• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pickle
    Administrator
    • Jun 2007
    • All over Oz

trac grabber

Might be the go for novices when it comes to recoveries when out by themselves.

How to Get Your Car Unstuck How to get your car unstuck using the Trac-Grabber     + RULES FOR USING TRAC-GRABBER Important: Slow is best. Apply light power to allow the Trac-Grabbers to gradually engage, lift, and move the vehicle while maintaining slow momentum. Rapid spinning can reduce effectiveness AND damage the Trac-Grabbers. When […]
    NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
    Member 1228 Pajero Club
  • Pwoffey
    Valued Member
    • Jul 2013
    • Adelaide

Yes, I noticed this too. They are described in the latest 4x4 Australia mag. The largest number of user reviews appear to be at the Amazon site

The reviews are mixed with 50% giving 5 stars (but sometimes without actually having used them!). The negatives are pretty negative. "Only useful for small/light cars"; "fell to bits on first use"; "just dig you in deeper" (I can see from the design how that could happen and found that troubling ); "velcro doesn't work after it gets dirty"; "make sure they will fit in your wheel arch" etc.

They're certainly cheaper and more compact to carry around than MaxTrax, but I think when you need to do a self recovery, then you REALLY need it to work, so I'll be sticking with Maxis.
    BY13/MY14 Pajero NW GLX Auto, Cooper ST Maxx, factory towbar, Drifta drawers, SmartBar, Airtec snorkel, Koni Raid 90 front, Dobinson IMLrear shocks with Kings 34-HD springs front, 35-EHD rear, Brown Davis i/c, sump and transmission bash plates, Piranha diff breathers, Fuel Manager pre-filter, LRA 81L auxiliary fuel tank, Piranha steel battery tray, Sherpa 9500 lb winch, HPD catch can, LockUp Mate, Harrop front e-locker, DBA T3 rotors and Xtreme pads, Mark's 4WD reduction gears

Comment

• dhula
      Valued Member
      • Sep 2012
      • South of Perth

The idea is pretty sound I think by the looks of things but it'd be interesting to see how it will work on a 4wd with traction control.
      Also not sure how they would suit a Paj for fitment/use in anger given all the IRS/IFS components, the relatively small clearance between guard and tyre and the size of the brake calipers.
      2010 NT Activ, DiD+lazy shift. Bushskins+Boo's, Kings springs+Monroe shocks+Firestone Airbags, MM towbar, MM nudgebar.
      2006 KJ Cherokee, CRD+lazy shift. Ironman springs and OME shocks, MoPar skids.

Comment

• BeanCounter
        • Mar 2012
        • Tasmania

Notice in the 4x4 AUS video that as soon as he started driving backwards as he got unstuck the right rear tyre only has the yellow strap? Looks like it either really moved or the rubber block tore off.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X