• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BeanCounter
    • Mar 2012
    • Tasmania

Ridge Ryder winch on ARB B/Bar Question

Hi All, given the recent discount on the Ridge Ryder 9500lb winch I'm thinking of finally taking the plunge and fitting it to my old bus.

Now all the mounting points etc are the right size, only question is the roller fairlead. The winch is cable (not rope) hence the roller fairlead. The bullbar I have is the ARB Deluxe (https://www.arb.com.au/mitsubishi-pa...al-protection/). My question is, I notice with the picture there, and others on the web of a similar bar that the vertical fairlead rollers are bolted through the additional horizontal plate that comes out the front (sorry but I don't know exactly what it is called). The Ride Ryder fairlead doesn't appear to have large bolts through the rollers, rather a pin/clip type arrangement.

Do the rollers need to be bolted to the bullbar, or is just bolting the fairlead assembly to the bullbar sufficient?
  • BeanCounter
    • Mar 2012
    • Tasmania

I'm sure there are many eagerly tracking this thread

You do need the bolts for the vertical fairlead for future reference. I'll be organising a couple during the week. Rudge Ryder winch install on the ARB deluxe bar whilst a little time consuming is fairly straight forward and fits. Only mods were drilling new holes in the fairlead to line up with the bottom bolts on the winch, and drilling offset holes on the top of the bar for mounting the control box (I went down that path due to my driving lights and needing access to put the controller cord in)

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
    Working...
    X