• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Moya
    • Apr 2015
    • South west vic

ACDelco Fuel Filter

I decided to change my fuel filter today after about 25,000kms.
    Filter was an ACDelco ACF28. I think it only cost $15 when I bought it. I ripped it apart (hacksaw blade broke half way through it) to have a look at what it caught.

Not sure if its alot or not much??
    I dont know what micron rating it is but they say it is OE or better. I have replaced it with a Repco filter. I asked for a Ryco filter but when I got home realized it was Repco brand and I didn't get a receipt. Will check next time!
    PLUTO the NT Platinum - Bushskins - cargo barrier - dash mat - window tint
  • Dicko1
    Valued Member
    • Dec 2014
    • Cairns, FNQ

I think you find the repco one is as good as the original. Be a known brand with the repco name changed..

Certainly dirty eh? Thats why many have 2 filters..
    Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• dhula
      Valued Member
      • Sep 2012
      • South of Perth

ACDelco ACF28 specs are very similar to Ryco Z699 specs when I last looked into it all.
      Last edited by dhula; 16-04-16, 06:33 PM.
      2010 NT Activ, DiD+lazy shift. Bushskins+Boo's, Kings springs+Monroe shocks+Firestone Airbags, MM towbar, MM nudgebar.
      2006 KJ Cherokee, CRD+lazy shift. Ironman springs and OME shocks, MoPar skids.

Comment

• Hill
        Valued Member
        • Sep 2007
        • Adelaide

Originally posted by dhula View Post
        ACDelco ACF28 specs are very similar to Ryco Z699 specs when I last looked into it all.
        HI Dhula

Could you please post ACF 28 Specifications?

These are a replacement filter for Ranger, Forester and Pajero to state a few and as such should meet or exceed factory filter.

The Ryco Z699 at 4 micron @94 percent efficiency is the leader in the pack for CRD filtration.

Hill
        200 Series
        AOR Quantum 4

Comment

• dhula
          Valued Member
          • Sep 2012
          • South of Perth

Unfortunately I've been asked not to publicly post the specs for the AC Delco fuel filter. The info being commercially confidential and not something for wide distribution was the words they used, so I have to respect that.

Suffice to say the numbers I've been sent from both Ryco and AC Delco are within <1.5um (Ryco wins) at the same absolute efficiency rate. (I've got different numbers for the Ryco to what you posted Hill)
          I don't know the nominal efficiency rate for the Ryco but do know it for the AC Delco so am not sure which one wins.

Even though the Ryco does win the race (um rating in absolute efficiency), I'm comfortable using the AC Delco as I don't travel remotely and the servo I use for the majority of my fills has huge filters at the pump which are changed regularly
          Last edited by dhula; 16-04-16, 09:44 PM.
          2010 NT Activ, DiD+lazy shift. Bushskins+Boo's, Kings springs+Monroe shocks+Firestone Airbags, MM towbar, MM nudgebar.

Comment

• Hill
            Valued Member
            • Sep 2007
            • Adelaide

dhula

From: http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=34944

The above thread has specifications from Ryco re Z699 that I have quoted.

Looks like Z699 would be around 7 microns @ absolute rating (98.7)

(ABSOLUTE MICRON RATING: This rating is obtained using a single pass
            test. A single pass test is performed by passing a contaminated liquid through
            the filter media. Any particles that pass through the media are captured and
            measured. This rating gives you a retention percentage of 98.7%)

Neither filter meets Parker Racor's recommendation of 3 micron @95% efficiency for CRD.

Hill
            200 Series
            AOR Quantum 4

Comment

• Moya
              • Apr 2015
              • South west vic

Thanks for that info.
              I have been thinking about a 2nd filter but I dont do any remote driving and use Caltex Vortex but the filter shows that it still catches dirt so maybe I should get a 2nd one. Depends if just the 1 catches enough..

