• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Connormcintosh
    • Jun 2015
    • Gascoyne Junction

Quick Aussie Weekender

The Mrs and I decided life is far too short to not go away for the Australia Day weekend so here is a post....

Car all packed up Thursday night and we left after work on the friday to head up to the Green head/Jurien Bay Marine park area. After a quick crumbed sausage it was up Wanneroo road for a few hours and boy was it packed... Lucky we had a secret spot away from the crowds.

Brilliant track conditions not too boggy put the tyres down to 20/22 and we were cruising through.

Made camp 20m from the beach behind a bit of cover and hit the hay after some quick stargazing... no pictures as we figured we still had plenty of time, how little we knew.

Woke up to an amazing beach completely to ourselves for 4 or 5Kms each way so we swam, snorkelled and nearly walked the 22km to Green Head. The beach was perfect to drive on, however the tide was unpredictable being new moon but still no dramas. 39 Celsius and we were loving it. Except the Bees, I don't mind bees but having a whole hive follow you up and down the beach is pretty annoying.

4 o'clock rolls around and the weather starts coming in. Still in high spirits we call it time on the beach and retreat to play Top trumps and poker with dinner and few drinks whilst the rain settled in for the night.

Blowing its hole off all night and some evening visitors we slept in until 8 had a slow rise in the rain and headed off to make some trouble in the dunes.

Our most unfavourable part of the trip time to air up and head home.

Thanks for reading.
    Last edited by Connormcintosh; 01-02-17, 12:06 AM.
    Had; 2005 NP 3.8L auto with all the berries

Now 2010 Patrol Zd30 with even more berries
  • Lando
    Valued Member
    • May 2013
    • Lake Maquarie NSW

Looked like a great weekend!!

Very jealous as i was stuck at work lol
    MY14 NW GLX-R

This thing goes freaking everywhere!!

Comment

• Nab
      Valued Member
      • Mar 2012
      • Perth

Wow, I'm surprised you had the beach to yourselves!
      SOLD 2004 NP 3.2 auto
      NOW 2014 Ranger XLT auto

Comment

• Aspey
        • Dec 2015
        • Great Southern Land

Looks like an awesome spot.
        NP VRX DID

Comment

• Connormcintosh
          • Jun 2015
          • Gascoyne Junction

Originally posted by Nab View Post
          Wow, I'm surprised you had the beach to yourselves!
          It's a bit off the track. About 30 minutes of low range track that keeps the masses of softroaders away away.

Comment

• Connormcintosh
            • Jun 2015
            • Gascoyne Junction

PM me for GPS coordinates, happy to share.

Comment

• RUGGA
              Valued Member
              • Nov 2014
              • Adelaide

Awesome little getaway secret spot.

How do you have your Maxtrax secured to your rear wheel? Also, how is your blue air lounge thingy, any good?
              02 NM 3.2, Auto, Exceed, I/C and sump guards, L&B 2" lift, 265/75/16 OPAT2.

Comment

• Connormcintosh
                • Jun 2015
                • Gascoyne Junction

Originally posted by RUGGA View Post
                Awesome little getaway secret spot.

How do you have your Maxtrax secured to your rear wheel? Also, how is your blue air lounge thingy, any good?
                The blue chair thingy was a novelty christmas gift that has now found a permanent spot in the rear drawers. I thought it would burst/tear as soon as it went onto any surface but it is actually standing up pretty well. It is like having a hammock that folds down into a handy little bag and get thoroughly used every trip.

I use these for the maxtrax,

The MAXTRAX Rear Wheel Harness lets you safely and securely carry your MAXTRAX on your vehicle's rear-mounted spare tyre. Quick and simple to install, the harness makes it easy to quickly grab your MAXTRAX when you need them in a hurry and means you can carry dirty ones without dropping sand, mud or snow in or on your

it has a fastener that goes on the front. Either it is rubbish or I did it wrong but I lost it on my first trip with it so I just ratchet them to the spare wheel after the weight is on the hooks. In hindsight I would get the roof rack mounts, quicker, cheaper and more accessible.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X