• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • baggins
    • Feb 2012
    • melbourne

Superselect conversion

G'day
    Does anyone know. Or has anyone tried swapping the challenger 5 speed for one from a Pajero with super select. I need to change the clutch on my car and was thinking/hoping that while its out they might be the interchangeable. Seeing that if the 6g74/5 is swappable. Then maybe a super select gearbox would also fit. Even if I have to have the driveshafts shortened or lengthened.

Any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks
  • serapax
    • Jul 2013
    • Melbourne

This probably isn't much help, but a friend has an imported turbo diesel PA with Super Select, so I'd be surprised if they weren't interchangeable.

Cheers,

Mike

Comment

• Gen3
      • Nov 2011
      • penrith , NSW

even if you get past the mechanical driveline issues , you will need to use the Pajero ECU , wiring , solenoids and vacuum setup to make it all work.
      plus maybe the dash lights will be different

Comment

• NFT5
        Valued Member
        • Apr 2011
        • Canberra

Or you could use the mechanical one from the Gen2 Pajero, which is probably a lot closer to the PA than the electronic one from a Gen3.
        Chris

Comment

• baggins
          • Feb 2012
          • melbourne

Originally posted by NFT5 View Post
          Or you could use the mechanical one from the Gen2 Pajero, which is probably a lot closer to the PA than the electronic one from a Gen3.

That's what I was thinking. People often say the pa and the gen 2 share a lot of underpinnings. People seem to suggest that the 6g75 will go anywhere a 6g72/4 was. So the bellhousings must be the same bolt pattern. Also. The gearbox from a Pajero has taller ratios I think so might be able to get my rpms down. 2750 at 100 feels busy. Particularly if I plan on moving to g"6g75 in future.

Comment

• Ent
            Valued Member
            • Apr 2014
            • Tasmania

Originally posted by baggins View Post
            That's what I was thinking. People often say the pa and the gen 2 share a lot of underpinnings. People seem to suggest that the 6g75 will go anywhere a 6g72/4 was. So the bellhousings must be the same bolt pattern. Also. The gearbox from a Pajero has taller ratios I think so might be able to get my rpms down. 2750 at 100 feels busy. Particularly if I plan on moving to g"6g75 in future.
            The PA was built on the old Pajero chassis and the PB swapped to the Triton chassis but the rear shares lot with the coil PA. The rather disorganised Mitsubishi part bin that needs the actual vin to be sure will complicate what wirjs with what.
            2014 PC Challenger, manual, factory tow-bar, factory front diff protector, TJM inter-cooler plate, Bushskinz manual transmission protection plate, ProRack S16 roof racks, front elocker, Drummond Motor Sport front struts, custom 16mm King rear springs with Bilstein Dampeners, Buzz Rack Runner 3 bike platform, Eclipse Nav head unit, GME TX3800BW UHF, 16x8 CSA Raptor rims, 265/75R16 Maxxis MT-762, orToyo AT/2 265/70R16 Triton rims, BFGoodrich 235/85/R16 Triton rims, or Factory tyres and rims.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X