• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 1533rl
    • Jun 2007
    • armadale wa

D.I.Y Camp Kitchen

Finally got around to doing something about my completely disorganised methods of camp catering. Have used several different plastic tub systems, folding tables, and so on. I saw a short vid on utube from the US and adapted it to my needs, particularly with regard to working height. The base has been made to bring the working surface equal to our normal kitchen bench height.
    Also helped to steamline the amount of kit I used to take, all up the cost of material was under $80. Turned out to be a bit heavier than expected, next version will be lighter ! Had it away over Easter and was amazed how much easier it was for me to set up each night and pack up in the morning (moving each day). Being a completly useless cook, I need to be well organised.
    Pics show progress from back of the NP, to set up with a single cooker (yes, the butane type), but only in the carport.
    Cheers
    Peter
    Attached Files
  • 1533rl
    • Jun 2007
    • armadale wa

D.I.Y Camp Kitchen

Last pic of set up.
    Attached Files

Comment

• ticky
      Valued Member
      • Jan 2015
      • Adelaide

Thats pretty cool, Well Done mate

Steve
      2009 NT VRX, Rear Battery Pack, 18" Bridgestone D-697, SPVi EGR mod, BushSkinz Intercooler & Sump Plates. BOO's Transmission & Transfer Case Plates. GME 3550, HID HB's and 22"LED Bar, Pioneer Avic F80DAB Audio/Coms/Nav system MM4x4 TC Lockup Mate. & 1/2 tank of Diesel

Pretty Stock but very Capable

Wish List: ARB Deluxe Bar & Winch, Snorkel, Diff Breathers, & 1/2 tank of Diesel

Comment

• Dicko1
        Valued Member
        • Dec 2014
        • Cairns, FNQ

Excellent.

Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• RUGGA
          Valued Member
          • Nov 2014
          • Adelaide

Thought out like an IKEA designer but built to last
          02 NM 3.2, Auto, Exceed, I/C and sump guards, L&B 2" lift, 265/75/16 OPAT2.

Comment

• GHendo
            Valued Member
            • Mar 2012
            • Northern NSW

Very nifty mate. I'm going to keep a note of your design in case I decide to go that way. It's the sort of thing that evolves through a few version as you use it.

Great idea.

Geoff
            03 NP Manual Di-D Exceed, 2" lift, Dobinsons Springs, Lovells Shocks, ORU Winch, ARB Bullbar, Scott's Rods 3" Exhaust, ARB Compressor, Rear Air Locker, Cooper S/T Maxx, Hella Rallye 4000 S/Lights, Pioneer AVH-X5850BT DVD/Tuner w/- Reversing Camera, Sensa Tyre monitor, Uniden UH8080NB UHF, Rhino Platform Roof Rack, Hema HN-7 GPS, Engine Watchdog, CouplerTec, CTEK D250S DC-DC Charger, Snorkel, Towbar.

Comment

• grhyso
              Valued Member
              • Aug 2012
              • Perth

Well done. I flick through posts on expedition portal from time to time and these camp kitchens are very popular over in the US
              2010 NT GLS DiD Auto Silver | TJM T13 Bullbar | Lightforce LED 180 Spotlights | Runva 11XP | Dual Batteries | TJM snorkel | Bushskinz & TJM bash plates | Custom alloy roof rack | Sunseeker II Awning | MDC RTT | EGR Block | Bilstein/Lovells | Dick Cepek Fun Country tyres | Wet seat seatcovers | Uniden UH7760NB | Parrot Asteroid Smart | Morel, Soundstream and Kicker Audio | MM Cargo Barrier | Storage Drawer | Onboard water system |

See our latest adventures at http://www.treksandtinroofs.com

Comment

• Toddyh
                Valued Member
                • Nov 2013
                • Lalor Park, NSW

Excellent build. My only problem would be where does the swag go? Boot looks very full.
                2010 PB LS- ARB Bull Bar, Runva 11XP winch, Cooper ST Maxx 265/70/17, Ultimate suspension lift, Bushskinz plates, Kaymar rear bar with single wheel carrier.

