• All over Oz

Mitsubishi Outlander plug-in hybrid review | first drive

Not far away now.
    NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
    Member 1228 Pajero Club
  • RG76
    • Feb 2013
    • Sydney

Looks and sounds good, the pricing is out of the ball park for the average family but at least its coming down.
    2015 MQ Triton GLS Manual, TJM XGS Suspension, TJM rear step/towbar, TJM Snorkel, Projecta Dual Battery, Bridgestone MT 674's...Eaton rear E-locker

Comment

• mongoose
      • Aug 2007

unfortunately I am not sure how well this vehicle suits Australian driving conditions being the fuel consumption is no better than an Outlander diesel at highway speeds. Was also very surprised that it has no spare wheel that would be a deal breaker for me.
      NW Pajero VR-X
      Currently stock

Comment

• Dion
        Valued Member
        • May 2010
        • Brisbane

Originally posted by RG76 View Post
        Looks and sounds good, the pricing is out of the ball park for the average family but at least its coming down.
        Not that far away. Given the premium petrol and diesel Outlanders are practically $40k, sub $50k isn't a huge premium and don't forget its the loaded version (radar cruise etc).

I've driven the Outlander (diesel) and don't mind it and we are sort of in the market for one (wife's car/family hack).

I would have liked a pure EV version with much bigger battery pack - or at least one that has the petrol motor separate from the drivetrain (i.e. charges only) and a bit more electric only range (80km would be more comfortable).

Would come into its own on the weekends - shops, kids sports, visiting friends - and charge it at home off the solar array - motoring for free.
        2010 NT DiD Platinum Auto (Warm White). ARB Sahara Bar (colour coded), ARB dual battery with Redarc, Ultimate Suspension, Redarc remote BC, Bushskinz plates, D694s, Rhino Pioneer Platform, Engel 40L, Hella Compact HIDs, UH7760NB, Scangauge II, Rear shelf storage, Bushskinz rear bumper protection.

Comment

• Pickle
          Administrator
          • Jun 2007
          • All over Oz

Outlander Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle hits number one

In only its first month of retail sales the Mitsubishi Outlander Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle (PHEV) has become New Zealand’s most popular Electric vehicle with sales of 41 units. Not only is this the largest selling Electric vehicle for the month of April, but it also makes Outlander PHEV the largest selling electric vehicle ever introduced to New Zealand.
          “We are delighted with the response from New Zealand in the first month of sales” says Mitsubishi Motors Head of Sales and Marketing Strategy Daniel Cook.
          “Customers just love the quiet, powerful drive and uncompromised range offered by the plug-in hybrid. Not to mention the exceptional fuel economy of only 1.9 L per 100km.”
          “Dealerships around the country have been flat out providing test drives and taking customer orders. We strongly encourage anyone to book a time to experience the new technology first-hand at one of our dealerships”
          Customers are trading all manner of vehicles to get behind the wheel of the high performance PHEV. One such example is Wanganui customer Wayne Watson who last month traded his Hummer on the high performing Outlander PHEV.Mr Watson commented that “the new Outlander PHEV with it’s remarkable technology, performance and fuel economy was an obvious choice to replace my thirsty Hummer”
          NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
          Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• Pickle
            Administrator
            • Jun 2007
            • All over Oz

Outlander PHEV Receives Five Star Award for Safety from JNCAP

NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
            Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• Darwiniandude
              Valued Member
              • May 2008
              • Adelaide

In the US these have an AC outlet. 1500 watt power to run your camping goodies.

Do the AU models have this? Can't find mention of it, maybe it's the 100VAC / 240VAC issue?
              Adelaide
              2004 NP Exceed 3.8 V6, SVI LPG, Factory alloy bar and sunroof, 55w HID converted IPF spots, Safari Snorkel, custom rear storage/fold out sleeping platform, Alpine iLX-007E Apple CarPlay head unit & reverse cam

Comment

• Darwiniandude
                Valued Member
                • May 2008
                • Adelaide

Mitsi confirmed on Facebook, no AC outlet for the Australian model. Doh. That would be kinda cool, direct AC output for camping goodies from the cars massive battery.
                Adelaide
                2004 NP Exceed 3.8 V6, SVI LPG, Factory alloy bar and sunroof, 55w HID converted IPF spots, Safari Snorkel, custom rear storage/fold out sleeping platform, Alpine iLX-007E Apple CarPlay head unit & reverse cam

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X