• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • erad
    Valued Member
    • Mar 2015
    • Cooma NSW

Well, after a LONG and hard battle, my mate made it up Brown Mountain with no problems at all. The dealer installed a new fan coupling and also a larger transmission oil cooler. I suspect that fan coupling was all that was needed, but the extra cooling of the tranny oil won't go astray, The dealer had replaced the temperature sensor, claiming that was the problem, but when you look at things in clear light of day, the sensor was doing its job - it shut the engine down when things got too hot. They didn't think to look for why it got too hot. Der! Raises doubts about the technical ability of the service people there. Not that I ever had doubts (Choke choke choke).

This raises an interesting question: Having a larger cooler for the tranny oil - what will be the effect when not towing and in the cold winter climes we have here? I wonder if the tranny oil has to get to a certain temperature in order to be able to operate correctly, and he may now be overcooling it? Anyone have experience with this? If it is a problem I guess he can partially cover the cooler to restrict its cooling, and then remove the covering later when he is towing up Brown Mountain again.

Comment

• Peterng
      Valued Member
      • Jun 2013
      • Northern Rivers NSW

Good to hear..

The Rangers market competitor...in just a bit of PR Difficulty..
      http://4x4earth.com/forum/index.php?...-amarok.41844/.

Very Interesting...

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
      Working...
      X