• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mitsa
    • May 2014
    • Brisbane

Stuck in 4H

Hi - I am away at Fraser Island at the moment & the mitsa was changing fro 2H / 4H & 4HC ? Perfectly but then when I went to change again into 4HC ? it would not & I am now stuck in 4H - I’ve tried changing while stopped / moving slowly/ forward & reversing & at speed but cannot get it out of 4H - any ideas
    2010 XLS Auto Challenger - ECUTEK Remap by MRT + KCRR-23 Rear Springs & EFS shocks / Struts + Home made Rear draws + GME TX3120 UHF + Nudge Bar with 22" Light Bar
  • Peterng
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2013
    • Northern Rivers NSW

Was has been the outcome?
    The vehicle still stuck in 4H if you have tried changing back whilst on the tarmac..

Comment

• mitsa
      • May 2014
      • Brisbane

Removed the centre floor consoles etc to get to the lever assembly - removed the lever assembly & found the knuckle on the lever assembly tight whilst trying to change gears - got it free & back into 2H thenrefitted it & I am now waiting on the new assembly to arrive then will replace it
      2010 XLS Auto Challenger - ECUTEK Remap by MRT + KCRR-23 Rear Springs & EFS shocks / Struts + Home made Rear draws + GME TX3120 UHF + Nudge Bar with 22" Light Bar

Comment

• mitsa
        • May 2014
        • Brisbane

Stuck in 4h update

New lever assembly arrived so swapped out the complete assembly & shifting all good now - new assembly cost just under $400 but decided to be safe than sorry.
        I have pulled apart the old assembly & found it to be dry so suspect after playing around with it that the 2 nylon bushes - which are an inner & outer with a spring in between jammed as once I starting pushing / playing with the bushes & spring they jammed a few times - appears lack of lube so greased it all up & seems to be shifting ok so will now keep as a spare - upon looking at the new assembly it had been greased so maybe after nearly 9 years the heat melted the original grease ????
        If anyone is interested in pics of the lever assembly pulled apart I have some but I’m having trouble attaching them so PM me

Comment

• denmonkey
          • Oct 2017
          • Newcastle NSW

Originally posted by mitsa View Post
          New lever assembly arrived so swapped out the complete assembly & shifting all good now - new assembly cost just under $400 but decided to be safe than sorry.
          I have pulled apart the old assembly & found it to be dry so suspect after playing around with it that the 2 nylon bushes - which are an inner & outer with a spring in between jammed as once I starting pushing / playing with the bushes & spring they jammed a few times - appears lack of lube so greased it all up & seems to be shifting ok so will now keep as a spare - upon looking at the new assembly it had been greased so maybe after nearly 9 years the heat melted the original grease ????
          If anyone is interested in pics of the lever assembly pulled apart I have some but I’m having trouble attaching them so PM me

thanks for reporting back,

Is it a simple enough job to get some lube in there with the assembly in situ ?

cheers Brett

Comment

• old Jack
            Regular
            • Jun 2011
            • Adelaide, South Australia.

Originally posted by denmonkey View Post

Is it a simple enough job to get some lube in there with the assembly in situ ?

cheers Brett
            Hi Brett,

The thread is concerning the PB/PC Challenger transfer case and it has the the same transfer case of the Gen 3 Pajero's, I am not sure when in the Gen 4 series the transfer case changed and there wa not longer a direct mechanical link between the transfer lever and the transfer case.

OJ.
            2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
            MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• mitsa
              • May 2014
              • Brisbane

Hey Brett- the transfer lever assembly needs to be pulled out then disassembled to grease up - the PB is a different setup to an earlier post I found about a pajero - send me a PM & I can send you some pics I took learning out on my issue & I can explain the issues I had getting to it - also check the grease spec you use to suit the temp around the lever assembly

Originally posted by denmonkey View Post
              s it a simple enough job to get some lube in there with the assembly in situ ?

cheers Brett

Comment

• denmonkey
                • Oct 2017
                • Newcastle NSW

thanks very much

Comment

• pajeromack
                  Valued Member
                  • Jun 2014
                  • NSW

Originally posted by old Jack View Post
                  Hi Brett,

The thread is concerning the PB/PC Challenger transfer case and it has the the same transfer case of the Gen 3 Pajero's, I am not sure when in the Gen 4 series the transfer case changed and there wa not longer a direct mechanical link between the transfer lever and the transfer case.

OJ.
                  My Gen 3 Pajero transfer case was electric.

My PC transfer case is mechanical.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X