• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • woffleon
    • Jul 2016
    • NSW

Right rear door window won't work

1 week old exceed and left side works .......is there a separate child proof switch for each rear door ....am I missing something or is this warranty?
    Both driver and door switch same result.
    Thanks in advance
    Sterling Silver Pajero Sport Exceed -- HR towbar - Towpro Elite - Duel battery - King spring KCRS23
  • BruceandBobbi
    Valued Member
    • Aug 2016
    • Greater Sydney

Originally posted by woffleon View Post
    1 week old exceed and left side works .......is there a separate child proof switch for each rear door ....am I missing something or is this warranty?
    Both driver and door switch same result.
    Thanks in advance

The first thing to do is read the manual.

If the switch or whatever else is faulty of course it's warranty.

Comment

• nj swb
      Resident
      • Jun 2007
      • Adelaide

I had a quick look at the wiring diagram, and I can't see a single point of failure for both switches, and only those two switches - so I'm guessing it's a problem with the motor, or its wiring.
      NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• JohnFromPerth
        • Mar 2018
        • Western Australia

The window lock switch on the drivers door locks and unlocks all windows except the drivers.

There is a separate child safety door switch on each back door. Open the door and look on the inside edge just below the slot for the door latch. There is a small white slide switch. On my vehicle it only locks or unlocks the door latch, not the window.

So maybe you have a warranty claim.
        Last edited by JohnFromPerth; 17-03-19, 12:38 PM.

Comment

• Pajflyer
          • Jan 2017
          • Sydney

Have you had the front windows tinted, if yes maybe the connection on either front doors may have come loose. But I could be wrong

Comment

• Keithyv
            Valued Member
            • May 2018
            • Perth

Yeah generally if you unplug the connector on the door switch in question it will stop that switch working (duh) but also prevent the driver’s switch from controlling it too.

Good question re. the tint..
            2014 NW MY14 3.2 DID GLX-R Auto. Champagne in colour!
            MM Lockup mate. King KCRS-35 rear springs. Monroe Gas Magnum TDT rear shocks. 3M color stable tint all round. Spare wheel lift kit. 'Dynamat' in all doors and rear cargo area. Pioneer AVH-Z5150BT Head Unit. Upgraded Speakers. Rear (2nd row) USB outlet. Factory nudge bar with LED light bar. Provent catch can. LED interior lights. Rear cargo area twin Andersons and Merit socket. Anderson plug in rear bumper. 6 channel TPMS.

Comment

• woffleon
              • Jul 2016
              • NSW

All good points thanks .....no no tint. If you "go up" on the door switch it attempts to move but realises its already shut like the others but the drivers switch will not do this (not the motor or fuse).....Im thinking this IS A WARRANTY issue. It will be due in for its 1500klm "service" to see if its still got 4 wheels and a steering wheel check list ...so will have to be looked at then.

Thought this would have shown up at the pre - delivery stage
              Thanks for all your suggestions
              Sterling Silver Pajero Sport Exceed -- HR towbar - Towpro Elite - Duel battery - King spring KCRS23

Comment

• JohnFromPerth
                • Mar 2018
                • Western Australia

I wonder if some safety mechanism has been triggered.
                Have a look at pages 3-19 and 3-20 in the owners manual. It has a section on how to reset the drivers window function if the battery or fuse has been disconnected.
                This may also apply to other windows now.
                Many times the manual does not keep up with changes in newer vehicles.

Comment

• Kingbrown
                  Valued Member
                  • Apr 2012
                  • Port Augusta - SA

The symptoms you describe could be exactly replicated by an open circuit in wiring between the front driver switch (for the RH Rear Window) and rear RH switch.

I'd call this connection the 'UP OFF' wire that links the Driver's RH Rear switch and the RH Rear switch.

A faulty contact in the rear RH Rear switch 'UP OFF' position is also part of the circuit so the switch could also be the culprit.
                  Same goes for the Driver's RH Rear switch 'UP OFF' position.

Front and rear switch controls for your problem window rely on this connection, but the rear RH switch UP function does not need it in order for that window to go UP.
                  Last edited by Kingbrown; 18-03-19, 05:55 PM.
                  2012 PB Challenger LS Manual

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X