• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shizuoka
    • Jun 2011
    • Sunshine Coast

Pajero DiD 06 - np engine stops.

Hi mechanics out there.
    Driving home up and down a few small hills, now on the level road, car start slowing down - lights on dash, engine light, then engine stop completely.
    Got out checked under bonnet, all OK. Start engine - starts and off I go again, engine light flickers a few times, only going steady at around 60k/hr.
    Next day in for check and diagnostics, cannot find anything, comp read out finds no fualts. The mechanic said it probably went into LIMP mode. A get you home controlled speed.

Next day all good, except went up a hill and it started to show engine light again, then got better.

HELP - ANY IDEAS ?

Tim
  • El_Freddo
    Valued Member
    • Nov 2018
    • Bridgewater, Vic

G’day Tim,

After you got the check engine light, did you check for codes again?

With the flash of the CEL you will have stored codes, even if the CEL turns off. That would be my first port to investigate.

It’s been about four weeks since your post, any changes/findings or is it parked up due to this issue?

Cheers

Bennie
    2005 NP DiD auto. The family bus. Dual batteries, snorkel, one side step, King Springs lift, Koni shocks, rear airman airbags, Provent catch can, 81L LRA tank (awesome!). Other rides: "Ruby Scoo" my lifted L series Subaru and my "Redback" Targa top Brumby - only mods are 5 poster bullbar and nicer dashboard from a coupe

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
    Working...
    X