Thanks dhula for your asurance of the ACDelco quality. As I can get their filters at a good price I might just stick with them. Last time I got oil, fuel and air filter cheaper than 1 MM fuel filter.
              PLUTO the NT Platinum - Bushskins - cargo barrier - dash mat - window tint

Comment

• dhula
                Valued Member
                • Sep 2012
                • South of Perth

Thought it better to revive this older thread than start a new one. Take it for what it is, I'm just wanting to share what I found.

While changing my fuel filter yesterday (Old=ACF28, New=ACF28) I noticed that the WIF sensor did not fit cleanly into the bottom of the filter.

The plastic threaded section seams to be incorrect causing the WIF sensor to not locate properly and tighten up nicely. It's as if the ID of the threaded hole is too big or the thread is not the same as the WIF sensor.

The WIF sensor didn't sit straight to the sealing surface as if it was cross threaded (it wasn't, I suspect the thread is not square to the body) and I couldn't get the WIF sensor tight enough to create a proper seal. Due to the looseness of the thread, the WIF sensor would tighten up so much and then 'skip' and come loose, kinda of like when you are trying to tighten a stripped bolt.

The new filter was one that I've had sitting in the shed for maybe about 12 months so is not a brand new one brought just recently so am unsure if it may effect new batches. After taking a closer look at the old filter and how the WIF sensor fits, it looks to have the same or very similar issue, only difference being I was able to tighten the WIF sensor up enough to get a proper seal which I couldn't do with the new filter.

I went down to supacrap and got myself a Ryco Z699 as I didn't want to put the old filter back on (15k kms old and after cutting it open, fairly dirty). The Ryco didn't have any problems like above so is now on the Paj.

I've written to AC Delco to give them info on what I've found but don't expect a response until after Xmas so will share what I can once they get back to me.
                Last edited by dhula; 24-12-19, 03:14 PM.

Comment

• dhula
                  Valued Member
                  • Sep 2012
                  • South of Perth

Have been asked to send some more info to the ACDelco mob so ahve sent them what they've asked for. Hopefully should get a response soon.

Interesting that the tech team guys had a GMH email address.

Comment

• dhula
                    Valued Member
                    • Sep 2012
                    • South of Perth

Despite poking ACDelco/GMH to try and get some info, I've yet to hear back from anyone regarding the problem I have/had. They are welcome to the new filter I couldn't use and the old filter as I still have both sitting in my shed in case they ask for them, but so far - nadda.

Will keep trying but if nothing comes back soon reckon I'll be shifting to the Not Recommended camp.

Comment

• Dicko1
                      Valued Member
                      • Dec 2014
                      • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by dhula View Post
                      Despite poking ACDelco/GMH to try and get some info, I've yet to hear back from anyone regarding the problem I have/had. They are welcome to the new filter I couldn't use and the old filter as I still have both sitting in my shed in case they ask for them, but so far - nadda.

Will keep trying but if nothing comes back soon reckon I'll be shifting to the Not Recommended camp.

Will be interesting to see their response.
                      Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• dhula
                        Valued Member
                        • Sep 2012
                        • South of Perth

Had a response from ACDelco/GMH today and it was a mightily positive one.
                        So, for those that don't know the part number has changed and the new number is ACF256. It pretty much looks like the old one (ACF28) but the filtering media has had an update. Nominal filtration is the same but absolute filtration has been improved by a bit over 2 microns at the same %'s.
                        They are not able to give me an explanation as to why I had the issues I did apart from, it might be a one off. I've offered to send the filters back to the for inspection so will wait and see if they take me up on that.
                        They have offered to send me 2 new (new part #) filters FOC to replace the faulty one so I'm very interested to see if the WIF will fit properly when the time comes (12 months or 10k kms for me).
                        I'll update as things happen.

Comment

• dhula
                          Valued Member
                          • Sep 2012
                          • South of Perth

True to their word, 2 new ACDelco ACF256 fuel filters tuned up today, delivered by their Perth distributer direct to my door. Can't ask for more than taht.
                          I'm still a number of 1000 kms away from needing to do a filter change so won't be able to make comment on fitment etc but when it comes time I'll be sure to update this thread with the good, the bad and the ugly :-)

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X