Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Commercial Advertisers > Commercial Advertisers > Offroad'n Lighting Solutions

Offroad'n Lighting Solutions Competitively priced LED driving lights, work lights, strip lighting and lighting accessories

Old 15-01-14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrex View Post
What are the 90w LED's worth? Pics? Size? etc.
They are $600 with a Narva spotlight wiring loom for forum members. 7" (190mm tall by 175mm wide and 135mm deep)

Offroad'n Lighting Solutions - Don't be left in the dark
Old 15-01-14

Thanks for taking the time to post these photos,it obviously took a lot of time and effort.
Old 25-04-14
Valued Member

Don't know why I couldn't find this thread earlier!

Hopefully you can help... I am torn right now between options... This is mainly for night time highway driving.

90W LED spots or 55W HID... I can't make up my mind. I will eventually be getting a lightbar for the roof when I get enough money to buy a roof rack.

Do the 90W LED's light up far enough to be comfortable when night driving? They are significantly more expensive than most 55W HID options so not sure about spending the extra
Jonny Tig FMIC, 3" Exhaust, RalliArt remap, Provent, FuelManager, CouplerTec rust protection, ARB bar, Runva winch, TJM Snorkel, Bilstein/Lovell/Airbags, full Bushskins kit, Asfir AC+fuel, Stedi driving/fog light combo + LED headlights, dual battery, Uniden UHF, RedArc TowPro Elite, BRC breathers, Honda sprayers, Automate lockup/paddles, Rhino platform/backbone
Old 25-04-14
"valued 3000+ member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poita View Post
Don't know why I couldn't find this thread earlier!

Hopefully you can help... I am torn right now between options... This is mainly for night time highway driving.

90W LED spots or 55W HID... I can't make up my mind. I will eventually be getting a lightbar for the roof when I get enough money to buy a roof rack.

Do the 90W LED's light up far enough to be comfortable when night driving? They are significantly more expensive than most 55W HID options so not sure about spending the extra

What sort of driving do you do? As in location wise. I have removed my HIDs, the extra distance was only way down the line that I would rather run LED for up to 400m than hid which is in-excess of 400m. The 90w are currently $500/pr at the moment too, and are far more suited to driving roads within a 400 odd km radius around perth, traffic volumes and lack of straight roads mean you want fill up front and something that will do instant on/off

'89 NG Paj, 3L V6, now running 2" suspension lift, 33" Micky T Baja Claws's, Front LOKKA & 12,000lb winch
Old 25-04-14
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerboy View Post
What sort of driving do you do? As in location wise. I have removed my HIDs, the extra distance was only way down the line that I would rather run LED for up to 400m than hid which is in-excess of 400m. The 90w are currently $500/pr at the moment too, and are far more suited to driving roads within a 400 odd km radius around perth, traffic volumes and lack of straight roads mean you want fill up front and something that will do instant on/off
Hi mate, based in Adelaide, SA.
Most of it would be gently rolling hill country ie between Adelaide and Murray Bridge towing the ski boat and camping weekends to the Yorke Peninsula which rarely has a 1km stretch in a flat straight line. We also have a few trips we want to do to the VIC high country which has some longer stretches.
Also planning a trip to Perth at the end of the year to visit in-laws.
Jonny Tig FMIC, 3" Exhaust, RalliArt remap, Provent, FuelManager, CouplerTec rust protection, ARB bar, Runva winch, TJM Snorkel, Bilstein/Lovell/Airbags, full Bushskins kit, Asfir AC+fuel, Stedi driving/fog light combo + LED headlights, dual battery, Uniden UHF, RedArc TowPro Elite, BRC breathers, Honda sprayers, Automate lockup/paddles, Rhino platform/backbone
Old 25-04-14
"valued 3000+ member"

what sort of bar were you looking at fitting? TBH I'd still run leds over hid, on the straights up north I know that even though they were straight the shoulder of the road dropped off a bit so it still hid cattle and roos even if you could see a km down the road

'89 NG Paj, 3L V6, now running 2" suspension lift, 33" Micky T Baja Claws's, Front LOKKA & 12,000lb winch
Old 25-04-14
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerboy View Post
what sort of bar were you looking at fitting? TBH I'd still run leds over hid, on the straights up north I know that even though they were straight the shoulder of the road dropped off a bit so it still hid cattle and roos even if you could see a km down the road
I hadn't decided that yet as I don't have the roof rack fitted. I will be getting the Rhino Pioneer basket system and mounting it on the front of that. Probably a full width single row. Undecided about spot or combo setup with this as that will depend on what the spotlights turn out like.
Old 25-04-14
"valued 3000+ member"

Okay well here's an example of a couple of different style bars we do to help you decide

Old 25-04-14
Valued Member

Hi Bakerboy,
How do you find the 90watt led spots compared with the 400 watt lightbar?
Is there any distance gained from the spots if run in conjunction with the 400watt bar?

Current vehicle: 2016 Y61 GU Patrol Legend series Auto, (Last of the Breed)
3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | ECU Remap |
Old 25-04-14
"valued 3000+ member"

distance wise there's not a huge improvement, however the volume of light concentrated in the sort of spot beam area 400m+ down the road is noticable. So do you get more distance, probably not a huge amount, but there is more light (so the lux value would be greater at the further distances now) down the road