Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Commercial Advertisers > Commercial Advertisers > Offroad'n Lighting Solutions

Offroad'n Lighting Solutions Competitively priced LED driving lights, work lights, strip lighting and lighting accessories

Old 25-04-14
Valued Member

So would there be any point really given the extra $$ in getting the 90W driving lights? The 400W bar seems to put out a huge amount of light!
How much is the 400W bar out of interest?
Jonny Tig FMIC, 3" Exhaust, RalliArt remap, Provent, FuelManager, CouplerTec rust protection, ARB bar, Runva winch, TJM Snorkel, Bilstein/Lovell/Airbags, full Bushskins kit, Asfir AC+fuel, Stedi driving/fog light combo + LED headlights, dual battery, Uniden UHF, RedArc TowPro Elite, BRC breathers, Honda sprayers, Automate lockup/paddles, Rhino platform/backbone
Old 25-04-14
"valued 3000+ member"

They go for $850 incl freight

'89 NG Paj, 3L V6, now running 2" suspension lift, 33" Micky T Baja Claws's, Front LOKKA & 12,000lb winch
Old 25-04-14
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerboy View Post
distance wise there's not a huge improvement, however the volume of light concentrated in the sort of spot beam area 400m+ down the road is noticable. So do you get more distance, probably not a huge amount, but there is more light (so the lux value would be greater at the further distances now) down the road
Ok , I haven't had a chance to do a lot of night driving on open roads with the 400watt bar, so I'll have a good look at it over the next couple of weeks once I get a couple of other jobs out of the way. Just undecided if I need any more light, the lightbar is absolutely fantastic for windy road/track work, but I think a little more distance would be good on the open road to!

Have you had a chance to compare the 90watt spots up against the ARB intensity's at all, wondering how the hell they can be asking $1500 a pair Surely they aren't that much better?

Current vehicle: 2016 Y61 GU Patrol Legend series Auto, (Last of the Breed)
3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | ECU Remap |
Old 25-04-14
"valued 3000+ member"

I haven't, finding someone who is willing to compare them and for me to have time free to do it are both proving near on impossible

'89 NG Paj, 3L V6, now running 2" suspension lift, 33" Micky T Baja Claws's, Front LOKKA & 12,000lb winch
Old 25-04-14
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerboy View Post
They go for $850 incl freight
That's a great price for this bar! It is bloody bright, I haven't found anything brighter yet! Hence my indecision on whether I need more lights or not!
I have checked the current draw on the bar and it is only pulling 20.4 amps and 269 watts when lit up which is bloody fantastic, I am guessing this is achieved via the step up 36v digital controller. I am running it directly from my 2nd battery and monitor the amp/watt draw with a Victron BMV 702 monitor.
I was expecting it to be pulling 30+ Amps so was surprised at the low current draw.

Current vehicle: 2016 Y61 GU Patrol Legend series Auto, (Last of the Breed)
3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | ECU Remap |
Old 25-04-14
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemc181 View Post
That's a great price for this bar! It is bloody bright, I haven't found anything brighter yet! Hence my indecision on whether I need more lights or not!
I have checked the current draw on the bar and it is only pulling 20.4 amps and 269 watts when lit up which is bloody fantastic, I am guessing this is achieved via the step up 36v digital controller. I am running it directly from my 2nd battery and monitor the amp/watt draw with a Victron BMV 702 monitor.
I was expecting it to be pulling 30+ Amps so was surprised at the low current draw.
Is there a free lunch?! (400watt light for 269draw). Is the bar de-rating or the 400watts an indirect/obscure rating or something else?

Comparisons between the brand and and others would be interesting for sure.

If you are looking for an idea on distance ARB have a chart for the intensities.
Old 25-04-14
"valued 3000+ member"

ARB's chart for the intensities is a bit of a joke, extrapolating out to 0.25lux to try and claim really long distances, yeah I'll pass, I'm not here to pull the wool over your eyes by clutching at measurements you can't actually see.

Have a look through the pics in the thread for comparison shots of other style bars
http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...6&postcount=18

That post has several types in it

Old 25-04-14
Valued Member

Re: Charts - marketing no doubt. Still is nice to marry test 'data' with real world performance.

The comparison shots are greatly appreciated - Cheers.
Old 25-04-14
"valued 3000+ member"

I've found a set of ARB's to compare with next week, stay tuned

Old 25-04-14
Valued Member

Would be interesting to see how they compare to the proper great white 90w spotlights also.
2010 NT GLS DiD Auto Silver | TJM T13 Bullbar | Lightforce LED 180 Spotlights | Runva 11XP | Dual Batteries | TJM snorkel | Bushskinz & TJM bash plates | Custom alloy roof rack | Sunseeker II Awning | MDC RTT | EGR Block | Bilstein/Lovells | Dick Cepek Fun Country tyres | Wet seat seatcovers | Uniden UH7760NB | Parrot Asteroid Smart | Morel, Soundstream and Kicker Audio | MM Cargo Barrier | Storage Drawer | Onboard water system |

See our latest adventures at http://www.treksandtinroofs.com