• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • supraminipooj
    • Jul 2015
    • Alaska

power steering hose

So Ive hit a bit of bother with my pressure power steering hose for my 85 SWB. It seeps from the top of the crimp on the pump side and I CANNOT find a replacement anywhere.(Doesn't help I'm in America with a Saudi market Pooj) Went to a local hose manufacturer and they can't even find any parts to make a new one because the hard line ends are metric and inverse flares.

I know I could do a banjo fitting or an adapter to AN line on the pump side because the connection is a machined surface, but the box side is cast.

Any ideas or useful info is greatly appreciated!

(I currently have stopped the flow with Permatex acft gasket maker and duct tape, but its only a matter of time....)
    Last edited by supraminipooj; 16-05-20, 02:32 AM. Reason: Add pictures
    85 SWB 2.6 Petrol 5spd under 100,000km, original. Mods: Yakima roof rack/basket, Pertronix Elec Ign kit.
  • supraminipooj
    • Jul 2015
    • Alaska

Pics of the pump/box outlets
    Attached Files
    85 SWB 2.6 Petrol 5spd under 100,000km, original. Mods: Yakima roof rack/basket, Pertronix Elec Ign kit.

Comment

• mudraiderus
      • Aug 2014
      • US

So Is it leaking from the hose or the fitting?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

• cruisn06
        Valued Member
        • Jan 2011
        • Perth WA

I ended up cutting the hard pipe a bit back from the threaded part and recrimping a new hose to it to stop my leak.

otherwise check out Amayama.com or megazip.net or milneroffroad.com they all supply parts for pajeros. the first 2 are oem. milner has quality parts and mostly oem. have a go at that.
        07 Mitsubishi Pajero Shorty - Currently rolling around... Parked in Armenia for the moment

Insta: https://www.instagram.com/wrongturnadventure/

Comment

• supraminipooj
          • Jul 2015
          • Alaska

Originally posted by cruisn06 View Post
          I ended up cutting the hard pipe a bit back from the threaded part and recrimping a new hose to it to stop my leak.

otherwise check out Amayama.com or megazip.net or milneroffroad.com they all supply parts for pajeros. the first 2 are oem. milner has quality parts and mostly oem. have a go at that.
          I'll give the last one a try, but I've been on megazip(QUITE frequently) and my particular hose (w/o banjo pump fitting) is not in stock.

Thanks for the help

Comment

• supraminipooj
            • Jul 2015
            • Alaska

Originally posted by mudraiderus View Post
            So Is it leaking from the hose or the fitting?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
            From where the crimp and rubber hose meet on the pump side. It just seeps from there

Comment

• chippy4x4
              • Apr 2009
              • adelaide

Originally posted by supraminipooj View Post
              From where the crimp and rubber hose meet on the pump side. It just seeps from there
              Can you cut the metal tube and Braze weld a tube onto to it that will then allow you to use an imperial size fitting?

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X