Comment

• schnitzel
                  Valued Member
                  • Dec 2009
                  • Bendigo

Good unit, but if course you get it sorted and a problem appears, what are you going to use instead of the lunchbox stoves now that they have been banned?
                  Current vehicles: 2017 Toyota Hilux, 2022 Hyundai Kona,2022 VW T-Cross1995 3.5l nj Pajero , 1995 2.8td Mitsubishi Delica,2011 , 2 x 1971 ta 22 celicas, 74 ta 22 celica, ke 35 corollla with 18rg, 95 gtr 1000, 79 leyland terrier bus ( 350 chev),1978 ke 35 corolla, 1980 ra 40 celica 18rgeu,2011 agricat jd495,chamberlain g6 plus a few other odds and ends

Comment

• Dicko1
                    Valued Member
                    • Dec 2014
                    • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by schnitzel View Post
                    Good unit, but if course you get it sorted and a problem appears, what are you going to use instead of the lunchbox stoves now that they have been banned?
                    Only banned from sale. No ban on using them is there?
                    Dicko. FNQ

Comment

• schnitzel
                      Valued Member
                      • Dec 2009
                      • Bendigo

Originally posted by Dicko1 View Post
                      Only banned from sale. No ban on using them is there?
                      Banned from use as well unfortunately
                      Current vehicles: 2017 Toyota Hilux, 2022 Hyundai Kona,2022 VW T-Cross1995 3.5l nj Pajero , 1995 2.8td Mitsubishi Delica,2011 , 2 x 1971 ta 22 celicas, 74 ta 22 celica, ke 35 corollla with 18rg, 95 gtr 1000, 79 leyland terrier bus ( 350 chev),1978 ke 35 corolla, 1980 ra 40 celica 18rgeu,2011 agricat jd495,chamberlain g6 plus a few other odds and ends

Comment

• Dicko1
                        Valued Member
                        • Dec 2014
                        • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by schnitzel View Post
                        Banned from use as well unfortunately
                        I just searched google and it looks like most states have the sale of these units banned. They have not banned the use of them but indicate people shouldn't use them. Wont stop me. Probably wont stop many thousands of other people who know how to use one correctly either.

cheers
                        Dicko. FNQ

Comment

• 1533rl
                          • Jun 2007
                          • armadale wa

D.I.Y Camp Kitchen

Hi schnitzel, I originally made my design to fit a primus two burner cooker but then had to find where to carry the gas bottle. That would have made the box lower in height but I had the space in the back to use anyway.
                          The butane cookers are not banned from use at all, lots of places actually still sell the two cooker versions ! I only use the CRV type cans now, and all my pots and pans are small enough not to hang outside the cooker central area.
                          Hi Toddyh, back area is pretty full but it still contains everything I need. I have the drawers as pictured, and the seat well under the floor, and a shelf over the fridge and box. The box contains absolutely every kitchen item I need anyway. What is not in the pic is my RTT, that's why a swag is not a problem for me.
                          Cheers
                          Peter

Comment

• KiwiNTPajero
                            Valued Member
                            • Aug 2014
                            • Wellington,New Zealand

well done like how you have made it modular
                            2009 NT GLS(NZ) diesel LWB auto
                            BFG AT,Rhino Rack Vortex Bars,Foxwing Eco Awning,BUSHSKINZ I/C, sump guards and steps

"do not check the button for faster communication, this will throw a wobbly with some dongles"

Comment

• GHendo
                              Valued Member
                              • Mar 2012
                              • Northern NSW

Originally posted by 1533rl View Post
                              The butane cookers are not banned from use at all, lots of places actually still sell the two cooker versions !
                              Yep - when I was at the Brisbane 4WD Show I was a bit surprised to see one of the stands selling them. I don't know if theirs was a brand that hadn't been banned or what. I was going to ask but didn't get a change to talk to the bloke.

Geoff
                              03 NP Manual Di-D Exceed, 2" lift, Dobinsons Springs, Lovells Shocks, ORU Winch, ARB Bullbar, Scott's Rods 3" Exhaust, ARB Compressor, Rear Air Locker, Cooper S/T Maxx, Hella Rallye 4000 S/Lights, Pioneer AVH-X5850BT DVD/Tuner w/- Reversing Camera, Sensa Tyre monitor, Uniden UH8080NB UHF, Rhino Platform Roof Rack, Hema HN-7 GPS, Engine Watchdog, CouplerTec, CTEK D250S DC-DC Charger, Snorkel, Towbar.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X