• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Skexis
    Valued Member
    • Dec 2012
    • Adelaide

Diesel for econony?

Check this out. 318k on the clock so must have done a lot of idling or heavy towing. It's a 2008 NS auto.
    Attached Files
    "When strangers meet, great allowances should be made for differences of custom and training". The Lady Jessica - Wisdom of Arrakis
  • spot01
    Valued Member
    • Apr 2011
    • Adelaide

Looks to me like the car has only just been started, as there is no history on the graph that will show up to the last 4 hours of running. If the car isn't run for over 3 hours, the graph clears the data.
    I see this sort of info for the first few minutes after starting cold - looks normal to me.
    Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• HeavyPizzaz
      Valued Member
      • May 2017
      • Sydney

Diesel for econony?

Originally posted by spot01 View Post
      Looks to me like the car has only just been started, as there is no history on the graph that will show up to the last 4 hours of running. If the car isn't run for over 3 hours, the graph clears the data.
      I see this sort of info for the first few minutes after starting cold - looks normal to me.
      +1
      Plus it wouldn’t use much fuel idling. I had a Fiesta ST for a while and maybe others do it too but when I parked it and let it idle the file consumption was so low it went from L per 100km to L per hour. From memory with the air con on, on a hot summer day, it was around 0.6L per hour. Nothing really. And it wasn’t coz it was particularly fuel economic. It wasn’t. At least maybe coz I drove it like I stole it which was what it was made for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• nj swb
        Resident
        • Jun 2007
        • Adelaide

Originally posted by spot01 View Post
        In my NT the graph only auto-ranges from 0-10 to 0-30. If the consumption "plot point" is more than 30l/100km then the point doesn't plot, and the range doesn't change.

Doing beach work, with a lot of 1st/2nd gear (high range) work and leaving the engine idling during recoveries / reconnaissance it's not unusual for my graph to look something like that - following hours of operation.

Totally meaningless photograph. Unless somebody is waiting for us to laugh at the radio being on Adelaide's 107.1? This makes me feel better about listening to 102.3.
        NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• Skexis
          Valued Member
          • Dec 2012
          • Adelaide

Ah ok. Found this whilst browsing vehicles for sale and this was one of the photos. Thought it looked a bit off but the explanations make sense.
          "When strangers meet, great allowances should be made for differences of custom and training". The Lady Jessica - Wisdom of Arrakis

Comment

• Keithyv
            Valued Member
            • May 2018
            • Perth

Yep, could have been after moving the car 50 metres and that's it.
            Mine regularly reads 20 / 30 or more by the end of my street after a cold morning start.
            2014 NW MY14 3.2 DID GLX-R Auto. Champagne in colour!
            MM Lockup mate. King KCRS-35 rear springs. Monroe Gas Magnum TDT rear shocks. 3M color stable tint all round. Spare wheel lift kit. 'Dynamat' in all doors and rear cargo area. Pioneer AVH-Z5150BT Head Unit. Upgraded Speakers. Rear (2nd row) USB outlet. Factory nudge bar with LED light bar. Provent catch can. LED interior lights. Rear cargo area twin Andersons and Merit socket. Anderson plug in rear bumper. 6 channel TPMS.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X