Also have MA on an NX exceed NSW registered

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Scouter1
      Valued Member
      • Mar 2013
      • Sydney NSW

2011 NT is marked as MC

Robert, nice to have you join the forum.

Cheers,
      Stephen
      2011 Silver NT GLS DiD Auto with extra bits - build thread http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=36099

Comment

• middy
        • Oct 2015
        • Brisbane

Call me stupid but how do you attach an image file in a private message? The manage attachment option doesn't appear for private messages.
        2015 NX Pajero

Comment

• vladguan
          Valued Member
          • Mar 2015
          • Adelaide

Originally posted by middy View Post
          Call me stupid but how do you attach an image file in a private message? The manage attachment option doesn't appear for private messages.
          I just uploaded mine to photobucket and linked it in the PM.
          Please call me Vlad.
          -----------------------
          MY15 NX GLS - SPV EGR; Donaldson filter; Front sensors; Compass; DEI506T and DEI507M; LED interior and exterior lights; Blue LED step lights; 3T tow bar; 20% front & clear tint over privacy windows; Chrome handle protectors; 3x Bushskinz guards; Nudge bar; Hella Sharptones; Dual alarm horns; STEDI lightbar; TC mod loom; Paddles; ProVent 200; Dobinsons springs and MRR shocks; Bonnet struts; OCAM awning; Rear work light; Air compressor. TBD - UHF.

Comment

• Morville
            Valued Member
            • Mar 2008
            • Buxton Vic

I think we are all keen to see MMAL's response. With the Ford Everest being a new model and also with a 2WD variant, there is some understanding initially for a MA classification for them all.
            But with the MY 15 Pajero's receiving a MA when identical vehicles before and after got a MC, it will be interesting what they have to say. No doubt their spin doctors are already onto concocting an answer.
            Peter

Comment

• old Jack
              Regular
              • Jun 2011
              • Adelaide, South Australia.

Clearly there a 2 questions that need to be answered;

1. Why are manufacturers like Ford, Jeep and Mitsubishi applying for MA classifications? I can understand when there is a 2wd and 4wd variant that there could be confusion and/or cost savings. Is it the manufacturer or its Agent that does the applications, could they all be using the same Agent?

2. Who in the appropriate government department is checking these applications and why are they not being reclassified correctly or is this an automated process where if the application fee is paid then the approvals just get rubber stamped?

OJ.
              2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
              MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• Seigried
                Valued Member
                • Apr 2016
                • brisbane

Jeeps excuse for the grand cherokee from mc to ma is that the lower duty rate for mc class no longer applies. I read into this its cheaper to import as ma than mc

Every vehicle in Australia is categorised according to its purpose, but some seem to be in the wrong category. That's important for off roaders.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Comment

• middy
                  • Oct 2015
                  • Brisbane

Originally posted by rmp View Post
                  Could anyone that has an MA plated Pajero please PM me a photo of the classification plate without the VIN being redacted. I will take this up with Mitsubishi and post an explanation.

--Robert Pepper
                  PM sent.

Thanks for your help with this Robert. I appreciate it.

Andrew
                  2015 NX Pajero

Comment

• stumagoo
                    Valued Member
                    • Jun 2014
                    • Perth WA S.O.R

oops post removed - doubling up of info and uneeded.
                    Last edited by stumagoo; 26-12-16, 02:10 PM.
                    1994 NJ 3.0 now with a 2000NL 3.5 engine and driveline, 2.5 catback, 32" MT Deegan 38's, 1" body lift, front diff drop with front tension rods indexed and cranked an 3", 3" on the rear coils
                    *** retired to the big wrecking yard in the sky***
                    1998 NL 3.5 blisterside, running a 6g75 (3.8) with M90 supercharger at 14psi, 305.70.16's on -44 rims 3.5" suspension lift, Custom Bull bar, winch install, custom front control arms, NJ GLS flares and some camping gear in the back

Comment

• nj swb
                      Resident
                      • Jun 2007
                      • Adelaide

Folks, we really appreciate that members want to contribute to the forum, but:

Originally posted by Seigried View Post
                      Jeeps excuse for the grand cherokee from mc to ma is that the lower duty rate for mc class no longer applies. I read into this its cheaper to import as ma than mc

https://practicalmotoring.com.au/car...-in-australia/
                      Originally posted by stumagoo View Post
                      Two posts within a matter of hours directing people to a story that was included in the first post of a 4 page thread?
                      NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• stumagoo
                        Valued Member
                        • Jun 2014
                        • Perth WA S.O.R

Originally posted by nj swb View Post
                        Two posts within a matter of hours directing people to a story that was included in the first post of a 4 page thread?
                        my bad for some reason I have this being followed as 2 threads, was almost going to link the thread to itself as I even thought this was the second thread on the forums about this topic.
                        Last edited by stumagoo; 26-12-16, 06:30 PM.
                        1994 NJ 3.0 now with a 2000NL 3.5 engine and driveline, 2.5 catback, 32" MT Deegan 38's, 1" body lift, front diff drop with front tension rods indexed and cranked an 3", 3" on the rear coils
                        *** retired to the big wrecking yard in the sky***
                        1998 NL 3.5 blisterside, running a 6g75 (3.8) with M90 supercharger at 14psi, 305.70.16's on -44 rims 3.5" suspension lift, Custom Bull bar, winch install, custom front control arms, NJ GLS flares and some camping gear in the back

Comment

• Skexis
                          Valued Member
                          • Dec 2012
                          • Adelaide

My 2003 NP is MC
                          "When strangers meet, great allowances should be made for differences of custom and training". The Lady Jessica - Wisdom of Arrakis

Comment

• Wazza430
                            • Jul 2015
                            • Port Pirie S.A.

Just went and seen our local dealer here. He was dumb struck as to why the difference in classification. Opened the door of a new pajero on the floor and it was classified MC. It was dated 08/15. So ive tried to ring MMA but all their operators are busy but my guess is they are on holidays.
                            MY15 GLS NX Pajero, ARB Deluxe bar, AE4705 GME Antenna, Uniden 8060S, SPV EGR block, Donaldsonl fuel filter, Front tinted windows, Monroe shocks, King Springs,HPD catch can, 9" dominator driving lights.

Comment

• nj swb
                              Resident
                              • Jun 2007
                              • Adelaide

It could be a basic administrative error - somebody ticked the wrong box, and it took a few months to be noticed.

I suggest we wait for Robert to report on Mitsubishi's response - hopefully he'll be able to provide some point of reference, so affected owners can go to their nearest dealer and get it sorted without hassle.

Fundamentally, Mitsubishi have always pushed the Pajero as a genuine off-road vehicle, and current models remain MC. I think the MA classification was a simple mistake, and expect Mitsubishi to stand behind the Pajero, and its reputation.
                              NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• m_and_m
                                Valued Member
                                • Mar 2010
                                • Tea Tree Gully, Adelaide

MY16 NX is MC
                                2016 NX Exceed 3.2 DiD, BullBar | 2" OME lift | Safari snorkel | UHF | Towbar | Tow pro elite ECB | Full Bushskinz UBP and side steps | HID highbeam upgrade | 9" LED spots | 100Ahr Aux. Battery | HPD Oil catch can | Flappy Paddles | auto-matePRO
                                2016 LC200 Sahara V8 Diesel,Lots of Mods too
                                Checkout our products at MM4x4 http://www.mm4x4.com.au auto-mate and lockup-mate for Mitsubishi's and Toyota's

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X