• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Angry
    Valued Member
    • May 2009
    • Riverina

VRX Seat Removal

I have a VRX with the drivers powered seat, however I find too hard & flat. I have a Recaro orthopedic power seat which I wish to fit.
    Can any tell me how to remove first the trim on the side of the seat ??, * where the bolts are hidden to remove the seat itself ??.

I also need help as the handbrake in mine sits up at about 30degrees & I want it to drop down horizontal anyone know how to get this adjusted back to horizontal ??.
    Angry.

My Photo site.
    AAA-Photography.smugmug.com

07 NS VRX, DID Auto, Nudge Bar, 130W 215 Nitghtstalkers, 50w HID H/Beams, Kenwood Touchscreen Natsav/DVD/CD/Rev camera, Rear Alpine DVD Player, Recaro Orthopedic drivers seat, DIY Spare Wheel Lift.
  • apsilon
    Valued Member
    • Feb 2008
    • Hills District NSW

If the VRX has seat mounted airbags removing it would be illegal.

That said the plastic trim usually just pulls off. I say usually because I haven't tried it on the Pajero. If it does have airbags make sure you disconnect the battery first as well. Triggering the airbag while you've got your head next to it undoing the bolts wouldn't be good.
    MY09 NT Pajero X shortie diesel
    Mods - No longer fit in my sig so see here

Comment

• dunkinx
      • Jul 2007

your airbag warning light will light up,
      2007 NS 3.2 did auto and 1999 NL 2.8 , .

Comment

• Angry
        Valued Member
        • May 2009
        • Riverina

Dunkinx,

How come your signature says no DPF installed ??
        Angry.

My Photo site.

07 NS VRX, DID Auto, Nudge Bar, 130W 215 Nitghtstalkers, 50w HID H/Beams, Kenwood Touchscreen Natsav/DVD/CD/Rev camera, Rear Alpine DVD Player, Recaro Orthopedic drivers seat, DIY Spare Wheel Lift.

Comment

• Zr1
          • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Angry View Post
          I have a VRX with the drivers powered seat, however I find too hard & flat. I have a Recaro orthopedic power seat which I wish to fit.
          Can any tell me how to remove first the trim on the side of the seat ??, * where the bolts are hidden to remove the seat itself ??.

I also need help as the handbrake in mine sits up at about 30degrees & I want it to drop down horizontal anyone know how to get this adjusted back to horizontal ??.
          Hi Angry,

Do you do a lot of driving? I'm pricing NT's at present both GLS and VRX, and am concerned about the lack of lumbar adjustment in the GLS. I spend considerable time in the vehicle so would like it to be as comfortable as possible. The fact that you have noted your issues with the VRX seat which has the lumbar is a concern. All the vehicles I’ve had in the last 10 years have had adjustable lumbar so I’m unsure what to do.
          Also regarding removing the seat - Be sure you're grounded before unplugging the loom and removing it. There's debate around that Static Electricity in the wrong place may create enough of a charge to ignite the bags. Debate or no debate I Personally wouldn't want to be nailed in the chest or head with an airbag so Just touch the striker plate on the door frame for a couple seconds to discharge yourself. Also be careful not to damage or stretch the Pretensioner as this is generally wired in with the air bag circuitry and may give you grief if damaged.

Comment

• apsilon
            Valued Member
            • Feb 2008
            • Hills District NSW

FWIW the Pajero took me the longest of any car I've ever owned or driven (and that's hundreds) to find the right seating position. IMO that means there's soemthing wrong with the seating design.

Once I did find it however (which took about 3 weeks of daily driving) it's been fine.

You might want to consider just giving it more time to find the position that works for you. I was a bit worried myself at first.

As for lumbar support most auto upholstery places should be able to supply and fit an adjustable lumbar support (the ones with a small hand bulb to inflate) if you get seats with out adjustable lumbar.

EDIT: while I think of it, if you really can't find a comfortable position with the seats an upholstery place will also be able to add/remove and sculpt the padding to how you want it but you may need to retrim the seats as well if your changes are significant enough that the OEM material no longer fits. This will avoid the legalties of messing with the airbags.
            MY09 NT Pajero X shortie diesel
            Mods - No longer fit in my sig so see here

Comment

• Zr1
              • Oct 2009

Originally posted by apsilon View Post
              FWIW the Pajero took me the longest of any car I've ever owned or driven (and that's hundreds) to find the right seating position. IMO that means there's soemthing wrong with the seating design.

Once I did find it however (which took about 3 weeks of daily driving) it's been fine.

You might want to consider just giving it more time to find the position that works for you. I was a bit worried myself at first.

As for lumbar support most auto upholstery places should be able to supply and fit an adjustable lumbar support (the ones with a small hand bulb to inflate) if you get seats with out adjustable lumbar.

EDIT: while I think of it, if you really can't find a comfortable position with the seats an upholstery place will also be able to add/remove and sculpt the padding to how you want it but you may need to retrim the seats as well if your changes are significant enough that the OEM material no longer fits. This will avoid the legalties of messing with the airbags.
              Hi Apsilon,

thanks for that, it's a good point about an auto trimmer. I wouldn't consider removing or changing the seats, I’d be concerned about ruining the overall safety aspect of the vehicle. But certainly a reputable trimmer maybe able to help.

cheers jason

Comment

• CeeJay
                Valued Member
                • Sep 2008
                • Samford, QLD

I bought a lumbar cushion from Clarke Rubber, it's the same colour as the black fabric seats and straps to the seat - you don't see it unless you are looking for it. $35 and all good now.

2008 NS DiD GLX, ARB bar, Warn winch, BFG ATs, Bilstein/Lovell 2" lift, Milford barrier, VMS GPS, Rhino platform rack, Uniden UHF, Mobile 1 antenna, MMA tow bar, DIY dual battery system, Outback rear storage, Bushskinz bash plates x 3, custom steel sliders, Airtec snorkel, Narva HIDs, Ironman awning, ERPS, Glind hot water

Comment

• Zr1
                  • Oct 2009

Originally posted by CeeJay View Post
                  I bought a lumbar cushion from Clarke Rubber, it's the same colour as the black fabric seats and straps to the seat - you don't see it unless you are looking for it. $35 and all good now.
                  Hi Ceejay,

Thanks, I'll look into that, my only concern would be if the support interfered with the side airbags, it'd depend on howe far out the cushion protrudes i guess.

cheers

Comment

• Angry
                    Valued Member
                    • May 2009
                    • Riverina

ZR1,

Mate its not the lumber support thats the problem,.... its the flat, ...hard, ..impossible to get correct squab thats giving me the S%%#s.

Funnily enough I have no issue witht the lumber support even with injuires from a Valiant/bike accident years ago !.

I was givena fully electric authopedic Recaroa few years ago & its been sitting in the shed waiting to go into my next vehicle, its just a pain to fit, pity I dont think its got built in heaters !.

In answer to your question, Lumber support os fine, if you can geta VRX it has electric adjustment & lumber as standard. I tried a GLX & noticed no lumber either.
                    Angry.

My Photo site.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X