'm in Brisbane and I'm not covered by capped price servicing. Got a quote from an independent garage $670
                              If you would prefer to stay with a dealer, ring a few & see if they will match the price - it costs nothing to ask & prices are often negotiable, but how many people ask?
                              Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X